August 2021! Will the US let us in???

I'd say not, unless you are up against a time constraint that means doing it now or never (or so far in the future it might as well be).
I wondered about doing 2 weeks somewhere 'acceptable' before WDW, but when I started investigating it began to look like a of a house cards - though Mexico wasn't somewhere I considered. At the end of the day US immigration might still say no for some obscure reason, so I decided it wasn't worth the risk.
But if you do find a reliable route please let me know ... seriously. :flower3:

There is a big family travel account on Instagram who recently went in via Mexico. They didnt do a huge amount in the parks but were hosted to at blizzard beach. They said it was fairly easy.

The all inclusive hotel they were at in Mexico arranged the covid tests to enter the USA and they used existing esta from previous trip. Then they flew home from to the UK from New York.

Yes I certainly do feel limited timewise. I have older teenagers , one will be in final year of high school in September so not like we can just decide to take a week or so off school once everything is open and more normal 😭

Iberostar selection Cancun. I have attached a screenshot from the story they posted at the time.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210708-002607.png
    Screenshot_20210708-002607.png
    160.2 KB · Views: 18
There is a big family travel account on Instagram who recently went in via Mexico. They didnt do a huge amount in the parks but were hosted to at blizzard beach. They said it was fairly easy.

The all inclusive hotel they were at in Mexico arranged the covid tests to enter the USA and they used existing esta from previous trip. Then they flew home from to the UK from New York.

Yes I certainly do feel limited timewise. I have older teenagers , one will be in final year of high school in September so not like we can just decide to take a week or so off school once everything is open and more normal 😭
This is interesting 🤔

Our flights are now 25 days away and I’m so fed up of the uncertainty still 😭 I can’t see Biden opening the borders in time for us to go, so I just want the flights cancelled to put me out of my misery!

Our flights are now 25 days away and I’m so fed up of the uncertainty still 😭 I can’t see Biden opening the borders in time for us to go, so I just want the flights cancelled to put me out of my misery!

This does frustrate me. I dont think it's down to the US either. I'm sure Airlines must know that they wont be flying in 25 days or whatever but have chosen not to refund until the very last minute.

Yeah totally, I’ve resigned myself to the fact we won’t be going again, but I can’t start to sort out the Disney/universal/discovery cove tickets until it’s been cancelled really.

If people are allowed to travel due to exemptions, then they have to get special authorization from US embassy's, just the same as before Covid, when people had issues with ESTA or needed a different type of Visa to travel to USA.

USA Embassy In Ireland Official Information For U.S. Visa and Travel FAQs for non-U.S. citizens during COVID-19

The Consular Section at The Us Embassy in Ireland serves both American citizens and visa applicants.
Consular Section appointment priority is as follows:
  • Essential American citizen services
  • Immigrant visa services (family-based immigrant visa applicants, e.g. spouses, children, and fiancées of U.S. citizens)
  • Nonimmigrant visa services for life-and-death emergencies and those going to the United States for direct COVID-19 mitigation purposes
If your ESTA was cancelled but you believe that you fall under one of the exceptions identified in Presidential Proclamation 10143 and you believe that the travel restriction does not apply to you, we suggest that you contact your airline for the latest information about your travel plans and any restrictions.

If you travel, we suggest that you carry any official original documentation that you have that you believe demonstrates why you are exempt from a travel restriction, such as a Permanent Resident card (commonly known as a Green Card), a marriage certificate or a birth certificate, so that it is available if it is requested for review. You may also wish to carry a copy of the Presidential Proclamation itself.

Entry into the United States is at the sole discretion of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security Officer who questions each traveler applying for entry into the United States. Please note that U.S. Embassy Dublin cannot guarantee that any traveler applying for entry to the United States will be permitted to enter by DHS.
The problem is there are no flights to get there anyway.

The problem is there are no flights to get there anyway.
There are flights to the U.S. every day. e.g. there is a BA flight to Miami about to take off from Heathrow right now ... Flights are still needed as there are exceptions to travel.

There are flights to the U.S. every day. e.g. there is a BA flight to Miami about to take off from Heathrow right now ... Flights are still needed as there are exceptions to travel.
I’d love to know where u book them then because they appear nowhere?!

I’d love to know where u book them then because they appear nowhere?!
You call the airline. Many have removed online bookings to ensure customers do not book without realising the entry requirements. But there are still multiple flights a day. In fact, I can see American Airlines will let you book LHR to JFK online.

e.g. you will see here just how many flights are still going to the U.S. each day from LHR: https://www.heathrow.com/departures

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter