Bad advertisements on DIS boards

You can also prevent third party cookies or opt out of Google Ad Sense to prevent creepy "these people are watching me" ads.

I actually uninstalled adblock because I was feeling guilty about it, but I am still not seeing ads. I think Chrome is protecting me from myself. o_O

Try disabling it, clear your cookies and cache and then enable it again. One of the blockers, I can't remember which one, has a clause about letting some advertising in. You have to uncheck that.

Thanks, tried that and it still does not work. I do see a filter about allowing unobtrusive advertising in, but it is not checked and I have no other filters. I am using Google Chrome, same as when it did work. It does work on other pages, just not this page.

Ok, adblocker was recommended here, so I downloaded it, but now there are some sites I can't access, mostly online news sources, and they say to disable adblocker and I hit the "disable" button but that never works, and I still can't access the news sites. Any suggestions?

Love love love Adblock Plus on my desktop. Still trying to figure out how to block ads on my phone without changing browsers though. So far coming up empty.

Ok, adblocker was recommended here, so I downloaded it, but now there are some sites I can't access, mostly online news sources, and they say to disable adblocker and I hit the "disable" button but that never works, and I still can't access the news sites. Any suggestions?
Rather than disable add those sites to your white list and then refresh. You might have to log out/log in again.

For the heck of it, I temporarily turned off my AdBlockPlus for this page and refreshed the page. :faint: :scared1:

Yikes!!!! Hurried up and activated it again. Ahhh, much better. :surfweb: :cloud9:

This is my work computer, so I can't install Adblocker stuff on it. Yeah, I've gotten weird ads....lots of Russian women for me to date if DW ever leaves me. :tongue:

I have no idea what a white list is.
I have an AdBlock (and an AdBlockPlus) icon on my url bar in my chrome browser. I can single click on the icons and I get the choice to enable or disable for the page I'm on.

The ads pay for this board, so if ad blocker programs don't work, you have to live with it. For me, the ads are better than paying to access the boards.

Maybe I need your ads:)

Amberpi: So you posted the message about your upcoming date, and I read it. Then the ads for dating started showing up. I accidentally clicked one, and now I have more.

Also, some people need to take two steps back, and not send a message about an alleged action because they made a false assumption about what they think may have happened (without even asking a question). I'm certainly not going to stand for that.

You can also prevent third party cookies or opt out of Google Ad Sense to prevent creepy "these people are watching me" ads.

I actually uninstalled adblock because I was feeling guilty about it, but I am still not seeing ads. I think Chrome is protecting me from myself. o_O

I have something called "AdChoices" within the ad banners. Sends me to some media site where I can choose preferences.

Amberpi: So you posted the message about your upcoming date, and I read it. Then the ads for dating started showing up. I accidentally clicked one, and now I have more.

Also, some people need to take two steps back, and not send a message about an alleged action because they made a false assumption about what they think may have happened (without even asking a question). I'm certainly not going to stand for that.

Sorry if I caused date site craziness. Please, if you see a site for rich smart dudes - help a sister out!

I made no assumptions and I hope you didn't think so:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter