August 2020 Trip Reports

Oooooook. I was gonna just surprise y’all but I can’t hold it in. DW and I are driving down to stay at the Fort this weekend!!!! Checking in Friday, out on Sunday. We’re going to leave our camper at the in-laws so we can do a couple more trips before the meet. I am so beyond excited! We did preferred, not tried it before.

Enjoy! The weekends get pretty full at the Fort, feels like old times!

I really thought I could handle the masks all day, but it is tough in the heat and humidity, and I live here too. But I work from home full time and don’t normally have to wear them except when going to the store.

DS28 works at a cancer hospital so he’s used to it all day. Hubby works for the police department so he also wears one all day. DS23 seems to be doing okay with them too.

I’ve seen lots of toddlers wearing them with no problems.

Oooooook. I was gonna just surprise y’all but I can’t hold it in. DW and I are driving down to stay
For those interested in Geyser Point, I just saw a yellow route bus and the marquee was flashing Outpost and Wilderness Lodge.

Yeah, so they can't use the direct road down past the new Tri Circle D Ranch complex huh? So to get to the WL you have to go out the front and stop at the Outpost Bus Depot and then go around the horn to come in to WL huh? And visa versa coming back?

Just want to make sure I understand so Arc and I can get back in October after our wives bail on us at Geyser Point.
Icondrunkards_zpsjpvm3mt2.gif

Bama Ed

PS - I'm afraid I'm going to be a bad influence on the youngster....

So to get to the WL you have to go out the front and stop at the Outpost Bus Depot and then go around the horn to come in to WL huh? And visa versa coming back?
I don't know , Ed. The last aerial photos I saw of the area, there was a pretty good looking road from TCD through the construction zone. I wonder if they put up enough themed fencing and they will take the old/new route. But the bus marquee would be saying Settlement/WL. Oh well.

Is the resort launch (little boat) running now?

j

I don't know , Ed.

Is the resort launch (little boat) running now?

j

It's my understanding, teamubr, that the small boat off the right side of the Fort dock is NOT running currently between the Contemp, FW, and WL. I would be thrilled if it was. What I've read here is that the only boat coming to the Fort dock arrives on the left side (the big boat) that goes to MK and the first boat will get you there for opening. And the big boat carries you home up to one hour after the official MK park closing time.

I wish this would change, though. I need the little boat running to the Contemp early.

Bama Ed

Thanks Ed.

I knew the big boat to MK was running, but I hadn't seen anything on the resort boats. That's going to make runs to Geyser Point a little harder. The bus to the Outpost and on to Vista Dr and WL will take an hour.

j

Resort launch is not running. They do sometimes use the right side for MK boats when they are switching out the boats for cleaning. That happened to us on Tuesday. I asked when the resort boats would start and all they would say is “not at this time.”

We went to WCC for dinner today and visited the shop at WL. The CM at the register was in his 70’s and had nothing but good things to say about the way things are being handled at WDW. Overall it seems that most CMs are happy to be here and they’re all thanking us for coming.

We made it!!

From the security guard to Paige from IL at the check-in booth, they were so excited to see us. Made me want to cry to be honest. “Welcome home” has never meant so much to hear from a cast member as it does now.

We arrived at 11 and were able to check right in. I cannot tell you the level of excitement the cast member had checking us in. She had her spiel down very well and it was so incredibly informative. She answered every question we could have possibly had without even having to ask them.

We are in site 211, first time staying in preferred. I must say this site is probably too small for us but I stuck with it. Ed, we didn’t put on a show pulling in so you would have been disappointed. Really not enough room for our slides and awning but it will be ok for the weekend.

We’ve already seen a ton of deer as we drove in and 2 wild turkeys!

Is anyone else obsessed with Must Do Disney besides myself (even though I’ve watched it 900 times)? DW always gets mad at me because I just leave it on. PS, none of the resort TV stuff has been updated to reflect COVID.

@bama_ed I have confirmed that every other yellow bus is supposed to go to Wilderness Lodge, so we will make it back lol Only question I need to ask is how late are they running it:jester: They are also now running a bus to MK from the Settlement Depot in addition to the main bus depot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter