August 23, 2014 FANTASY Eastern cruise meet~~New Thread

Janine - where are you getting this from? I check all the weather sites and none is predicting a noreaster. Just a few snow flurries....:confused3

I heard it last week too - they were predicting another 6-12 inches for wednesday --- along the eastern seaboard --- again...:crazy2:

Lisa - here's my local forecast off NOAA...it says winter storm north central us...nothing about my area...only 40% chance of rain on Wed.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...ough&state=NJ&site=PHI&lat=40.477&lon=-74.627
interesting - i've never used the NOAA site for local weather :confused3
weather underground is also showing this:
http://www.wunderground.com/winter-storm/Saturn-2013#maps

Many of my friends are in the fishing business - they tend to follow the European models for predictions (their lives and livelihoods depend on it) - that's why i heard about it last week

interesting - i've never used the NOAA site for local weather :confused3
weather underground is also showing this:
http://www.wunderground.com/winter-storm/Saturn-2013#maps

Many of my friends are in the fishing business - they tend to follow the European models for predictions (their lives and livelihoods depend on it) - that's why i heard about it last week

I usually use NOAA...they've been more right lately than weather.com...the last storm, where NE got socked and we got almost nothing (ie less than 5 inches)...weather.com predicted my area to have 8-12 inches of snow, NOAA told me 5 or less...

Just booked this one today. Myself and two kids (they will be 13 and 16). We were originally looking at a late June 2014 cruise, but decided to go on 8/23/14 due to the identical room being $2100 less. Our school district does not start until the day after Labor Day, so the timing is great. This will be our 7th Disney cruise (not counting the Big Red boats - for those of you who have been around awhile).

We currently have a winter storm watch/warning for Norther Virginia. The DC area could get up to seven inches of snow tomorrow. Makes the caribbean sound real good about now.

Tom

Just booked this one today. Myself and two kids (they will be 13 and 16). We were originally looking at a late June 2014 cruise, but decided to go on 8/23/14 due to the identical room being $2100 less. Our school district does not start until the day after Labor Day, so the timing is great. This will be our 7th Disney cruise (not counting the Big Red boats - for those of you who have been around awhile).

We currently have a winter storm watch/warning for Norther Virginia. The DC area could get up to seven inches of snow tomorrow. Makes the caribbean sound real good about now.

Tom

Welcome Tom and family! My family also lives in Northern Virginia and my kids are wild with glee that maybe they will get to finally pull the sleds out of the basement! :)

Welcome Tom and family! My family also lives in Northern Virginia and my kids are wild with glee that maybe they will get to finally pull the sleds out of the basement! :)

I knew your name sounded familiar. We also had to cancel out of the 7/12/2013 Mediterranean cruise. It was hard to give that up, but my wife had "work" conflicts for that time period. Instead, we are touring Europe this August.

Ya'll anywhere close to the Haymarket area?

trburks said:

Tom

Welcome Tom!

We have a group of 8th graders who are *supposed* to be leaving for D.C. Tomorrow morning! YIKES!!! The way it looks now, they would be heading straight Into it - I have a feeling these poor kids aren't going (what am I saying? This poor teacher is gonna be stuck with 100 miserable kids for the next three days. DOUBLE Yikes!!)

I knew your name sounded familiar. We also had to cancel out of the 7/12/2013 Mediterranean cruise. It was hard to give that up, but my wife had "work" conflicts for that time period. Instead, we are touring Europe this August.

Ya'll anywhere close to the Haymarket area?
Fairfax!

Welcome Tom!

We have a group of 8th graders who are *supposed* to be leaving for D.C. Tomorrow morning! YIKES!!! The way it looks now, they would be heading straight Into it - I have a feeling these poor kids aren't going (what am I saying? This poor teacher is gonna be stuck with 100 miserable kids for the next three days. DOUBLE Yikes!!)

It is wet and slushy here so have them bring some extra socks, a hat and gloves. It is chilly and wet!!! But beautiful with the white snow.... :)

Welcome Tom!

They should be OK. We are 35 miles west of DC (where the weather was more severe). The main streets are basically clear; just wet and a little slushy. Tomorrow should be even better.

It is wet and slushy here so have them bring some extra socks, a hat and gloves. It is chilly and wet!!! But beautiful with the white snow.... :)

They should be OK. We are 35 miles west of DC (where the weather was more severe). The main streets are basically clear; just wet and a little slushy. Tomorrow should be even better.

They kept them home:sad:
Word came down today that they were able to reschedule for the week after next :sad1:
so i'm stuck w/'em for the next 8 school days - maybe i'll luck out and we'll get walloped tonight and have a snow day tomorrow :cheer2:

I guess I can't wait until August 2014 to sail DCL again.

Being the good customer that I am, I had to book another one.

I have a week off in early September after the kids are back in school, want a getaway for just my wife and I.

I was considering trying Royal Caribbean for us as a couple but the thought of enjoying DCL without the kids is TOO tempting ... Palo brunch and dinner, Remy dinner, hanging in adult areas, going to late shows not worrying about the kids ... priceless!! :cool1::thumbsup2:woohoo:

I guess I can't wait until August 2014 to sail DCL again.

Being the good customer that I am, I had to book another one.

I have a week off in early September after the kids are back in school, want a getaway for just my wife and I.

I was considering trying Royal Caribbean for us as a couple but the thought of enjoying DCL without the kids is TOO tempting ... Palo brunch and dinner, Remy dinner, hanging in adult areas, going to late shows not worrying about the kids ... priceless!! :cool1::thumbsup2:woohoo:

Frank, I agree - an adult only cruise is phenomenal. We did it for the first time in October. Unfortunately for me, my son was so mad at us that he gave my mother, who had flown up from FL to watch the kids, the hardest time and was very belligerent and she will not watch them again. So I enjoyed my one adult cruise until they leave for college...:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter