BA In Flight Entertainment

kristieuk

DIS Veteran
I may have missed this before, but it was a great surprise on our outbound and inbound 777 flight from Tampa (arrived in today) that BA now have an on-demand type in flight entertainment system. This means you could watch any film at any time, pause, rewind etc, and the choice was phenomenal - maybe 40 or more films to choose from, sorted by new releases, recent releases and classics. There were also many complete CD's by genre, and children's channels aside from the films.

I hadn't seen this advertised on the BA website beforehand, and when I checked the films before we flew, it only had the usual 10 or so listed online. I just thought I would let anyone flying with BA soon that it was a fanastic system. I don't know whether this on all long haul flights or not though. BA have had a lot of stick for a long time, but this was a definite thumbs up!

I think it's standard on most BA routes now in all classes and it's the one thing that is tempting me away from Virgin for the future. DTD check-in still just edges it where Orlando is concerned but I think BA will be top choice for the future - although Dad prefers Virgin PE to BA WT+. :guilty:

Cool, we have booked BA flights for next August just to compare them to Virgin.

We have been loyal Virgin customers for a number of years now but last couple of flights have not been very good. This year the entertainment system went down, air con leaking over passengers, delay to technical problems and no childs meal for neice.

Thanks for letting us know. We are travelling with BA for the first time in July - we have gone with virgin the last few trips.

Have been considering Continental with a stop over in NY. Has anyone done this? Would you recommend it?

Yes we had that on our trip this past aug/sep and it was great I managed to watch three films and some TV shows. We did not have this when we flew to the middle east last year but it was a nice surprise.
The great function to pause and rewind means that when they serve food/drinks or have to answer the call of nature you won't miss your film.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter