BAD BOYS BAD BOYS!! Undercover Security

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not park, but resort related--a story I'd rather forget:

We were staying at AKL when DS was 3, just about to turn 4. It was Christmas Eve and DS took a short nap in our room prior to us leaving for our special dinner at Artist Point. Well, DS did NOT appreciate being woken up to get dressed for dinner and so he started to scream his head off, "NO! NO! STOP! NOOOOO! I DON'T WANT TO! DON'T MAKE ME DO IT! HELP ME! HELP ME!" This went on for a good 10 minutes. We had simply asked him to put his sweater on! It was a nightmare.

DH and I did our best to calm him down, and eventually he did and we were ready to leave. I always make sure to shut all of the lights before I leave any hotel room, and I distinctly remember doing so when we left that room. As soon as we shut the door and started to walk up the hall to catch the elevator to the main lobby, a man, casually dressed, walked toward us, then past us, not making eye contact. I noticed he had an earpiece with a wire going down the back of his shirt. Interesting, I thought, and we were on our way.

We had a lovely dinner. When we returned to our room, the first thing I noticed was that ALL of the lights were on, plus our closet doors were open. Turn down service? No, no turndown service for us in our standard AKL room. Naturally, I became suspicious so I called the front desk. I asked if security had entered our room while we were out. I explained what had gone down earlier that evening and was told, no, of course not, no one was in your room! To this day, I believe that one of our AKL neighbors called the front desk with concern for our screaming child and that the plain clothes, touristy-dressed man we passed was in fact, a security guard, following up on a report of a child possibly being abused. MORTIFYING. On the other hand, I am glad that (a)someone cared enough to call, and (b) that AKL security responded quickly. Likely scenario was that the man was going to knock on our door and inquire as to what was going on. I did NOT like the idea of anyone being in our room, though.

Wow! I think it is great that they are all over like that. It makes me feel much safer.

I shudder over that baby story. I hope that woman and her child were okay!!

Wow about the hotel room story. I would be a bit leary, but I would be grateful that someone cared and did call.

This is all so interesting!

This thread has great stories, I always loved undercover, CSI type of stuff, my dream job is to work for the FBI....but KEEP the stories coming, very interesting, and I think people need to be aware that you can feel a bit more safer at Disney knowing security is around, not that I personally never felt safe there

Many years ago my dad fell over a large outdoor vase in EPCOT ( China) .
Out of nowhere there were several Disney people offering to help.
My dad looks like Allan Alda (MASH) so this then drew security. He told them no he was ok and not Allan Alda. :lmao:

I had a run in with another "dad" a few years back. He physically assaulted my then 4 year old son. I took some rather decisive action that was quite noticeable and the first 2 "Disney employees" to get to me where two plain clothes tourist types. As we left the area I remember talking to one of them about their rather loud colored golf shirt:lmao:

Oh hell no! You have to tell us which limb you ripped off 1st or if his right or left testicle is still embedded in his gut?

Wow - I had no idea. I guess my son leaving her Diamonback draw string backpack on one of the DTD boats might have caused a stir.

He was with our friends and went on the boat and had his clothes for the pool and his DS in one of those light backpacks - we figured it out the next day and called and it was in the lost and found and they mailed it back for free (I love Disney:lovestruc) I had no idea it may have caused a scene like that.

Regarding security cameras everywhere:

We were on Splash Mountain a few years ago, just about a year after the guy got killed when he panicked and got out of his boat, fell in the water trying to cross over behind it, and got hit by the next boat.

So anyway, the boat in front of us was filled with obnoxious teenage girls (around 14-15) yelling and screaming and doing their best to A) show off for each other and B) ruin everyone else's experience. We were right up at the top of the mountain when one girl in front of us half stood so she could turn around and scream something at some other girls a boat behind us. WELL! The ride instantly came to a screeching halt and a voice came out of a loudspeaker telling her to sit down immediately. Then a burly guard came out of the rocks (I guess there was a door there :confused3) and spoke to her quite firmly. After a couple of minutes the girls were suitably scared out of their pants (not literally, this is not THAT kind of story) and the guard disappeared back into the wall and shortly thereafter we were hurled down the waterfall, zippety-doo-dah.

Like everyone else's stories, it was amazing how fast security appeared and how quickly they could stop the ride. They must have cameras trained on every boat at every turn.

I suspect this is an urban legend, but ....

Apprx 23 years ago, an aquantaince worked at Epcot, she claims a young child was missing, undercovers were at every entrance. Suspect had taken child into bathroom, cut or shaved the female childs head & changed her clothes to make her look like a boy. Supposedly undercovers at exits noticed childs outstanding beautiful eyes & caught the kidnapper.

Again, not sure if this is a legend, seems I've heard it in other scenerios too. If it is true though....WOW!

I suspect this is an urban legend, but ....

Apprx 23 years ago, an aquantaince worked at Epcot, she claims a young child was missing, undercovers were at every entrance. Suspect had taken child into bathroom, cut or shaved the female childs head & changed her clothes to make her look like a boy. Supposedly undercovers at exits noticed childs outstanding beautiful eyes & caught the kidnapper.

Again, not sure if this is a legend, seems I've heard it in other scenerios too. If it is true though....WOW!
Stop this one right now.

Here is the Snopes link about this urban legend.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/parental/kidnap.asp

And, as a side comment, WDW has more Security Hosts working in costume as "Tourist" than they do in costume as "Security Officer".

In April standing in line waiting on AK to open there was a k-9 unit walking around and thru the lines letting the dog sniff everyone...not sure if they were practicing or if that is normal now...hadn't seen it before...he was wearing a vest that warned not to approach or try to pet him-the dog not the human :-)

In April standing in line waiting on AK to open there was a k-9 unit walking around and thru the lines letting the dog sniff everyone...not sure if they were practicing or if that is normal now...hadn't seen it before...he was wearing a vest that warned not to approach or try to pet him-the dog not the human :-)

Don't they realize they are in WDW??? Most of the people who would probably want to pet the dog are already at eye level with it and probably can't even read that vest.;)

At the Contemporary last year my family was sleeping when housekeeping came. I told her we only needed towels not cleaning. While she was putting towels in the bathroom I let the door slam shut so to get her a tip. Welll 2 seconds later security is knocking at the door wanting to know why the door was shut with housekeeping inside.

This thread is super interesting. It makes me great knowing how much Disney does to keep people safe at their parks and resorts.

Stop this one right now.

And, as a side comment, WDW has more Security Hosts working in costume as "Tourist" than they do in costume as "Security Officer".

This is so cool - thanks for posting it. CRAZY! I remember being told this story 25 years ago by my mom's hairdresser. She said it had happened to a cousin or niece of hers. Of course I believed her.

Interesting to see how some urban legends go from pre- to post-Internet. Her version of the story was that the parents recognized the kidnapped girl's shoes just as her kidnappers were about to take her out the Disneyland gates.

Thanks for clearing that up!

Stop this one right now.

Looks like Disney has undercover security on this board, too. :)
Quick response, Cheshire Figment. Glad you were able to jump in before this rumor drew another croud.

Yup, they are surely there, all over the place. I use to work right next to one of their bases (also saw people coming in that were under "arrest"). They are all awesome people! They love their jobs, and I have to say that coming into the park everyday in tourist clothes must be awesome!!!
Just be sure and feel good that Disney is covering all bases and always has :thumbsup2

I met security with the dog too one morning in Epcot.
He stopped to pose for me, and said no one ever took his picture with his dog.

9199disney053.jpg

We saw the security cm with a dog several times at Epcot. The dog we saw was wearing a sign that says "Do not pet." My dd (major dog lover) asked if one pet would be OK, and I told her no because the dog is a working dog on the job. The cm overheard us, smiled and thanked us for not petting the dog.

I've never noticed undercover security, which is good because they blend in well. There was one time we thought that security should have helped in a situation but apparently there wasn't security present when our situation happened. At Epcot's opening, there was a stampede to Soarin. A true stampede! The kids and I somehow got separated from dh, who was behind us. We reached the bottom of the escalator in The Land and stood off to the side and waited and waited for dh. He never came. He finally showed up, very upset. He and a women were both knocked flat to the ground by some idiot running and pushing. Luckily, he and the woman were OK, but no cast members were there to witness this, help, or stop the person who ran and pushed. Is an attraction so important that you have to hurt someone, as in pushing 2 grown adults to the ground, to get there?!

I do wish that the pushing/running to the headliner attractions were under better control. I'm not sure what can be done because the cms try to control the crowds, but people can be downright dangerous when they run and push. If there isn't undercover security already at the Soarin/TSM/EE/Space Mountain/ToT stampedes, I'd love to see some present there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!