- Aug 22, 2017
Nope! I love me some detailed trip reports. In fact, I wish I had all those details in mine. I had even purchased a mini spiral notebook to take notes but (1) DS14 moved at the speed of light and it was hard to keep up and (2) I misplaced my notebook within the first few hours of our first day at the parks.Trip Report! Probably more detail than anyone wants.
How was the breakfast? We stayed at the Dessert Inn and it was awful. Although I had some good meals at DL park I was not happy about this added expense. Also, I'm a breakfast person and starting the day with a free breakfast just makes the vacation day run smoother.I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express-Resort Area (not the one really close to the parks) I was beyond happy with my accommodations and the staff. I turned down the upgraded suite and fireworks view rooms because I knew I wouldn’t get any use out of them. I used the ART buses to and from and they worked perfectly and were usually only half full.
- Cafe Orleans, Monte Cristo (5*) Pommes Frites (2*)
Saturday -Max Pass
- Soarin, I got a middle front seat!
- Got a beer at Smoke Jumpers it was the Strawberry Peak Lookout (5*). Even though it wasn’t 12 yet. My bad. Man was it good.
- Watched the big screens while waiting for Animation Academy.
Drew Simba. This experience was a bit ruined for me. A couple brought in a very young rambunctious child (2 or less) and was letting him play on the stairs on the row down from me. These are steep stairs, after the kiddo almost fell the second time the dad took him out. I couldn’t focus until then.
- Cars at night
- Got another beer to wait in line for WOC.
- World of Color Dessert Package. This was AMAZING. My best solo treatment of the whole trip. I ended up getting a table by myself and some pretty great service from a couple of the servers. The sweets were so good.
- Over 35k Steps today!
Beer before noon - I mean, it's 5:00 o'clock somewhere and you are on vacation, right?
Animation Academy - DS14 would not sit still during our trip. I really, really wanted to do this. Next time. Sorry about the parents who did not control their toddler. Manners and common courtesy do not stop being important just because we are on vacation.
Cars at night - YES!
WOC - YES! It WAS amazing! I will never do WOC again w/o a dessert party.
Saturday - Max Pass
- Breakfast Burrito from Galactic Grill (5*) This was an excellent deal for such a filling delicious breakfast.
- Smugglers. Went with a family and a little kid was the pilot and just sat there :/ I did not really enjoy this ride enough to try it again. Also had a gentleman hit on my while in line making me quite uncomfortable. . . It turned out ok and now I can chuckle about a bit.
- Grey Stuff, cause, you know, It’s delicious
- Oga’s. Fuzzy Tonton (4.5*) Outer Rim (5*)
- Lion King Show but I left because it was too hot and no shade
- More Beer
- Hungry Bear Fantasmic dining package. Got the Ribs and they were a negative star. The mashed potatoes were standard the corn was old and hard as a rock.. I am not sure what was wrong with ribs but they just were yucky. The biscuit was inedible as it just crumbled it was so dry. I wish I picked Blue Bayou or River Belle.
- Got hooked up with some butt pads from someone leaving the first show.
- Wow. Fantasmic was awesome!!
Smugglers - On our first ride we two had two little kids piloting. I'm not sure if it's the fact that they kept crashing (although not on purpose) but my motion sickness did not like this ride, at all. I had to giggle at the gentleman trying to hit on you. Are you sure you don't need a rich sugar daddy to support your Disney habit? LOL (;
Grey stuff - Ohhhh! I forgot about this! We only had breakfast there. On my bucket list for next time.
Oga's - I just had a beer. Will need to add the drinks to my bucket list for my next trip.
Lion King show - I agree with you. Terrible location. I feel bad for the performers out in this heat.
More beer - I like how you Disney.
Hungry Bear Fantasmic! dining package - It sounds like Disney just doesn't do BBQ right since this was your second disappointing meal involving BBQ. We currently live in Texas so I figured Disney can't top what we get here at home. I had the salmon with mashed potatoes and veggies. It was delicious. Also, I can't speak highly enough of the location. The Rivers of America might not be a real river, but there is something about eating a meal, in the shade, with a water view.
butt pads - PIXIE DUST!
Fantamic! - Wasn't it amazing?!!!!!!
Sunday - Max Pass / Magic morning.
- Carnation Cafe. Mickey Shaped Waffle (2.5*) Standard waffle. I was one of the first people seated and I am pretty sure I got a premade one. It wasn’t all that warm and the butter was cold so it didn’t melt. Not worth the money to me.