• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Avengers: Infinity War - Discussion (*** CONTAINS SPOILERS***)

Just got back really enjoyed it. Don’t care to read or watch any YouTube videos on fan theories just bring on the next movie. Much rather just watch it without all that baggage that stuff seems to bring.

-Dr Strange knew what he was doing giving up the Time Stone; the only way to defeat Thanos would be to allow him to get what he wants, only to discover it isn't what he actually wants!

That is my personal theory. Thanos will see that his 'saving the universe' will not be the positive action he expected. Just think of all the planets where people disintegrated with no explanation. There could be mass suicides, destructive cults created, wars breaking out as enemies blamed each other for the deaths... the potential for havoc is massive. At least when Thanos showed up personally they knew who and what was killing people.

As far as the movie deaths go, I think there is a good chance that he will turn things back all the way to killing Gamora to get the Soul Stone. He will realize his mistake in killing the one person he seemed to have sincere feelings for. Pre-Soul Stone, I think Loki will be back. He is, after all, the trickster god and has faked his death before.

I feel like I either was too good at guessing what would happen here or my cold medicine made me too aware. I did not read any reviews of the movie beforehand and I did not watch too many of the trailers. I was very excited to see this movie, but I felt underwhelmed. There are as really no real wow factor for me. I laughed quite a bit, but I never even teared up, and I cry at most of these, or had a big wow during the film.

I was surprised by the disappearances after the snap, but as people have already mentioned, many of those individuals have already been mentioned in the future of MCU. So when they started disappearing all I thought was how will they bring them back.

To me the movie was good, but more just a setup for the next. Maybe once I see it again, I will have more excitement.

We just got home from seeing it and WOW! Still coming down, lol. I really loved the pop culture references- apparently even
a Doctor Who line as one of the characters faded, since he just can’t help himself...

I wasn’t sure how far we were going with spoilers. I still feel awkward naming specific characters, even in this spoiler thread!

Crazy hypothesis: are we seeing Bruce/Hulk changing? Is Grey Hulk going to make an appearance with Bruce and Hulk actually communicating with each other?

We just got home from seeing it and WOW! Still coming down, lol. I really loved the pop culture references- apparently even
a Doctor Who line as one of the characters faded, since he just can’t help himself...

I wasn’t sure how far we were going with spoilers. I still feel awkward naming specific characters, even in this spoiler thread!

I started this thread with the idea that people can share full on spoilers so if you want to name specific characters please feel free!

In my mind this is the greatest movie ever made. I saw it opening night at the local VIP theatre. What an incredible Cinematic Event! The theatre was dead silent the last 30 mins. After the movie ended no one left their seats, no one spoke, everyone was sitting in silence trying to process the incredible journey they had just been on.

After the after credit scene rolled my friend and I turned to each other and be both said "WOW".

I went again on Saturday with DW. She enjoys these movies, but is not "into" them on the same level as me. I'm a comic book geek from my childhood. So her thoughts more so represent the average person. As we walked out of the theatre I asked what she thought. Her response " that is the best movie I've ever seen"

What an amazing accomplishment this film was. You can't just make a movie like this. It truly was 10 years and 18 prequels in the making. This movie is simply on a whole different level than anything else made before it.

My one and only critic of this movie is they have now set the bar so high I'm not sure how they can equal that level again?

I saw it Sunday. It was a really good movie. When I heard it was long, I groaned. But it was so well paced I didn't even noticed. Loved when Dr. Strange was with Stark and Spiderman and when they joined up with the Guardians. Everyone was given a moment to shine. The ending would have been really depressing though if I didn't know there was whole slate of Sequels coming.

Now they have to payoff this. Which might be more difficult. I would like to see more Cap but I always want to see more Cap. And I think this will happen in the next movie

Last edited:
That is my personal theory. Thanos will see that his 'saving the universe' will not be the positive action he expected. Just think of all the planets where people disintegrated with no explanation. There could be mass suicides, destructive cults created, wars breaking out as enemies blamed each other for the deaths... the potential for havoc is massive. At least when Thanos showed up personally they knew who and what was killing people.

As far as the movie deaths go, I think there is a good chance that he will turn things back all the way to killing Gamora to get the Soul Stone. He will realize his mistake in killing the one person he seemed to have sincere feelings for. Pre-Soul Stone, I think Loki will be back. He is, after all, the trickster god and has faked his death before.

Loki I'm sure will be back but I don't think we'll see him in A4,. I think he'll just pop up out of nowhere sometime in a future movie.

In my mind this is the greatest movie ever made.

While I am not sure I am ready to go that far(until I see the movie again.... and maybe again), I do think this is a modern masterpeice. When you get hyped up for a big movie THIS is the kinda payoff that you are hoping for but rarely ever get. I've heard it compared to Empire Strikes Back and that is probably as apt a comparison as you can get. It was clearly the best of the Marvel movies and the culmination of a decade of story telling but would have expected such a total victory from Thanos?

To be fair they will obviously reverse course somehow(Time Stone likely), but I would think they will be forced to go back only so far probably not far back enough to save Vision, Loki or Heimdall. I expect the ones who bit the dust(teehee) will be safe, including Gamora. While those left behind will be on the chopping block.

Really great movie.

In my mind this is the greatest movie ever made. I saw it opening night at the local VIP theatre. What an incredible Cinematic Event! The theatre was dead silent the last 30 mins. After the movie ended no one left their seats, no one spoke, everyone was sitting in silence trying to process the incredible journey they had just been on.

After the after credit scene rolled my friend and I turned to each other and be both said "WOW".

I went again on Saturday with DW. She enjoys these movies, but is not "into" them on the same level as me. I'm a comic book geek from my childhood. So her thoughts more so represent the average person. As we walked out of the theatre I asked what she thought. Her response " that is the best movie I've ever seen"

What an amazing accomplishment this film was. You can't just make a movie like this. It truly was 10 years and 18 prequels in the making. This movie is simply on a whole different level than anything else made before it.

My one and only critic of this movie is they have now set the bar so high I'm not sure how they can equal that level again?

While I am not sure I am ready to go that far(until I see the movie again.... and maybe again), I do think this is a modern masterpeice. When you get hyped up for a big movie THIS is the kinda payoff that you are hoping for but rarely ever get. I've heard it compared to Empire Strikes Back and that is probably as apt a comparison as you can get. It was clearly the best of the Marvel movies and the culmination of a decade of story telling but would have expected such a total victory from Thanos?

To be fair they will obviously reverse course somehow(Time Stone likely), but I would think they will be forced to go back only so far probably not far back enough to save Vision, Loki or Heimdall. I expect the ones who bit the dust(teehee) will be safe, including Gamora. While those left behind will be on the chopping block.

Really great movie.

Definitely a bit of hyperbole but it was incredibly well made. I really thought the balance between the different stories was well done and not very choppy, unlike age of ultron which I thought was a bit of a mess

Just based on the announced future movie schedule, the next movie will have to reset a lot of those deaths.

Ya because of those leaks of future movies I think the ending was less of an impact for me. Other then that I thought it was a great movie if you include the build up of the previous 17 movies (not counting Hulk). Even someone who hasn't watched all 17, just with the key 8 (A1, A2, GotG2, CW, BP, SM, DrS, Rag in that order IMO) you are good to go for this movie.

Heading into the movie Thursday night with my girlfriend we both were speculating on what we thought was going to happen. We both predicted (like everyone else) that either Tony or Steve was going to die and that I would be only truly surprised if T'Challa or Peter Parker died, haha. Truly surprising ending. Very bold move by Disney/Marvel.

As much as I want the characters who died via the snap to come back, does anyone else think bringing them all back to life via time travel is a bit straightforward? With all the misdirects and twists in these movies (especially with the Russo bros. directing) there has to be something else they are doing. EDIT: also saving dead superheroes via time travel has already been done with X-Men: Days of Future Past.

It would be another bold move by Disney/Marvel to keep at least some of the characters dead as a big movie like this should have consequences on the bigger universe. Kevin Feige has kept on saying that the events in both Avengers movies are going to change the future of the MCU forever... bringing them all back would just have everything back to normal at the end of Avengers 4.

Heading into the movie Thursday night with my girlfriend we both were speculating on what we thought was going to happen. We both predicted (like everyone else) that either Tony or Steve was going to die and that I would be only truly surprised if T'Challa or Peter Parker died, haha. Truly surprising ending. Very bold move by Disney/Marvel.

As much as I want the characters who died via the snap to come back, does anyone else think bringing them all back to life via time travel is a bit straightforward? With all the misdirects and twists in these movies (especially with the Russo bros. directing) there has to be something else they are doing. EDIT: also saving dead superheroes via time travel has already been done with X-Men: Days of Future Past.

It would be another bold move by Disney/Marvel to keep at least some of the characters dead as a big movie like this should have consequences on the bigger universe. Kevin Feige has kept on saying that the events in both Avengers movies are going to change the future of the MCU forever... bringing them all back would just have everything back to normal at the end of Avengers 4.

They will come back but not with time travel. Will probably involve one of the heroes having to use the gauntlet and having to pay a price to make it work.

I don't think it will be time travel.

It will have something to do with the Gauntlet itself. It's been years since I read the original comics, but if memory serves me correctly after Thanos gets everything he wants it's not as satisfying as he hoped. He loses his sense of purpose and kind of goes crazy. Before he kills himself and gives up the Gauntlet he reverses the universe wide genocide he did.

It could be this or somehow the heroes get the Gauntlet off him and one of them try's to use it. Of course normal humans would be consumed by the Gauntlet so someone might die trying.

I don't think it will be time travel.

It will have something to do with the Gauntlet itself. It's been years since I read the original comics, but if memory serves me correctly after Thanos gets everything he wants it's not as satisfying as he hoped. He loses his sense of purpose and kind of goes crazy. Before he kills himself and gives up the Gauntlet he reverses the universe wide genocide he did.

It could be this or somehow the heroes get the Gauntlet off him and one of them try's to use it. Of course normal humans would be consumed by the Gauntlet so someone might die trying.

I think it will definitely be one of the heroes. I don't think it is a coincidence we saw the mold for the gauntlert.

I think it will definitely be one of the heroes. I don't think it is a coincidence we saw the mold for the gauntlert.
Then to play that scenario out...will it be Thor?

He knows who made the gauntlet, and lets face it, IF Loki and all the Asgardians are gone and not effected by the "return" what does he really have to live for?? He has claimed Earth for his protection, would that not fit?

It would also allow them to go to one of the other stories on Thor and reboot the actor - do Beta Ray Bill or the female Thor for a few movies....

just spit balling here....

I still think the key is we are basically back to the original Avengers. So there has to be some tie in with Hawk Eye or pull in as well

This. The Gauntlet’s broke and it’s no coincidence that Thor and Rocket survived. Both of whom know there’s a mold for the Gauntlet and also Nebula who played an important part in the original comic storyline.

I think them going back to the Battle of New York is Tony using his B.A.R.F technology from Civil War to see what they missed the first time Thanos attacked them tbh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter