August 24th, 2013 - A Magical Med Cruise

ours doesn't open until 11th May :sad2::sad2: Got all excited after I paid as I had an email from my TA saying I could book! Only thing I really want is a Palo Brunch, fingers crossed that is still available.

What are you looking to book?

Lorraine

We've booked the port adventures and a palo brunch on the second sea day. We might want to do it on the first day as well but that's up to my parents. Those brunch times are going pretty fast though, Mum wanted one at 11 but those were gone by the time we got in. Here's the list of our port adventures:

Villefranche, France – Highlights of Monaco & Monte Carlo

La Spezia, Italy – Discovering Florence

Civitavecchia, Italy – St. Angel’s Castle, St. Peter’s Basilica and Free Time

Naples, Italy – Value Package – Sorrento & Pompeii

Good luck on the palo brunch when your booking window opens! :thumbsup2

Hi there!

We too are booked for this cruise. Me (43), DW (44), DS (18) and DD (15).

Paid off balance on Friday!!:scared1:

Unfortunately, we can't book shore excursions until end of May. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of these and whether they are worth the money.

At the moment we are considering the following:
- taxi to Monaco for half day with remainder of day in Villefrenche ( which I've been told is very nice)
- not going to bother with Florence or Pisa.
- considering doing Rome DIY by getting the train.
- will probably go with the official excursion for Pompeii.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

TIA

Hi there!

We too are booked for this cruise. Me (43), DW (44), DS (18) and DD (15).

Paid off balance on Friday!!:scared1:

Unfortunately, we can't book shore excursions until end of May. Just wondered if anyone had any experience of these and whether they are worth the money.

At the moment we are considering the following:
- taxi to Monaco for half day with remainder of day in Villefrenche ( which I've been told is very nice)
- not going to bother with Florence or Pisa.
- considering doing Rome DIY by getting the train.
- will probably go with the official excursion for Pompeii.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated.

TIA

Apparently you can get the train from Villefranche to Monaco - we did a disney trip last time and loved Monaco but would consider the train this time. Villefranche was very picturesque - we have a photo taken getting off the ship and it looks photoshopped! We did the train to Rome and it was sooooo easy. Also did the official excursion to Pompeii and it was an amazing day - we did the one that included Vesuvius - dont think that we would worry about Vesuvius again - not too much to see - plus it was misty so we saw nothing! Pompeii was brill though.
Lorraine

Hi,

We decided we would also like to join the FE.
It'll be my mum, dad, Sis(Sea 22), and me (Sunny 18)

Thanks!

I'll add you to FE Sunny. Lovely to have you on board :)

Just in case people prefer FB I have set up a FB group for our cruise date too. Hope that's ok xxx
Nikki

Hi Lorraine

Try searching Disney magic August. It should come up. If not , my fb name is nikkicp , you could add me as a friend then it might show? Let me know if you have any problems
Nikki
Xxx

Just called shoreside concierge today to sort out dining rotations. Here's a heads up on the rotations:

1) LLAPLAP
2) AAPLAPL
3) PPLAPLA

Unfortunately there are (is?) no rotations with Lumiere's on formal and PC on pirate night so I pick the first one with Lumiere's on formal.

Sunny

Just called shoreside concierge today to sort out dining rotations. Here's a heads up on the rotations:

1) LLAPLAP
2) AAPLAPL
3) PPLAPLA

Unfortunately there are (is?) no rotations with Lumiere's on formal and PC on pirate night so I pick the first one with Lumiere's on formal.

Sunny

Thanks Sunny:thumbsup2 does that mean that formal is night 2 & pirates night 5?

hi all - I was wondering whether anyone who is already able to book excursions could do me a favour please?:love:

I am wanting to book the Easy Pisa tour and I was wanting to know what time the excursions are available for - I believe in 2011 there was a morning and afternoon option but I was hoping to find out exact timings if I can (for some reason I think that this is something you see when the booking window opens - but I might be wrong!)

Plus - Does anyone know a way of finding out where the Rome on your own tour drops off and picks up? I am not brave enough to do Rome totally on our own, despite reading numerous reports to say how easy the trains are - so my compromise was going to be to use the DIY DCL option - but in order to plan my day, it would be really helpful to know where the meet points are.

Many thanks for any help:thumbsup2

Hi Amy,

The Easy Pisa for the family is 7.15 am Adults only is 12.45.

Sorry I dont know about the Rome tours. We did it on our own last time (well we got the train in and met friends for lunch - very civilised) and it was very very easy. However, all aboard was something like 9.30 pm so much more relaxed! It is me, my sister and her 4 year old DD this time, we are planning on getting the train in - the express is about 40 odd minutes as i recall - doing the hoho bus for one loop and getting the train back.

Lorraine

Hi Amy,

The Easy Pisa for the family is 7.15 am Adults only is 12.45.

Sorry I dont know about the Rome tours. We did it on our own last time (well we got the train in and met friends for lunch - very civilised) and it was very very easy. However, all aboard was something like 9.30 pm so much more relaxed! It is me, my sister and her 4 year old DD this time, we are planning on getting the train in - the express is about 40 odd minutes as i recall - doing the hoho bus for one loop and getting the train back.

Lorraine

Hi Lorraine :) thanks ever so much for your reply - that helps a lot:love:

Are you literally staying on the HOHO or will you get off at certain points?

We are wanting to go to Trevi, Spanish steps & the panthèon, then really just wander around the piazzas - grabbing some pizza & an icecream when we want to rest. I'm just concerned I will spend my whole time there worried about the trains, whereas it looks like the DCL bus might drop off & pick up from the Spanish steps so I think I might relax a bit more with that!;)

Well after the DCL website being down when i first tried to book activities i managed to get on and book Palo brunch the first sea day and Palo dinner for the Rome day. At time of booking there was plenty of availability for brunch.

104 days and counting!

Lorraine

Hi Amy,

i am not 100% sure - I would like to get on and off at certain points as you say - although i have done Rome before so not too worried and as we will have a 4 year old with us dragging her around sites may not be idea. It will probably be a decision on the day - if we get there early enough and have plenty of time we will probably do a couple of things. I need to investigate what time the express train runs back. I think we got back to port around 7 last time and as i say with 9.30 sail away it was great. It was about 9 euros each on the train so a lot cheaper than the excursion. Decisions decisions!

Lorraine

Hi Amy,

i am not 100% sure - I would like to get on and off at certain points as you say - although i have done Rome before so not too worried and as we will have a 4 year old with us dragging her around sites may not be idea. It will probably be a decision on the day - if we get there early enough and have plenty of time we will probably do a couple of things. I need to investigate what time the express train runs back. I think we got back to port around 7 last time and as i say with 9.30 sail away it was great. It was about 9 euros each on the train so a lot cheaper than the excursion. Decisions decisions!

Lorraine

I know what you mean about decisions - my head is constantly spinning with it all. We're also thinking of going to Capri for the day on our own, but again with two children in tow & possibly hot weather not sure if its a good idea or not!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter