You keep emphasizing this, but all that means is that it's way cheaper to stop by AK or HS for a few attractions than it is to go to Sea World or Universal if you already have tickets to Disney's parks. If they had to stand on their own without admission to MK & Epcot I don't believe these two parks would fare very well.
That's a very big what if. MK and Epcot are flagship parks and I don't think HS or AK would have even been a thought if neither of the previous park were a success. MK is going to be 50 in a few years, Epcot is over 30, DHS turns 25 this year and AK is 16 this year. Obviously something is happening in the right direction if all four parks are doing much better than sea world and universal. No one has done a park like AK it's detail and immersive animal theming is why I never skip it when I go. And if and that's a big if DHS and AK were on their own I'm sure Disney would have much more in these parks than is already there.

An interesting point. I don't know where they would be on the list if not at Disney. Would they be a number of spots lower or with Baseball World and Circus World? But I think with the expansions of Pandora at AK and Star Wars at HS both will take off. In fact, such a one-two punch should have Uni and SeaW worried. I went to both Uni and SeaW this last time. If I go back and there is Pandora at AK and a whole Star Wars Land at HS, I'll stay for 7 to 10 days and never go off property. HP or no HP. My only point is that people call it terrible or a failure, but most other theme park companies dream of something this "bad." Regarding nature: If Disney would expand properly and advertise right, I think AK is the theme park for people who don't like theme parks.
I couldn't agree more!

No matter what they do, they need to add attractions to AK....this past week down there for New Years, the crowds at all other parks were out of control even to the point of turning people away due to closing...AK was not nearly full....the draw just isn't there for most people as it stands now....
Adding attractions is just going to keep the crowds coming in a business stand point that's great, but if your implying that you want less crowds then adding more attractions will only increase crowds.

I love Animal Kingdom and find it to be the most beautiful and immersive theme park in the world. Turning it into a night-time park will open the flood-gates and finally place this park in the elite tier of being a stand-alone park that many people will come to WDW expressly *for*.

For anyone that has had the pleasure of being at AK at night...you know how unbelievably great it is! And Expedition Everest in the dark is not to be missed!

You forgot
#4. Make excuses and sell propaganda about how "much they're spending" and never consider that they are not providing adequate reinvestment to justify pricing to the consumer...at least not enough to convince anyone with objectivity.

I do see your side of the "argument"...but don't forget that there are two legitimate sides to this discussion...both are most definitely valid.

I think a lot of the problem is they are spending all the money out in CA and now at WDW. Disneyland definitely gets a lot more love an care from upper management than WDW does.

here's how it works on this board.

1. Whine and complain that disney isn't spending enough on the parks
2. As soon as disney spends money on the parks whine and complain that it's all a terrible idea.
3. Repeat 1&2 to infinity and beyond.

4. .........
5. Profit!

;)

I love Animal Kingdom and find it to be the most beautiful and immersive theme park in the world. Turning it into a night-time park will open the flood-gates and finally place this park in the elite tier of being a stand-alone park that many people will come to WDW expressly *for*.

For anyone that has had the pleasure of being at AK at night...you know how unbelievably great it is! And Expedition Everest in the dark is not to be missed!

And maybe we will be able to "drink around the tree of life". Hopefully they will develop some restaraunt changes to accommodate the night life. What a great place to re open the adventurers club. put it in place of rainforest cafe.

And maybe we will be able to "drink around the tree of life". Hopefully they will develop some restaraunt changes to accommodate the night life. What a great place to re open the adventurers club. put it in place of rainforest cafe.

Great idea...AK has huge, as-yet-unexplored potential.

I've never even seen Avatar but I'm still super excited for Avatarland. Any kind of expansion is welcome in my book. Here's hoping for more to come at Epcot and HS.

Obviously something is happening in the right rection if all four parks are doing much better than sea world and universal.

Yes, it's called free dining and endless room discounts. That's the only thing that is keeping the WDW sales numbers where they are in this economy. People aren't coming to experience new attractions, because they're aren't any. All Disney is offering is an overhyped "expansion" (Fantasyland) or superficial refurbs (Tron -- oops, I mean Test Track).

And what you conveniently fail to mention is the growing "pilferage" of guest spending that Disney is encountering due to the lack of new attractions: people who arrive at WDW for a property stay but then "play hooky" :tiptoe:for a day or more to go to Universal to do HP :wizard:. A Mears shuttle picked us up at AKL back in November to do just that and it was packed. I spoke with the driver :drive:and he said that line of business has been growing by leaps and bounds ever since HP opened.

Yes, it's called free dining and endless room discounts. That's the only thing that is keeping the WDW sales numbers where they are in this economy. People aren't coming to experience new attractions, because they're aren't any. All Disney is offering is an overhyped "expansion" (Fantasyland) or superficial refurbs (Tron -- oops, I mean Test Track).

And what you conveniently fail to mention is the growing "pilferage" of guest spending that Disney is encountering due to the lack of new attractions: people who arrive at WDW for a property stay but then "play hooky" :tiptoe:for a day or more to go to Universal to do HP :wizard:. A Mears shuttle picked us up at AKL back in November to do just that and it was packed. I spoke with the driver :drive:and he said that line of business has been growing by leaps and bounds ever since HP opened.

There is some merit to this...
Though I still think there's too much fanboy/geek love for the universal impact at wdw.

They were so far behind that they still haven't made that impressive of a dent... We'll see
Going forward.

But the "pilferage" never ever used to apply to me...but we're "leaking" to Legoland and possibly sea world next trip.

There's only so much saturation of the same stuff you can tolerate. And granted I'm over exposed...but far more loyal (believe it or not)
My estimate is that it's a wash.

This talk of "temporary" extended fast pass lines is beyond ridiculous as well...
If people are still "catching on" and that is why there's an uptick in lines...then that's BAD news.

Because they have no way to stop it at all... The beast is alive and is tearing up the lab.

They can't divert Crowds because there's nothing to divert them too...and now if people bother to pre-book everything...as opposed to taking their chances walking to the machines while they're already in casual vacation mode... Then alert Houston.

I'm thinking this system may have been meant for after "several" significant upgrades... Avatar, Disney springs, and perhaps more...

"But Disney couldn't miscalculate that with all the smart people they have working for them?!?"

Yeah...I got some "special" beans to sell you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter