Back from AKV Kidani (early) *Updated with Videos page 3*

Thanks for the reply. It just looks like it would fit on the opposite side of the bed by the window.
The sleeper chair is very heavy (just as sleeper sofas are much heavier than regular sofas). Also, it is wider than a standard arm chair. It would not fit between the bed and the window unless you also removed the night stand and lamp and even then I'm not sure it would fit. I wouldn't even think of doing that myself since moving such large and heavy furniture risks doing damage to the walls, carpets, doorways and the furniture itself. As an owner at AKV, I wouldn't do anything that could potentially damage the walls or furnishings in my "home".

If you are trying to avoid having someone sleep in the living area, why not bring along an aerobed and put it on the floor of the master bedroom?

Another question - dedicated vs lockoff

I have heard the dedicated 2nd bedroom does not have the kitchette, true? Also, does the 2nd bedroom have a DVD player? Outside of the 2 beds vs bed/sofa combo, I am trying to figure out the difference between a lockoff 2nd bedroom and dedicated.
There is no outside entrance in the second bedroom of the dedicated 2BR. The second BR of the dedicated has another closet instead of a kitchenette.

I also want to extend my sympathies regarding the lost of your grandfather. I am glad Jetblue, Disney and DVC worked with you to find acceptable solutions during such a stressful time.

I also want to add how appreciative I am of your photos. They are some of the best AKL interior and animal shots I have seen.

Thank you,

WOW WOW WOW WOW your pictures are gorgeous. I love your report. Now I wish we were staying longer in July. We are are there in July for our last two nights in a 2 br savanna view. I can't wait. This report me sooooo excited. I am sorry for your loss and I hope you get to go back soon.

Thanks for sharing. :goodvibes

I'm so very sorry to hear about your loss.

You did a fantastic job with your trip report! I can't tell you how much, even at my age (49), I LOVE slides!!!! Wait, did you say your Dad videod the slide there? I would LOVE to see that!! I am always the one, even more than my kids, that is going down the slide no matter where we stay. So it was so fun reading about this one.

I am so very sorry for your loss. I have lost 3 of my 4 grandparents, and, being very close to all of them, I know how hard it can be. Thank you so much for taking the time to take pictures and posting them. Be strong!

I am sorry for the loss of your grandfathers.:grouphug:

Your pictures are wonderful, thank you for sharing them.

Bobbi:goodvibes

So sorry for your loss.....and hope and pray your other grandfather can recover from his illness soon.

Thank you very much for posting your TR and photos. I enjoyed them very much.

Maria

I am so sorry for your loss - they must have been very special people in your life and I hope those memories give you and your family some comfort!!! :grouphug:

My sincere sympathy on the loss of your grandfather. I'm glad the airline and DVC were so helpful-it's one less thing to worry about during such a difficult time.
Thank you for posting your amazing pictures-they really were beautiful.

Thanks everyone for all your kind words. :goodvibes

I also have quite a few videos that my dad took. He did a video tour of the unit, took some videos of the animals from our deck, the pool slide, etc. But I have no idea how I would even get them on here. If anyone is willing to explain to me what I would need to do (since I'm an idiot when it comes to computers :rotfl:), I could probably post a few of those.

If anyone is willing to explain to me what I would need to do (since I'm an idiot when it comes to computers :rotfl:), I could probably post a few of those.

Sorry, I can be of no help here, I am a confirmed techno-phobe!

I'd like to add my condolences to the rest and I'm so happy the Disney, DVC, and Jet Blue treated your family with the consideration that they did.

I truly enjoyed your pictures and am so excited for our upcoming Kidani Stay!! :yay:

Kathy

Thank you for posting... and I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I certainly feel your pain, I lost my grandmother and mother in law within a week of eachother earlier this year. Hang in there. :hug:

Ok finally here are some videos. Sorry if the quality isn't that great on some of them!

Apparently my dad did two video tours of the room. I don't know if one is any better than the other. They're probably practically both the same. And again, these were taken after we had already made our mess!
Kidani 2 bedroom Room Tour1

Kidani 2 bedroom Room Tour2

This is a pretty pointless video of the pool since it looks like my dad didn't know how to operate the camera or something. But I figure it gives you an idea of what the pool area looks like.
Kidani Pool

Here is a video of how we enjoy the pool slide and finally my dad doing a virtual tour of the slide.
Kidani Pool Slide

We took tons of videos of the animals from our balcony and from the viewing deck off the lobby. Here are two videos taken from our balcony.
Kidani Animals1

Kidani Animals2

Enjoy! :)

I am so sorry for your loss. :hug:

Congratulations on your wedding.

Your pictures are awesome. I also just posted on another thread that I wish we were staying here the entire 7 nights and not splitting our stay (even though I also can't wait to try HH for the first time). I think we will be spending most of our 4/5 days at the resort this time around.

Thank you so much again for sharing and glad everything worked out in the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter