August 2020 Trip Reports

Just toured the new barn and facilities. Man is it nice. Sorry Ed, but two different cast members informed me that the exercise trail is not open and they are only running the boat to Magic Kingdom. They do have a special bus that transports to the lodge now.
I also have a vested interest in the trail. Did the CM's mention when they think it would be open again?

@bama_ed and @3kidsdad thanks for asking the question and thanks for the response. I love and run the exercise trail often. good thing I have no races after September, and that one is virtual.

@bama_ed and @3kidsdad thanks for asking the question and thanks for the response.

The picture of the new TCD is the cherry on top for me, Kris. Nice wide path and probably a fence (cough, cough :rolleyes: ) down at the far end of the road. Down the exercise trail, slide over to the Copper Canyon DVC cabins, and walk into the WL hotel/DVC area like I own the place.

giphy.gif

#likeaboss

Bama Ed

PS - hope the new bridge across the canal between MK and GF is in place and functional by October. I want to do that on an early morning walk (FW-WL-TTC-Poly-GF-MK and either boat back to Fort from there or walk on CR-WL-FW (done that one too but not in this loop since the bridge ain't been there.

Just spoke with Ed and Judy at the Meadows and they both said if the exercise/walking trail reopens it will be when Reflections is done. On a positive note, since we got a free night for the power problems we extended and are staying one more day. :cool1::cool1::cool1:

This pic is just to the right of my previous one. CR there in the way back and nothing but the orange construction signs saying it's a felony to enter. Fences and more fences everywhere.

View attachment 516770

This pic is just to the right of my previous one. CR there in the way back and nothing but the orange construction signs saying it's a felony to enter. Fences and more fences everywhere.

I don't think there are many people on this board interested in trying to enter the workplace of (as our poster @nomorethan8 called it) the Reflections Assisted Living Home. I think the signs are there to promote an interest in marketing the property. :rolleyes: Its time will come eventually.

Bama Ed

And for the record, I'm looking at my options to get to/from Geyser Springs at WL. Hearing that there is a bus option (which there also was when the road wasn't blocked) means I don't have to rely on the MK boats.

Bama Ed

And for the record, I'm looking at my options to get to/from Geyser Springs at WL. Hearing that there is a bus option (which there also was when the road wasn't blocked) means I don't have to rely on the MK boats.

Bama Ed
I’m curious about this as well

Well, we couldn’t sleep last night. I got up at 1:0am but tried to get back to sleep and couldn’t. Hubby got up at 3:30, so we decided to load up the truck and van.

After that we waited until 6:00am and then woke the 2 of our sons who are joining us on this trip.

We left the house at 6:45 and headed to get the camper from storage.

We got on I-4 at just about 7:30am and headed over to WDW. I got a text at 8:30 that our site was ready in the 500 loop but hubby wanted 1300 close to comfort station. We pulled in to the Fort at 8:45 and drive up to a window to see if we could get 1300 loop, it was a no. So, off we went to 500 loop.

We have just about finished setup and put everything where I want it and are settling down for a drink and a little break.

I haven’t ventured off our site yet but we’ve seen people go by on bikes with no masks and people walking the loop without masks.

After a rest and a shower, we’ll head out to the Trading Post and try to find some lunch.

14C8FADE-5088-40B2-8137-DCE9488A7E2C.jpeg

The pups are tuckered out from all the work they did too.

54455BC6-84FD-43D8-9490-A1EEEA678D4E.jpeg

Last edited:
We walked the dogs over to the Meadows area, they were excited for all the new smells. Hubby stayed outside while I went inside. They had 2020 items on bogo, I picked up a couple of t-shirts.

We are now sitting in Trail’s End waiting for our food. The person who took the order had no idea what a giddy up and go was. Lol.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
The Fort definitely feels crowded, entire loops are still closed but the open loops are pretty well full. Feels like pre-covid.

Lots of kids riding bikes through the loop w/o a mask. Lots of people on golf carts w/o masks. I’m not trying to state either way whether okay or not, just stating what I’ve seen.

Overall, FW feels the same to me, other than reduced restaurants and activities.

I’m hoping things get less busy after the weekend.

Here’s a pic of the pups. Duke chooses not to use his bed, maybe the floor is cooler.

image.jpg

We went to Disney Springs yesterday, we met up with my oldest son and a couple of his friends. We all went to Ragland Road for a late lunch and it was excellent.

I had purchased Ragland Road gift cards early in the pandemic when they were running a special of buy $50 and get $25 bonus. I had purchased 4 for a total of $200 but received $300. We told everyone to order whatever they wanted and we came in just under the $300 at $283 for a party of 7 including adult drinks and appetizers. The server thanked me for buying the gift cards saying the funds from those purchases went directly to the staff. I was able to add gratuities separately on another card.

DS was pretty crowded, I didn’t notice which stores were open or closed. We took lots of breaks to remove the masks and just sat and people watched. No photos from yesterday.

Plan for today is hang around FW, check out the new horse barn, the pool and see if it empties out here.

During our morning dog walk we noticed 700 loop was open and occupied.

Morning pic of the pups.

image.jpg

We went by the new Tri-Circle D horse barn.
F2EE3A70-ACEF-48EF-B85E-42F91F43594B.jpeg

They were getting Merida’s horse ready for the day. He is ginormous, the women saddling him up had to use step stools.
19DC0899-5DA5-4CC5-AA5A-0AEC0CCE28D7.jpegE895D798-4C4B-4404-8B50-7314386F2393.jpeg

We saw a couple of ponies getting their harnesses removed.
2B09B1E4-4B06-44F2-9FF3-760972CA321E.jpeg

Violet.
5F2BD037-3946-4FB1-AD50-E58A5F954550.jpeg

We took the boat to MK, the benches are alternated to promote social distancing. We didn’t enter the park, just went to guest relations to activate DS3’s annual pass.

We then boarded the monorail to the Contemporary and walked around, we had a drink at the Contempo Cafe. Then back on the monorail to visit the Polynesian. We were disappointed that they are no longer offering the chocolate covered strawberries and bacon at Kona Island. No sushi either.

Then back on the monorail to go back to MK to catch the boat back to the Fort. The boat was waiting for us, we were the only party on the boat.

Yesterday afternoon I had counted 3 open sites in 500 loop, this afternoon it was 40. 500 loop has 56 sites.

We boarded the monorail to the Contemporary and walked around, we had a drink at the Contempo Cafe. Then back on the monorail to visit the Polynesian. We were disappointed that they are no longer offering the chocolate covered strawberries and bacon at Kona Island. No sushi either.

Then back on the monorail to go back to MK to catch the boat back to the Fort. The boat was waiting for us, we were the only party on the boat.

Yesterday afternoon I had counted 3 open sites in 500 loop, this afternoon it was 40. 500 loop has 56 sites.
Sounds like the Fort is being kept busy with locals on the weekends. It may be like that for a while.

And I'm glad to hear they are letting you resort hop on the monorail. I thought they may be restricting the resorts to that resort's guests only.

j

Sounds like the Fort is being kept busy with locals on the weekends. It may be like that for a while.

And I'm glad to hear they are letting you resort hop on the monorail. I thought they may be restricting the resorts to that resort's guests only.

j

No problem resort hopping at all. Actually it was someone at MK guest relations who encouraged it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter