*August/September 'Beach Bod' Dieting Thread*

Managed to lose 1.5 lbs this week on SW ... making it a total of a 5lb loss in 2 weeks since starting it. Looking forward now to hitting that half stone mini target!::yes::

well done thats fab good luck in reaching your mini target :thumbsup2

Well, it was weigh in Wednesday yesterday and I lost 1/2 lb! What I hadn't realised was that I'd STS for the last 3 weeks so it was good to finally see some movement! Usually at this point I would have given up and thought "that's i"t but I'm determined to win the battle this time and not let my body beat me - it will give up the extra weight!

Starting to look forward to September now, I'm sure when the children get back to school and normality kicks in, life will get easier (busier at least).

Less than a year now until Florida so the DC wetsuit diet is definnitely on!

Good luck to everyone with your weigh ins this week.

well done, I too find it eaiser when the kids are back at school as its soo much easier to stick to a routine, :goodvibes

Hi all - 6 weeks till we leave and I want to drop a dress size. I have lost 21lbs this year from my heaviest (should have been more if I had stuck to a diet!!)

So back on WW strictly for the next 6 weeks - except a friend came round today with lunch & cake & I was too polite to say no so had to fit in a quick walk this afternoon and will be having a very very light small tea :rolleyes2

wow well done 21lbs is amazing :banana::banana:

Sadly my diet is well and truly out of the window at the moment :( I think it's because my stress levels are through the roof as my girls are off to California with a friend on Monday for 10 days, then my eldest daughter starts a 3 month internship in London as soon as they get back

Hopefully I'll get back on track soon pixiedust:

:hug: for you I always find it almost impossible to diet when life gets stress full. Hope your Daughters have a fab Holiday and hope your Eldest enjoys her time in London.

my next official weigh in is next friday so keeping my fingers crossed for a 3lb loss
good luck to everybody this week pixiedust:

:hug: for you I always find it almost impossible to diet when life gets stress full. Hope your Daughters have a fab Holiday and hope your Eldest enjoys her time in London.

my next official weigh in is next friday so keeping my fingers crossed for a 3lb loss
good luck to everybody this week pixiedust:

:hug: Thanks Rachel, the girls are beyond excited, they're in for an amazing trip

:wizard: Fingers crossed you get that 3lb loss hun

Pleased to announce a 2 lb weight loss this week .... which takes my total to 7 lbs since starting slimming world 3 weeks ago .... I now aim to have lost a stone by the end of September. I am so surprised that I am not craving or struggling much at all with this diet ... it is just so straightforward and it is easy to plan meals ahead which stops me picking at rubbish as I know exactly what I am having for meals each day. Really chuffed :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Pleased to announce a 2 lb weight loss this week .... which takes my total to 7 lbs since starting slimming world 3 weeks ago .... I now aim to have lost a stone by the end of September. I am so surprised that I am not craving or struggling much at all with this diet ... it is just so straightforward and it is easy to plan meals ahead which stops me picking at rubbish as I know exactly what I am having for meals each day. Really chuffed :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:cool1: Well done Sarah, that's a great total loss in just 3 weeks, no wonder you're chuffed to bits. It sounds like you've found the diet for you, keep up the good work :thumbsup2

Well done - that is fantastic :goodvibes

well done:banana:
its really great feeling when you find a diet that works for you. Good luck with your next target :goodvibes

:banana:just weighed in and pleased to wave goodbye to another 4lbs over the last 3 weeks really pleased as we were on holiday during this period only another 9lbs till i reach my first goal :banana:

:banana:just weighed in and pleased to wave goodbye to another 4lbs over the last 3 weeks really pleased as we were on holiday during this period only another 9lbs till i reach my first goal :banana:

:cheer2: Well done Rachel, you've done so well, you seem so focused this year, keep up the good work :cheer2:

‎1.7 lbs loss for me this week .... total since starting SW ( 5 weeks ) is 8.6lbs. That first stone still seems a long way off :confused3:confused3

‎1.7 lbs loss for me this week .... total since starting SW ( 5 weeks ) is 8.6lbs. That first stone still seems a long way off :confused3:confused3

:cheer2: Well done on another loss Sarah, you're doing so well, you'll get to that 1st stone in a few weeks, I know you can and will do it ::yes::

I weighed myself this morning and in just 1 week i have lost 8 pounds:blush: a great start to chipping off some unwanted weight gain. I guess all the stress at work over the office closure hit me harder than i thought over the last year. Anyway i cut out all the sugar in drinks and switched to skimmed milk and only eating low fat low carb stuff in much smaller portions than i had before. I'm trying to avoid over indulging in potato products too no more crisps only low fat oven chips and boiled potatoes. I'm also avoiding bread it doesn't agree with me even the wholemeal stuff makes me feel off. Combining this with more exercise (my cross trainer every other day until it shows 10 km and alternating this with core strengthening) and buying new scales ( ones that measure your BMI body fat and water percentages and muscle and bone mass) and it has really opened my eyes to how much i gained. So now i have set myself a target of 50 weeks to really do my best to be healthy again.

It's great that people here are in the same situation, it provides me with hope and determination to keep going, i hope everyone here keeps losing a bit each week so they can get to their targets too.

I weighed myself this morning and in just 1 week i have lost 8 pounds:blush: a great start to chipping off some unwanted weight gain. I guess all the stress at work over the office closure hit me harder than i thought over the last year. Anyway i cut out all the sugar in drinks and switched to skimmed milk and only eating low fat low carb stuff in much smaller portions than i had before. I'm trying to avoid over indulging in potato products too no more crisps only low fat oven chips and boiled potatoes. I'm also avoiding bread it doesn't agree with me even the wholemeal stuff makes me feel off. Combining this with more exercise (my cross trainer every other day until it shows 10 km and alternating this with core strengthening) and buying new scales ( ones that measure your BMI body fat and water percentages and muscle and bone mass) and it has really opened my eyes to how much i gained. So now i have set myself a target of 50 weeks to really do my best to be healthy again.

It's great that people here are in the same situation, it provides me with hope and determination to keep going, i hope everyone here keeps losing a bit each week so they can get to their targets too.

:cool1: Wow! that's a great start, well done :cool1:

Stayed the same this week .... had a weekend blip with birthday cake for my Mum's birthday and a pasta dish which involved cream so I am not surprised.
At least it wasn't a gain.

just weighed in slightly slower progress this time but still a loss of 2lb so pleased... total to date 21lb lost :cool1::cool1:

good luck to everybody :wizard:

just weighed in slightly slower progress this time but still a loss of 2lb so pleased... total to date 21lb lost :cool1::cool1:

good luck to everybody :wizard:

:cheer2: Well done Rachel, you're going to be a skinny Minnie on holiday :cheer2:

I'm trying to stick to my plan and I have lost another 4 pounds off my start weight yay!
Well done to all of you too even those of you who have STS it's good because "muscle is denser than fat" you must be toning up as you go along which is great . I'm battling with English monsoon weather at the moment using memories of WDW to see me through the unpleasantness of working and walking in the 2 day solid downpour we seem to be having , I don't mind the walk home it's the soaking that I object to... Any way keep up the great work and stick with the will power.

I'm trying to stick to my plan and I have lost another 4 pounds off my start weight yay!
Well done to all of you too even those of you who have STS it's good because "muscle is denser than fat" you must be toning up as you go along which is great . I'm battling with English monsoon weather at the moment using memories of WDW to see me through the unpleasantness of working and walking in the 2 day solid downpour we seem to be having , I don't mind the walk home it's the soaking that I object to... Any way keep up the great work and stick with the will power.

:cool1: Well done on another good loss this week, you're doing so well :cool1:

Just to let you know guys that October wil bring the 'Christmas Cracker' dieting thread :rotfl2::rotfl2: And I will be aiming to get back on track ready for the Girly Weekend :santa:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter