Aulani Luau is back!!

I’m nervous reading some bad reviews about the luau online. Is it a nice time or is it boring (like some people say)? We opted for this luau over our hotel’s (Marriott Ko’Olina) luau because we love Disney but we’re unable to get hotel reservations there. Let me know if you’ve been during covid times and if it was a good show!!! Thanks fellow Disney friends :)
We went in early May and really enjoyed it! I was thinking it would probably be something we'd want to do once and never again, but would definitely consider going again on a future trip!

We went to the luau in our last trip, but our room overlooks the stage now and we have been watching it whenever they have it. We enjoy the show. It does have some down time but that is to let the dancers change their clothes. They have a whole story to the luau. Over the years I have noticed that the most complaints came from men. Disney's luau does not have scantily clad woman, they are more covered. Also, they have more male dancers with their shirts off. They all dance very well. It is a good luau, IMO.
Yes DH ruled out one of the Maui luaus because they didn’t have Tahiti represented—the coconut bras.....🤣🤣🤣

I’m nervous reading some bad reviews about the luau online. Is it a nice time or is it boring (like some people say)? We opted for this luau over our hotel’s (Marriott Ko’Olina) luau because we love Disney but we’re unable to get hotel reservations there. Let me know if you’ve been during covid times and if it was a good show!!! Thanks fellow Disney friends :)
We went to the Disney luau on May 14, so just about two weeks ago. Both my husband and I were blown away by the quality -- we thought it was absolutely fantastic! If you are someone who appreciates compelling story-telling, amazing dance, and a true cultural experience I would say the Aulani luau is an absolute must do for you. I have been to a few luaus previously, and while I enjoyed those I would say that this Disney one is in a class by itself.

Having said this, if you are looking for the typical cheese that many people associate with the typical luau (looking squarely at you, Paradise Cove!), then this might not be the one for you. As others have said, the focus is less on highlighting the scantily clad hula girls, and more on the amazing singing, dancing, and general story telling. Also, I think some go into this luau expecting some kind of "Disney" spectacle hosted by Mickey and Minnie with Donald and Daisy serving as backup hula dancers. This most definitely is not that... You will get a true, quality Hawaiian experience with a dash of tasteful Disney magic thrown in.

In full disclosure, we had preferred seating which probably contributed to our positive experience. Also, I would rate the food quality as "very good," but definitely not the highlight of the luau. But the servers certainly were not stingy with the drink refills (both alcoholic and non-alcoholic).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter