BACK AGAIN?? 10 NIGHTS SAPPHIRE FALLS.....MAY 18 TRIP REPORT

Can I hire you to follow me around in the parks and take pictures for me....?

You have a good eye with the camera, Tom also...

Lol......I have good rates for special friends.........:laughing:

Thank you........:wave2:

St. Augustine looks like such a nice town. Is it south of Orlando? I am looking at towns below Orlando to buy a condominium at some point. I would like to have a place for our retirement in the future. I am just starting to research areas.

I totally agree with you on FJ, best ride I have ever experienced. It is so immersive and the technology of screens and animatronics is amazing!

Great pictures as always, the Snow on the roofs and all the detail in Hogsmeade is so neat!

Oh, I almost forgot how much I want that Vodoo Doll donut again, so yummy!

St. Augustine looks like such a nice town. Is it south of Orlando? I am looking at towns below Orlando to buy a condominium at some point. I would like to have a place for our retirement in the future. I am just starting to research areas.

I totally agree with you on FJ, best ride I have ever experienced. It is so immersive and the technology of screens and animatronics is amazing!

Great pictures as always, the Snow on the roofs and all the detail in Hogsmeade is so neat!

Oh, I almost forgot how much I want that Vodoo Doll donut again, so yummy!

It`s North Orlando. About 2 hours away roughly.

Don't now how South you want to go, but Dunedin near Clearwater isn't very far away and beautiful. Right on the Gulf Coast and very old town America too. Such a pretty little place with a lovely quaint town. We almost bought a place there in 2008, but finally talked ourselves out of it.

I could eat a voodoo donut right now...….so hungry!!!

Thanks, glad you like the pictures, there really is an inordinate amount of detail in there...…..and yes, FJ is a classic!!!

Always love your trip reports. You take fantastic photos.

:welcome: along kbelle8995...……………

Thank you so much!!! I`m always glad to read folks like them, as I do ramble a bit :blush:...….and I`ll tell Tom as he takes most of the pics...…..:D

Hope you like the rest of it too...…..:wave2:

THURSDAY CONT...…….
This post is very brief as I have pictures someone asked to me to take, so it`s mostly them.

We left Potter area again and headed towards Mythos area and then on to Seuss. We have stopped eating in Mythos as it has become too much of a hit or miss place. When it`s good, it`s very good but when it`s bad they don't really come off well. So, for the next few years we will opt for somewhere else if we are eating in the park.

Poseidons Fury is still there. I`m quite sure it won`t be there forever, as it is such a huge building...….it is going to make something very spectacular in the future when they do a major facelift of this area...…..and it`s very photogenic although the actual walk through itself, we find incredibly dull and not worth doing. Of course, some like it, and the water vortex is quite cool.

i-GmBwKdL-XL.jpg

i-ZFRj3zC-XL.jpg

i-gRGLMdt-XL.jpg

Mythos is a very pretty place of course and very cold inside......I have never felt a restaurant as cold as that one......so much so I had to go outside to heat up one day.....yes, the lizard reputation was alive and well that day!!! I was shivering to be fair...….although Kyle often reminds us how we went in years ago after being on the water rides......he had been drenched and then Mythos. He ate quickly that day!!

i-z7SGQhj-XL.jpg

Seuss has got to be the most colourful place in the park. It`s a fun place to see and be in. But today we were just heading out of the park and didn't spend long at all.

i-XGVW6J2-XL.jpg

i-KPKqm7b-XL.jpg

i-WmxM8Dh-XL.jpg

I keep planning to have some cotton candy, or candy floss as we call it over here......but it is huge, and I`m never overly hungry whenever we are here......maybe I should just get it and just eat what I want of it...…...I love it!!!! And I`ve heard it`s very good for you...…..lol...….

@jnjusoioa Hope these pictures are ok.

i-STHnnH6-XL.jpg

i-krHBvzK-XL.jpg

i-jHNDbWf-XL.jpg

i-mpQSmJb-XL.jpg

i-n6hR3F9-XL.jpg

i-N4wVs9M-XL.jpg

i-rxs2RDC-XL.jpg

i-fVN78Dp-XL.jpg

i-Fp8nzPN-XL.jpg

i-HHsTkqK-XL.jpg

i-K642Fh9-XL.jpg

i-5QxL2z4-XL.jpg

i-b45hsn8-XL.jpg

i-W5c8hKp-XL.jpg

i-VBBNw5w-XL.jpg

i-SVdkDMj-XL.jpg

i-C9fz37M-XL.jpg

i-2njwjKn-XL.jpg

i-4hrcmRV-XL.jpg

i-Vf7KsFH-XL.jpg

i-Qk6M258-XL.jpg

i-s6pggBJ-XL.jpg

i-VB4kpZv-XL.jpg

i-ZfFHQWv-XL.jpg

i-9V5T9ks-XL.jpg

i-rmRZbBs-XL.jpg

i-F7H9k5m-XL.jpg

i-Q9JCKqR-XL.jpg

This is definitely a photo filled day rather than a day to describe what we did......as in the parks we really didn't do that much...…..but, we love wandering around and capturing certain things, and I think today was one of those days.

There are so many things to capture here in IOA...…..we just love this park. We truly did just amble around and take in the atmosphere and sounds all around us today.

i-Xkw6xrN-XL.jpg

I had noticed these tree creatures before, but today what caught our attention towards this area, was a couple had their little toddler up to the lion, and as she went close to tentatively touch it, the dad thought it was funny to roar......really loud...….the kid almost jumped three feet in the air and promptly began screaming her head off...….the momma wasn't happy with daddy at all!!!! We were trying not to laugh I have to say as the dad still thought it was so funny...…...so I went for a picture and Tom promised not to roar...….I`m so jumpy even a purr can make me run!!!

It is kinda creepy though...…..

i-wfhKdhm-XL.jpg

We go down to beside the lagoon and have 10 minutes down here just enjoying the heat and the sunshine, and there is very rarely anyone else down here.....sometimes you have to dodge a couple of smokers but not often. Looking over the lagoon you can see the Visitors centre for JP and there does seem to be a few people over there today. Usually you are on your own...…...it is a lovely little area though.

There used to be little boats on the lagoon many moons ago, long before my time when we started visiting...…..

i-ptW2sgb-XL.jpg

i-PPrmK4x-XL.jpg

i-nKst3n3-XL.jpg

One of our favourite places to eat in IOA is Confisco Grille...…...love it!!!! It is so missed by people at times. People walk on past and of course many have heard of Mythos so want to eat there, but this is a little gem of a place. Excellent menu and service is always friendly and prompt. We have never had anything less than perfect in here. And of course they have the Backwater Bar attached as an alternative, still serves food and you get some fabulous cocktails too.

i-tjmXZmv-XL.jpg

Croissant Moon Bakery is also attached to CG. It serves some breakfast sandwiches and has croissant sandwiches filled with things like turkey and beef all day. It comes with a rather tasty Potato Salad. They also serve an assortment of cakes and cheesecakes......and apparently the best pistachio muffin on earth...….haven't tried it myself, but the person who told us is an expert on them :duck:....so I take her word!!! It`s a good choice for a quick breakfast as you head into the park.

i-CZ8vjr4-XL.jpg

i-mkdtC9C-XL.jpg

I always say the heat doesn't affect us now, famous last words...…...we drank so much water today...….it was so humid. But, again, it definitely wasn't a complaint...….:rolleyes1 Deep down we are pale West of Scotland folks who don't usually take the sun.........but, we love the heat. I should point out, the bottles of water we had we had purchased from the place that sells gyros and kabobs just beside the Talking Fountain. Water is usually $3 a bottle, I believe these were either $4.50 or $5 a bottle. Tom handed over 10 bucks and he either got no change or a dollar. We would have paid triple as we were so thirsty, but if you`re not expecting it and have a family you are buying for it`s a lot.

But, a little sit down was welcome right now. And if truth be told, I was getting hungry...…...not like me I know...…:rotfl:

i-mBxVQQq-XL.jpg

Love Port of Entry...…..love everything about it and how it all melds together. The sounds are lovely, and the music they play is captivating.

i-ZhVrv5b-XL.jpg

The Christmas Store is one of my favourites……..the aroma as you enter is pure festive season!!! We are huge Christmas fans, and love our home and outside areas decorated like it belongs to Father Christmas......so this store is one we can peruse at leisure and spend a lot of money in!!! Or so I`m told.....:laughing: They have a decent selection of decorations and baubles, not just Universal themed baubles, but a real assortment. And many can be personalized too.

i-CSgrw95-XL.jpg

You really are knocked away by the scent and of course the ever present festive music takes you straight to that special time of year. I couldn't imagine working there if you didn't truly love Christmas...…..

i-ktCfxnL-XL.jpg

i-5VT53rc-XL.jpg

Even as you head out of the parks the buildings are still as ornate and colourful as if you were in some faraway land...…..the buildings house bathrooms, stroller rental and lockers...….but look elaborate.

i-n7G7WvT-XL.jpg

I love this building. Perfect little vacation getaway below...…….

i-T77f6FL-XL.jpg

i-XK9QVkx-XL.jpg

i-XTDzTkf-XL.jpg

i-FZdRKPQ-XL.jpg

i-x7PPp4J-XL.jpg

i-WHNCp9w-XL.jpg

It looks so quiet today over by Toothsome. Usually there are a load of people mingling about and sometimes enjoying milkshakes that are quite huge......but, not today. Night times it is incredibly busy and a very lively place. Again well worth a visit...…...

i-Tdk3DXg-XL.jpg

This is one of our favourite views in Citywalk……..as you are on the bridge and looking towards the RP security check...….it`s so beautiful...….and always nice to see the boats go backwards and forwards.

i-Rf8qJvc-XL.jpg

i-hLDvf8K-XL.jpg

We head down on to the path and we again take some pictures as the day has turned out so beautiful...…..

i-2p44QNk-XL.jpg

Then we realise we are on the walking path to RP :laughing::crazy: I suppose after 10 years it`s become quite the habit to just turn right as you hit Margaritaville...…...

We don't plan to walk to Sapphire Falls as it does seem a little bit of a longer way away, but walking back to the boats would be a similar distance...….we decide to go back and get the boat and stop in at Margaritaville for a tee shirt we promised a friend...…..so problem solved.....we were going back the way anyway...…..:rolleyes1 That was our excuse and we are sticking to it.

I don't think the walk to Sapphire is that bad, it`s not a huge distance on from RP...….but today we just wanted to get home...…..

So into the store, got the tee shirt and luckily just made a boat before it left...……

We would head up to shower and change before heading to Celebration for lunch, and hopefully before the promised rain came on.

Love the pics :thumbsup2

You always manage to capture something that I've never noticed before...the creepy lion :scared1: I probably would have laughed with the dad too cause I have a warped sense of humor :laughing:

Thanks for keeping me entertained on my day off.

Love the pics :thumbsup2

You always manage to capture something that I've never noticed before...the creepy lion :scared1: I probably would have laughed with the dad too cause I have a warped sense of humor :laughing:

Thanks for keeping me entertained on my day off.

lol...….we were trying so hard not to laugh but it was incredibly funny!!!! Yes, love a weird sense of humour……..

There`s a couple of those types of tree things down there...….all slighty icky to look at!!

But, I guess that kid won`t ever go near them again...…:lmao:

I love your story about the library. Made me miss it and I've never even been to it!
Also, the story of the dad roaring at the little girl reminded me of something I did to Davy -- we were at a dinosaur exhibit. He was about 3 or 4 I think. At first he loved it, then he was looking at a T-Rex, and you could push a button to make it roar, so I did it right as he was up close and studying it. That kid jumped back SO FAR -- it reminded me of the scene from Jurassic Park when the kid gets thrown off the electric fence. He yelled, "let's get out of here!" My mom was with us and we still chuckle over that. I told Davy that story when he was older (he didn't remember it) -- he really loved it and has paid me back many times over for it!

Hi Carole, thank you so much for the Seuss merchandise photos, I love them all and you did such a great job for me. Love the Grinch, wondering if they will have anything new coming out towards the Christmas season with the new movie coming out. Thank you again so very much, you really made my day. As always your trip reports are so great too, love reading about all your adventures.

She. You are between trip reports, you should post pictures of your ChristmasLand at home!

I was looking for trip reports that describe longer stays at Universal and RPR, and of course I found yours. I've loved the details, the stories, and the photos (okay, I skip the HHN parts because I'm a wimp when it comes to horror). I enjoy reading about people in my age range who also still like the coasters and other rides like FJ (which is the best ride in the world, and I am not a HP fanatic like my kids). I'm inspired to try multiple rides in a row on my favorites on our July trip. We're also spoiled when it comes to staying onsite with the hotel express pass, but on this trip we won't be trying to pack everything into just 2 or 3 days.

I have a question, since you mentioned Confisco Grille and the attached bakery. I'm trying to pick a sit-down restaurant or two for a birthday meal, and the CG menu sounds like it has plenty for all members of my family, including a picky teenager. But, I can't find a dessert menu online. Can you order chocolate cake or cheesecake in the restaurant? And is that chocolate cake that I read about in an earlier report still available at RPR?

I love your story about the library. Made me miss it and I've never even been to it!
Also, the story of the dad roaring at the little girl reminded me of something I did to Davy -- we were at a dinosaur exhibit. He was about 3 or 4 I think. At first he loved it, then he was looking at a T-Rex, and you could push a button to make it roar, so I did it right as he was up close and studying it. That kid jumped back SO FAR -- it reminded me of the scene from Jurassic Park when the kid gets thrown off the electric fence. He yelled, "let's get out of here!" My mom was with us and we still chuckle over that. I told Davy that story when he was older (he didn't remember it) -- he really loved it and has paid me back many times over for it!

lol.....oh I can imagine giving him a scare like that.....and I`m sure he still loves returning the compliment...….:rotfl:

Oh I know it sounds daft, but I adored that library. And it was a time when you could go to places on your own without parental supervision, the library allowed that back then.........so I could just walk there from quite a young age, maybe around 6 or 7 and peruse the books. The chief librarian was my mum`s friend, and still is actually......so she looked out for me. I can`t imagine now letting a child as young walk across main roads (with crossings) and traffic, although I suppose the early 70`s in a small town here wouldn't have had as much traffic as now. But, I have so many lovely memories of it. I wasn't quite Matilda......lol.....but not far from it......it`s a shame we have to lose such beautiful buildings.

Hi Carole, thank you so much for the Seuss merchandise photos, I love them all and you did such a great job for me. Love the Grinch, wondering if they will have anything new coming out towards the Christmas season with the new movie coming out. Thank you again so very much, you really made my day. As always your trip reports are so great too, love reading about all your adventures.

You are very welcome...….:thumbsup2

I`m so glad you like them...….the woman in the store asked if I worked for a publication of some kind.....lol......I just wandered around snapping pictures of anything that looked good...……

And glad you`re enjoying reading too.....nice to hear...….:wave2:

She. You are between trip reports, you should post pictures of your ChristmasLand at home!

Well, they do keep me a little busy at the moment...….and I never post pictures of our home, inside or out online...…

My CID nephew would never let me forget it if we got burgled!!

Last edited:
I was looking for trip reports that describe longer stays at Universal and RPR, and of course I found yours. I've loved the details, the stories, and the photos (okay, I skip the HHN parts because I'm a wimp when it comes to horror). I enjoy reading about people in my age range who also still like the coasters and other rides like FJ (which is the best ride in the world, and I am not a HP fanatic like my kids). I'm inspired to try multiple rides in a row on my favorites on our July trip. We're also spoiled when it comes to staying onsite with the hotel express pass, but on this trip we won't be trying to pack everything into just 2 or 3 days.

I have a question, since you mentioned Confisco Grille and the attached bakery. I'm trying to pick a sit-down restaurant or two for a birthday meal, and the CG menu sounds like it has plenty for all members of my family, including a picky teenager. But, I can't find a dessert menu online. Can you order chocolate cake or cheesecake in the restaurant? And is that chocolate cake that I read about in an earlier report still available at RPR?

I did smile at you avoiding HHN.....lol......I know, it`s not for everyone...….but so much fun!!!

We do love the rides, all of them and that's why we miss Duelling Dragons so much....it was amazing!!! But, again, big rides are not for everyone......and yes with EP you can try as many times as you like......FJ on a loop if you don't get dizzy would be amazing!!!!

The dessert menu at CG is now the little pots of dessert...….not great. But, we`ve never asked for those desserts after lunch, so I`m not sure they do that.....

Do you mean the birthday cake? If so, yes, its part of the birthday amenity package available to order. But, I do remember someone on here ordered it on it`s own.....I can`t remember who it was but they could order it as a stand alone item.

The link to order and call for info on this is in the first page of the RP sticky :thumbsup2 It was delicious!!!

And Thank you!! I appreciate the lovely comments, and glad you are enjoying it...….:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter