*August 2019 check in*

We leave on our road trip in 1.5 days and arrive at Disneyland on August 14th (after seeing Vegas and the Grand Canyon). I just finished making my mousekeeping tip envelopes for each day of our stay! So excited for this trip to celebrate my daughter’s high school graduation! View attachment 424094
We are celebrating my daughters graduation too. I have a friend who went in May and got me some graduation Mickey ears we will use for a photo op. It’s so exciting and congratulations to your daughter.

So last night I spent the evening taking screen shots of menus and sending them to be sister so we can figure out some CS places we can eat at because she is so picky. I should have been cleaning my house as I have someone house sitting for us our 2 cats and a dog while we are gone but planning is so much more satisfying

We are celebrating my daughters graduation too. I have a friend who went in May and got me some graduation Mickey ears we will use for a photo op. It’s so exciting and congratulations to your daughter.
Thank you! Congratulations to your daughter as well! Have fun!

So excited for my upcoming trip in two weeks. It WAS originally going to be my mine and my wife's first ever visit to Disneyland but after we planned this trip I was asked to go to a conference that was held in Disneyland. My wife came along with me so that technically ending up being our first time. I think we are still going to consider this our real first time though. I only really got to spend evenings in the park so we rushed around just to try to get rides in. We did get to eat at Club 33 though!

This coming trip is a long one and we will take things slower. We are staying 9 days at the best western across the street from the Disneyland entrance. Our first two days will be for Disney parks. Then the next two days will be a mix of LA Tours and Universal Studios during the day and then back to Disney at night. The the last 5 days will be all devoted to Disney!

Last edited:

Late to the party! 8/23 @Marriott Anaheim and D23 plus 8/24-25 @ Paradise Pier!

Better late than not going to Disney! Welcome to the thread, I've added you to the list!

So excited for my upcoming trip in two weeks. It WAS originally going to be my mine and my wife's first ever visit to Disneyland but after we planned this trip I was asked to go to a conference that was held in Disneyland. My wife came along with me so that technically ending up being our first time. I think we are still going to consider this our real first time though. I only really got to spend evenings in the park so we rushed around just to try to get rides in. We did get to eat at Club 33 though!

This coming trip is a long one and we will take things slower. We are staying 9 days at the best western across the street from the Disneyland entrance. Our first two days will be for Disney parks. Then the next two days will be a mix of LA Tours and Universal Studios during the day and then back to Disney at night. The the last 5 days will be all devoted to Disney!

Wow, C33, I am envious!

Sounds like a really fun long trip, enjoy!

Leaving in 4 days and my 2 year old *might* have a UTI ... YAY!!!!! Thankfully able to get him in to the dr this afternoon just to be sure.

We'll be going August 19th-22nd. I expect it will be a madhouse since deluxe APs will just come off being blocked for 6 weeks

MSEP Plaza Inn Dining Packages are now available! We decided against the dessert party and I've been hoping to score a MSEP dining package for next weekend. Woot! The Disney website is SO SLOW today but I just wanted everyone to know about this new experience.

MSEP Plaza Inn Dining Packages are now available! We decided against the dessert party and I've been hoping to score a MSEP dining package for next weekend. Woot! The Disney website is SO SLOW today but I just wanted everyone to know about this new experience.

Have they said where the reserved viewing area is?

We'll be going August 19th-22nd. I expect it will be a madhouse since deluxe APs will just come off being blocked for 6 weeks

Those are the same dates I’ll be there and I’m totally preparing myself for crazy crowds too - that way anything less crowded is a happy surprise!

Have they said where the reserved viewing area is?
No that I've seen but I'm hoping for the same area as the Pixar Play Parade last summer. Seems like it would be a good spot to also watch fireworks if that's the case. I'll keep an eye for reviews!

I love this board! Just booked msep dining package for last minute trip labor day weekend! Assuming it is probably across plaza inn on main street like christmas parade dining package.

Any experience with how crowded the 2nd MSEP parade will be? Hoping to watch Fantasmic, Fireworks and then find a spot for the 2nd parade, but not sure what to expect in terms of crowds. This will be 8/27, so the 2nd parade is 10:45.

Eeeek!!!! The breeze stopped about half an hour before and the fireworks went on! I had pretty great spot and it was so great I even shed some tears.

We got stuck on a broken-down Jungle Cruise boat during last night’s fireworks. Not even kidding. Hoping we get to see them next week when we’re in the park again!

Any experience with how crowded the 2nd MSEP parade will be? Hoping to watch Fantasmic, Fireworks and then find a spot for the 2nd parade, but not sure what to expect in terms of crowds. This will be 8/27, so the 2nd parade is 10:45.

I watched the 2nd parade this past Wednesday. I found a spot right at the start of the parade which is impossible to do with the first showing. Since the parade starts at the front of the park and ends at Fantasyland I stood in front of City Hall. I got out of the park right away and didn't have to fight any crowds.

We had a great day yesterday at universal studios. Today we are going to go to Knotts berry farm and then to Disneyland!

Attachments

• D23D01D1-12CA-4A4D-B17A-6C3279CAFBF9.jpeg
    D23D01D1-12CA-4A4D-B17A-6C3279CAFBF9.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 989419DD-CDAF-4A3E-925C-888FB6D35E20.jpeg
    989419DD-CDAF-4A3E-925C-888FB6D35E20.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 4
  • A6F833D7-7199-453E-A4C4-FA0ECF2416F5.jpeg
    A6F833D7-7199-453E-A4C4-FA0ECF2416F5.jpeg
    118.4 KB · Views: 3
We finally arrived in California last night! Stayed in the Ayres hotel in Costa Mesa. It's a really nice hotel, and i got a great deal on our room. I didn't hear the airplanes last night, but we must be close to John Wayne because that's all I've heard this morning- lol! :D Headed to the beach today, then Goofy's Kitchen tonight, and switching over to a room at the DL Hotel.

:dancer::jumping3::bounce::banana:I'm over the moon excited, and LOVE that we all can share our excitement and adventures with each other here!:yo-yo::disrocks:

Would I be wrong for getting my hopes up that the 16th will continue the "not too crowed" trend?? Just figure even more schools are in session...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!