Babies at Yachtsman?

MycatlovesEeyore

Two WDW fanatics are now a family of 4 with a litt
On our May trip we will be meeting some friends of ours from the Orlando area at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We will have our 7 month old DD and our friends will havr their 4 month old DS. Will we be able to handle both children at the Yachtsman? How receptive will the staff be to two infants? We have never been here with children before.

Thanks

If your children are generally good natured you should be ok. If they are fussy babies, then this might not be a good idea.

I look at it this way...I have a niece who is a very good baby, even when she's hungry she is very quiet about letting her mom know. I have another neice who is a screamer. She cries and fusses and is very difficult to keep happy and quiet. The first baby I'd have no problem taking. The second, no way. I wouldn't want to cause a disturbance that would upset other diners.

The sound of a crying baby is like nails on a chalkboard to me, and I'm sure MANY other people, and I would never be so rude so as to subject people to that, especially at an upscale restaurant.

Anne

One great thing about WDW is you can take your kids to any restaurant (except V&A) without anyone giving you a second look. Follow the standard proceedures of taking a walk if baby gets cranky and enjoy yourself!

I wouldn't be too concered about it. I understand a baby's cranky behavior (especially that young) and can tolerate it more than the loud, obnoxious, drunken birthday party we were seated next to the last time I ate there. And as for being a grown up restaurant - our waiter actually encouraged my younger brother to continue playing with his dessert and they both were singing disney tunes.

I think this will follow with the others advice, which is all good. What type of atmosphere would you expect at the YSH if you were without infants? I guess it gets to do unto others. I know at the prices at YSH if your infants spoiled my dinner I'd be upset. I'm sure you would be the same on an adults night out.

Originally posted by MycatlovesEeyore
On our May trip we will be meeting some friends of ours from the Orlando area at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We will have our 7 month old DD and our friends will havr their 4 month old DS. Will we be able to handle both children at the Yachtsman? How receptive will the staff be to two infants? We have never been here with children before. Thanks

Hey it's Disney, without Babies, there would be no future guests! But, if you are overly concerned I suggest this.
Make your PS for early in the evening. YSH opens at 5:30pm and the real rush is usually between 7pm and 8pm.
If you PS early, request a table in the back corner, back by the fireplace. It's more secluded, out of the way, and most guests who arrive early like to request tables by the windows or in the rotunda. This way you should be in an area pretty much by yourselfs. You can enjoy the food and not have to worry about the kids possibly upsetting another guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter