Back from OKW & VWL!

danicaw

DIS Veteran
We returned on Monday night from a busy trip to WDW.
We spent the first 5 nights at OKW where we hosted all of our parents. We have a 8 month old and it was his first trip, we couldn't pick just one set of Grandparents so we checked (and double checked) our points then invited them all. We stayed in a two bedroom with my Mom in the Studio portion, then we had two additional studios for my Dad and Stepmom and Hubbys parents. It worked out great. My parents who had never been to WDW or only been once and didnt stay on property were really impressed by the units and OKW in general. They loved the bus service and really enjoyed there time with our little guy and on there own. My hubbys folks who have been to WDW as many times as we have and have stayed in a GV at OKW in 2000 with us, also enjoyed the trip. We were all in Building 64, which was nice as close to the hospitality house and boat launch to DTD. After check out on friday we check into VWL for the final 3 nights of our trip, on our own. We had a studio at the VWL which worked out fine, although our neighbors for the first 2 nights were really loud, we could hear the movies they watched though the wall. Yikes! Luckily baby slept though it no problem.
We had a great trip. I didn't want to leave.
We have always loved the WL so staying at the VWL was great. And OKW is our home resort, it has a great feel to it and always makes us feel at home. So far we havent seen a DVC resort we didnt like ;)

Excellent, glad to hear you had a great trip and all the parents got along ;)

I am glad you and your family had a great trip! Thank you for posting!:)

Hi,

Glad you had a good time!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Allison an associate

Glad you and your family had a great trip, Thanks for posting.

Did you fly the new non-stop on Alaska Air? We are watching the rates for our trip in June. But they're still around $360. It would be great to make the long flight with no stops!

Glad you had a great time.

JoEllen,

We did take the Alaska non-stop.
We actually booked it last April. It was great! 4 hrs and 45 mins down and about 6 hrs back. It was great to leave Seatac at 8:45 am instead of 6ish. And still get into MCO earlier than before as well.
It was great not to have to change planes, especially with an 8 month old.

We will be flying Alaska to Orlando for future vacations.

Sounds great! We can't wait to try it. Don't know why Alaska won't show movies on such a long flight, but we'll be bringing the dvd player along.

Looking forward to OKW and Vero in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter