August 2013

Joining in! Right now, our dates are August 21st to September 1st and we are staying at Pop! If I get a PIN or if there is an End of Summer promotion, I might upgrade to a moderate such as POFQ. Right now, we’re looking at about 8 WDW park days, 2 UO days and maybe even a Sea World day. I think we are doing the DDP, but my kids and I love trying new restaurants so much, I keep toying with the idea of DxDP. I’m constantly tweaking plans on my PTR. Does anyone else have a PTR going? I saw only one or two in this thread so far.

but I have returned to work (part time but it's something ;)) and I am really hoping to make it back Aug '13.

It would just be a trip with me and DDs aa this past May trip with DBF was just too difficult. He's not a big Disney fan and I know he tried to put his best face forward, but it just didn't work. :rotfl:

Dates I'm looking at is anytime between 8/24-9/3. I have air miles that will expire Dec 2013 so I need to use them. Have enough only for 3 one ways and will have to buy 3 one ways. Whatever dates will be the least expensive within that time frame is when we will (hopefully) go.

Looking to stay either at POP, AOA or POFQ. Depending on how much I can save and what will be more budget friendly (AAA, room discount or free dining) is where we will stay.

DD4 keeps talking (and I mean everyday) about wanting to go back so I will do my best to fulfill her wish. pixiedust:

Hi all!!!!! I'll be there Aug 25th - 31st.... I have a ressie for POP but i'm 90% sure i'm going to switch to CBR.... YAY more crazed Disney fans like myself....

I officially booked my August 2013 trip with my TA today! I decided to do a cruise the days after my trip, since I was checking out the day one was leaving! I've never been on one before, and the DCL forum convinced me to try it. So, I'll be at All-Star Movies from 8/26-8/29, and sailing 8/29-9/1. I'll tour commando and then rest on the cruise! :thumbsup2

We're in! We skipped this year and can't wait to go back. Our dates will be Aug. 22-31. The first 2 nights will be at Universal and the rest will be at POR. I'm hoping for free dining since we are all Disney adults and my boys eat like adults these days!

We are in as well (and by we I mean me, my DD9, and my DM!) staying at POP August 24th through August 30th. :cheer2::cheer2:

Officially booked!!!

Grand Floridian Aug 30 - Sept 2!!! pixiedust:

Magical Travel has another great exclusive GF or Yacht Club deal for Labor Day!!!!

Oh my word I love this place lol. My husband and I try to go every year and we go in Aug. so we can celebrate our wedding anniversary! When I found out about the dining discount I was so excited!!! I am so VERY much hoping for another dinning special this year when we are there.

I am planning a return trip for August 5 -14, but those dates are not set in stone. I haven't booked yet. Hopefully I will receive a pin code!

I threw out the idea today to have my DSis and DNiece (15 at time of trip) join me and the girls. :goodvibes She had a horrific year going through chemo and radiation for breast cancer so our Aug '12 was pushed back. I'm hopeful we can make it happen for next summer. pixiedust:

poohlover4life said:
Oh my word I love this place lol. My husband and I try to go every year and we go in Aug. so we can celebrate our wedding anniversary! When I found out about the dining discount I was so excited!!! I am so VERY much hoping for another dinning special this year when we are there.

You sound like my husband and I! We started going the 1st week in September in 2010 to celebrate our anniversary and love going then! I would think would be running free dining at that time. This year the BB offer was for free dining, we have never been on the DDP but decided to go ahead and take advantage of the offer. I ran some numbers and on our same exact package (including full price for deluxe dining plan) if we get at least a 35%off it would be worth going with the room discount instead. So now I'm hoping for 35% off room discount, or even better, 40% off!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

mom2clr said:
I threw out the idea today to have my DSis and DNiece (15 at time of trip) join me and the girls. :goodvibes She had a horrific year going through chemo and radiation for breast cancer so our Aug '12 was pushed back. I'm hopeful we can make it happen for next summer. pixiedust:

Sorry to hear that!!! My mom battled cancer for quite a few years so I know how difficult it is to watch a loved one go through all that. Sending some pixie dust your way and some well wishes to your sister!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Sorry to hear that!!! My mom battled cancer for quite a few years so I know how difficult it is to watch a loved one go through all that. Sending some pixie dust your way and some well wishes to your sister!!!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Thank you for the well wishes! :flower3: She is doing so much better now and it was caught early, but it definitely put life into perspective. This trip would be her first (and my niece's) so it's something I really hope we can do.

mom2clr said:
Thank you for the well wishes! :flower3: She is doing so much better now and it was caught early, but it definitely put life into perspective. This trip would be her first (and my niece's) so it's something I really hope we can do.

That's great to hear! Oh yes, it definitely puts life in perspective and reminds you what's important in life!! I hope you all can go, they will love it and it will be memories that everyone will cherish forever!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

We have a possibility of going near the end of August, taking our grandson who will be 8 by then on his first trip to WDW. DH & I are going in Feb. and are hopeful to book a bounce back at WL with a room only discount. We already have no expiration tickets & prefer eating out of pocket.

Just updating my resort. I switched from a POP to All Star Sports. I just love their Surfboard Bay pool!

On Saturday I received a pin in the mail that includes a room only discount for the end of August 2013. DH started laughing because I squealed with excitement. I am calling this week to officially book our trip! :)

somehta said:
On Saturday I received a pin in the mail that includes a room only discount for the end of August 2013. DH started laughing because I squealed with excitement. I am calling this week to officially book our trip! :)

That's awesome!!!! There's still hope for me, haha. I'm going call and see what I can get. We booked a bb offer with free dining and upgraded that to dxddp, still saving a little over $700, BUT even if we got a 30% ro discount we would save $300 more!

Sent from my GalaxyS II

We are going regardless. We will be celebrating our tenth anniversary and my 40th Bday during those two magical weeks in August 2013.

Fingers crossed for some sort of discount and the Dooney and Bourke bag :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter