Backup Host

I think it’s great people leapt to Craig’s defense.
When I read the OP, I just thought she was suggesting it be nice to have someone else help so a few people aren’t trying to wear so many hats. And my reaction was, well yes nice but probably not fiscally likely to have someone on the payroll just as a fill in on stand by. They would still need a primary job. I guess I didn’t read the same thing into it, maybe it was just the timing.
I hope the OP isn’t feeling overly misinterpreted. I have thought Craig could use another assistant for awhile because of his long days, not because I don’t respect and appreciate his talents.

Last edited:
Keep in mind, your only other option, if you don't think that Craig/Ryno are sufficient fill-ins, is that they don't have a show, which they will do at times when everyone is traveling (or if the studio is in quarantine because Pete is too sick to let them in). And that is my least favorite option as I miss them when they aren't there that week.

:clown:

I opened this thread thinking it was about the planned weakened Disboards maintenance :genie:

When you're doing things live, things happen, even if they are editing it and putting it up later, it's not a taped TV show that they can redo something 15 times to get it 'right'. Things happen, remember, even at the Oscars, they made a mistake a couple of years ago and announced the wrong winner. Stuff goes wrong and WILL go wrong from time to time when you're doing a show like this. Even though I miss Charles being on the show, I do like each of the hosts because they bring a different vibe and their own knowledge to the topics, so I do enjoy seeing different people from time to time, as it gives you a different perspective on things.

I haven't heard Tuesday's show yet as it won't get posted until sometime later today, but I agree with everyone else. They have back up hosts. Craig is always entertaining, especially when he messes things up which it sounds like he did this week.

Remember folks, the podcast is NOT anybody's primary job. It is something they all do on the side. And it's FREE!

I think Craig and Ryno work directly for the podcast but I might be wrong.

But yes I agree. Craig is always a good host, and the show is most fun when it's a mess.

I think Craig and Ryno work directly for the podcast but I might be wrong.

But yes I agree. Craig is always a good host, and the show is most fun when it's a mess.

It depends. When you're watching the show and its "a mess" it's sometimes fun to watch. But when you listen as a podcast which I do most often, it's not very enjoyable because you don't have any visuals and it's very confusing.

It depends. When you're watching the show and its "a mess" it's sometimes fun to watch. But when you listen as a podcast which I do most often, it's not very enjoyable because you don't have any visuals and it's very confusing.
I only listen to the show and I would disagree. It's very entertaining and funny when things are getting messed up even though I can't see what's happening.

I only listen to the show and I would disagree. It's very entertaining and funny when things are getting messed up even though I can't see what's happening.

That's fair. I just hear dead air or snickering and I can't see the expressions on peoples face which lessens the experience for me. But it's a live show, so that's my fault not the shows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!