Aulani Revised Documents Arrived

Breyean

DVC Since '93
Today in a FedEx box I received a letter from DVC along with the revised documents for our Aulani add on. We bought back in May, so we are among those with the lower (subsidized) MF.

The letter explains about the dues and the subsidy, including that the lower dues will be passed along to subsequent resale buyers of our contract.

But here's the part I didn't expect:

"We want everyone to be satisfied with their purchase. If you decide the changes described in this letter and the enclosures are not acceptable to you, you may cancel your purchase by sending us written notice within 30 days of your receipt of this letter to..."

I wonder if anyone will do this, or how many could do it even if they wanted. What I mean is, I know I bought these points in May, almost 6 months ago. I've used all the 2011 points and some of the 2012. Some were for a vacation already taken while some points were used for another upcoming reservation.

Wouldn't most buyers, after almost 6 months, be in a similar position - at least having used the points to book something even if not yet taken?

For them, like us, I can't see how canceling the contract is even an option.

I was surprised it was in the letter but I don't see how it could work out for many people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter