• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Aulani/Hawaii Questions

DH and I are heading to Aulani in just over two weeks, a bucket list trip. This will be a once-in-a-lifetime trip. I have read other first time posts but have a few additional questions. We are planning split stay: 4 nights Aulani, 2 nights Kauai, 2 nights Maui and back to Aulani for 3 nights.

Aulani
At WDW you have a Magic Band that gives you access to the parks, room, etc. and that is all you need. At Aulani you have to show DVC membership for wrist band each day. Where do you put items like your phone while at the pool? How do you charge meals to room?
Best way to venture into Waikiki for a day without a car?
Has anyone done the circle tour excursion? Would you recommend it? (torn between wanting to see it all and having relaxing vacay)

Kauai - staying in Lihue
Want to do air tour of island.
Any other suggestions?

Maui - staying in Ka’anapali
So lost with this leg. originally thought of Road to Hana tour but it’s a long day. Has anyone done the Half Day to Hana tour? Recommendations?

Thanks for your thoughts.
Wrist bands - you go to one of two towel cabanas and scan your room card (open at 8 am). They give you the wrist band of the day and towels. You can get the next day's wrist band the night before. The cabana closer to the beach is open until 10 pm. You will need your room card for everything. That is unless you have a magic band. I bought a magic band at the store at Aulani and found it convenient to open the room door, charge items and scan at the towel booth. I left my phone in my bag at my beach chair. The Aulani crowd doesn't appear to be people you need to worry about.

Get your towels for the next day before you retire to your room. Then you can pick your chairs before 8 am. The good seats will be taken between 6 and 8 am.

Note though that Haleakala Sunrise requires a permit. Permits sell out in seconds.

Sunset does NOT require a permit.
When did they start requiring permits? It's been awhile since we've gone but they were never required before.

When did they start requiring permits? It's been awhile since we've gone but they were never required before.
That started about a month or two before our first trip, so 2017. It was super easy to get because nobody knew about it yet except Uber-internet planners….LOL Same with our Waianapanapa reservations this past year.

Stay in Lihue if looking for a budget hotel in a small town. If you want a resort, look for the many resorts that are a short drive away in Poipu. Some are even better than Aulani.

-Paul

Stay in Lihue if looking for a budget hotel in a small town. If you want a resort, look for the many resorts that are a short drive away in Poipu. Some are even better than Aulani.

-Paul
Whoa, Whoa. Your on the disboard Aulani forum pal. Not some run of the mill gossip pedalling garbage site. Statements like these will not be tolerated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter