Aulani Villas & Views -- REVISED 07/22/2017

2 Bedroom Villa in the Ewa Tower. The view to the left is of the mountains which we found very peaceful and quiet. We spent so much time at the beach and pool that it was nice to see something different.

Thanks for posting your photos! I've added your villa to the list in Post #1 of this thread.

Was the courtyard that was shown in one of your photos ever used for anything while you were there?

Which category is 551?

According to my chart, Aulani #551 is a Standard View Two-bedroom dedicated villa.

wdrl said:
Thanks for posting your photos! I've added your villa to the list in Post #1 of this thread.

Was the courtyard that was shown in one of your photos ever used for anything while you were there?

According to my chart, Aulani #551 is a Standard View Two-bedroom dedicated villa.

I never saw the courtyard being used but imagine that it is used for conferences. The building adjacent to the courtyard had a digital screen that i imagine is used to announce meetings and such. It was always very quiet:)

Finally found your thread. We were in room 913 in phase 2 building. The view was considered ocean view.

2022872250041821303S500x500Q85.jpg

It might have had an sunset view but we were never in the room so, I don't know for 100% sure.

The room was noisy at night. We like to sleep with the slider open so we can get fresh air but it was too noisy. The hotel next door had all kinds of deliveries and the trucks backing up and the beeping sound would start. One night I heard a dog barking. Anyways, I'm not sure I'd pick an ocean view again and risk getting this view again. I might be happier with a pool view. The resort is actually set back from the ocean/beach quite a bit. I did trade in at 7 months so, I was still happy we got this room.

Here are some more pictures:

Since we were in a corner the balcony was smallish:

2971292060041821303S500x500Q85.jpg

Looking down at the spa:

2613283470041821303S500x500Q85.jpg

The rest of my pictures are here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/583162331pfYVaU

We were in a dedicated 2BR, 1008, ocean view. Loved the view. Totally worth the points IMHO!
IMG_3201.jpg
IMG_3202.jpg

Looking to book this upcoming Monday for March 2013. Would love to get an ocean view like this.

What would be the best way to put in a request for something similar? Ask for something in the Waianae Building, even numbered room?

Trying to get a sense of what the ocean view rooms will look like for the Phase 3 building.

I get a sense of what the rooms facing the pool area will have as a view. One thing I can't tell is what some of the ocean view rooms will face in:

The Phase 3 building, short wing (facing the ocean) - specifically what is next to the buildling on the East side?
The Phase 3 building, long wing (facing AWAY from the pool) - there looks to be a handful of ocean view rooms. I assume they would be closest to the beach...?

So on the east side of Aulani, what is the view like towards the ocean?

Trying to get a sense of what the ocean view rooms will look like for the Phase 3 building.

I get a sense of what the rooms facing the pool area will have as a view. One thing I can't tell is what some of the ocean view rooms will face in:

The Phase 3 building, short wing (facing the ocean) - specifically what is next to the buildling on the East side?
The Phase 3 building, long wing (facing AWAY from the pool) - there looks to be a handful of ocean view rooms. I assume they would be closest to the beach...?

I'll be at Aulani in mid-September. I've added your questions to my list and I'll post back. Hopefully, someone will answer your questions before then.

To the East of Aulani currently is an empty lot, waiting to be sold by the developers of the Ko'olina resort. At the moment, you will have a view of a dirt patch if you look down, if you look forward it will be an uninterrupted ocean view. (I think you can see this by looking at Google Earth, just type in Aulani's address and click and drag.)
Once that property gets sold and developed, it may end up being similar to the Ocean Views on the West side and have a hotel in the way, just like the Ihilani is. It really will depend on what whoever develops it decides to build. This may also take some time, as similarly to the Kaanapali area on Maui took about 20 years to sell all the lots to various hoteliers, much of the Ko'olina properties have been up for sale for awhile and not a tremendous deal of developing of more hospitality structures in Hawaii has been happening lately, and what there has been is all timeshare for the last several years.

We were there mid July I'm finally getting to post our view photo. We had a 2BR dedicated (Room 808) and a studio 804. Both were classified as Ocean View.

Here is a view toward the ocean from Rm 808 in the late afternoon:
_DSC1081edit.jpg

Here is a panorama that I did of the view from the living room of 808 late afternoon:

Panoramic_Room_View_Rm808.jpg

Here is view from Rm 804 in the morning:
JMichna_101_9758.jpg

We loved our room!! It was noisy from the time the kids play pool area opened in the morning (10am??) until when it shut down at night (6pm?). But during those times we were mostly out and about. At night it was peaceful enough to sleep with the slider open and listen to the ocean.

Finally found your thread. We were in room 913 in phase 2 building. The view was considered ocean view.

2022872250041821303S500x500Q85.jpg

It might have had an sunset view but we were never in the room so, I don't know for 100% sure.

The room was noisy at night. We like to sleep with the slider open so we can get fresh air but it was too noisy. The hotel next door had all kinds of deliveries and the trucks backing up and the beeping sound would start. One night I heard a dog barking. Anyways, I'm not sure I'd pick an ocean view again and risk getting this view again. I might be happier with a pool view. The resort is actually set back from the ocean/beach quite a bit. I did trade in at 7 months so, I was still happy we got this room.

Here are some more pictures:

Since we were in a corner the balcony was smallish:

2971292060041821303S500x500Q85.jpg

Looking down at the spa:

2613283470041821303S500x500Q85.jpg

The rest of my pictures are here:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/583162331pfYVaU

Wow, that would tick me off to no end to pay the points for an ocean view and get this room! I have to think that at some point in the future they are going to have to redo the points charts to account for rooms that have views like this.

Here is the view from Villa 453 taken the first week of July 2012.

Left
i-zrfLD5w-M.jpg

Center
i-RhgVX2d-M.jpg

Right
i-WzjDdLj-M.jpg

There was only one event in the courtyard below during the eight nights we were at the resort. It was interesting to sit on the balcony and watch the party one floor below.

Thanks to ckdipp and ramkam for sharing your photos! I've added your villas to the list of links I maintain in Post #1.

My wife and I will be at Aulani in another 40 days, so we'll finally be able to post some of our own photos to this thread. Aulani will be undergoing some renovations during our stay that might disrupt some of the amenities at the resort. DVC is being proactive about the potential disruptions and informed us it is crediting two nights worth of points to our account. I'll be posting a trip report and will take photos of the renovations.

Wow, that would tick me off to no end to pay the points for an ocean view and get this room! I have to think that at some point in the future they are going to have to redo the points charts to account for rooms that have views like this.

I agree. I guess it meets the technical "view of the ocean" but it seems more like a view of the hotel next door.

Thanks to ckdipp and ramkam for sharing your photos! I've added your villas to the list of links I maintain in Post #1.

My wife and I will be at Aulani in another 40 days, so we'll finally be able to post some of our own photos to this thread. Aulani will be undergoing some renovations during our stay that might disrupt some of the amenities at the resort. DVC is being proactive about the potential disruptions and informed us it is crediting two nights worth of points to our account. I'll be posting a trip report and will take photos of the renovations.

How far in advance did they inform you of the point credit? That does seem to me to go a long way toward good guest relations. I am staying there in December and I got a letter and an email about the construction, but not about points.

How far in advance did they inform you of the point credit? That does seem to me to go a long way toward good guest relations. I am staying there in December and I got a letter and an email about the construction, but not about points.

We're also staying in Dec and received the mailing about construction, no mention about points though.

We're also staying in Dec and received the mailing about construction, no mention about points though.

maybe they are holding off on that for later December folks, hoping it will be done? :goodvibes We are there Dec. 14-21.

We received the email from DVC about the 2-night point credit on Friday, August 3, 2012. Earlier, on July 26th, we received an email informing us of the renovations being done during our stay.

I was reading about this in another thread. They are also crediting hotel stays 2 nights of cost as well.

Anxious to hear what they are renovating.

BTW - I forgot to mention that Villa 808 is a 2 bedroom dedicated and is Wheelchair accessible.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter