AVIS Budget group cancellation policy

biochemgirl

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to be prepared for last minute flight changes/cancellations for my holiday trip. I'd like to go with a car rental that is the most flexible with short notice cancellation. Here's what the AVIS Budget group has on their individual sites in regards to pay later reservations:

"Did you make a reservation without providing credit card information? If you make a reservation without a credit card and you no longer need to rent, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible before your scheduled pick-up time."

Can anyone confirm that this means I can cancel the day of without penalty?

Thanks for your help :)

AFAIK rental car reservations disappear at 12:01 am if you don't pick up a car, assuming you did not use a card to pre pay. I am using AVIS next week and opted to pay in advance (first time in 40 years) to ensure a car. Cars are scarce and I have to guess they are trying to get people to release a car they will not ultimately pick up so others can have access to that car.

If you didn't use a card to reserve, there is no obligation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter