Autographs & Green Sharpie

OHDisneyMom

Mouseketeer
I read that green markers cannot be used for autographs because that color won't come out of costumes. Is it all shades of green? DS picked out a lime green sharpie and I am wondering if we should leave it at home. Thanks!

I read that green markers cannot be used for autographs because that color won't come out of costumes. Is it all shades of green? DS picked out a lime green sharpie and I am wondering if we should leave it at home. Thanks!

I've never heard of this, and have autographs in green ink.

Me either. I took about every color of the rainbow last year and no one said anything.

I have read that if you offer a selection of sharpies to a character they may not pick a green one since its more difficult to remove any marks that get on the costume.

I have never heard that they would refuse a green one though.

LOL - this is funny. I've heard this before so I asked the cast that actually clean the marker, they looked at me like I had 3 heads. All sharpie marker is hard to remove, green is not anymore difficult than any other color. However, some CMs have been known to request Guest to provide a non-Green marker... but it's so few and far between I wouldn't worry about it.

A few years ago Handy Manny's handler wouldn't let us use a green sharpie and asked for a different color. We've used green many times before that and no one has said anything, so it probably depends on the CM working (or if they even notice it).

We have used tons of Sharpies for autographs. Only once were we told we couldn't use green. I guess it depends who the CM is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter