August 20, 2005 - L.A. to Port Canaveral - Eastbound Repo Cruise - The SHIP OF FOOLS Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Longer in Curacao or arriving earlier at Castaway Cay would be much better. Spending the night when everyone is sleeping in port is stupid.

Who is everyone e-mailing? I'm going to give it some thought for a day or two before I send a message.

Originally posted by invaderzim
WELL, I DON'T THINK IT'S SO GREAT -- in fact, we think it stinks. And here's why....

I just got off the phone with DCL. The CA-FLA cruisers are losing Puerto Quetzel and getting an overnight at Acapulco instead. Dock at 8 a.m. Wednesday and depart 7:30 a.m. on Thursday.

HOWEVER, the FLA-CA cruisers are also losing PQ -- BUT they are getting another port -- Mazatlan!! I would rather have the extra port than the couple of extra hours at Acapulco!! We are all paying the same price and I feel that the August cruisers are getting short changed with this new itinerary.

I have already mailed an email to DCL expressing my disappointment. I feel that both cruises should have the same itinerary and ports!!!!

Still Room on the May Repo..

No really it is a Bummer ...

six hours shorter and one less port..

Im sure This is ALL still in the planning stages...and things will change again...

Peter

Originally posted by Bmwdsny
I agree, now that does STINKS!!!
Why can't we have the exact same route as the Westbounders, it just going the other way??? I don't understand that!!!
I *THINK* you lost Mazatlan as a port because you are losing hours (time change) traveling to FL, as opposed to those of us who are sailing to CA.

I know the idea of it may suck right now, but maybe an extra night in Acapulco will be fun. There's nothing wrong with each cruise being a different experience. I'm sure both itineraries will require tweaking and may change more than once in the months to come. I don't mind the changes so much, and actually do wish we weren't stopping THREE times in Mexico, but whatever. I really want to go through the Canal.

Remember, you can always cancel in March if you don't like the final itinerary and get a full refund!

The mailing address is:

DisneyCruiseVacations
Guest Communications
Post Office Box 10238
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0238

The Email address is:

dcl.guest.communications@disneycruise.com

I called back just now and asked a DCL rep if they would listen to us and she said most definitely. That she suggests lots of letters and emails because even she feels that this decision is outrageous and many reps are already getting phone calls from outraged guests.

So, make your voice heard! Can't stress that enough. Otherwise, like Bmwdsny said, we actually are "at sea" for five straight days because you don't get off in Panama!

I think the problem with that is that it would mess up the times you'd get to the ports in between Acapulco and Castaway Cay.

invaderzim,

Thanks for providing the addresses. I don't think we need to get nasty with DCL but I do think we should voice our concerns.

I agree, there will probably be many changes and tweeks to the itinerary before anything is set in stone, so we need to voice those concerns early enough to give DCL time to react.

Making the arrangement to stop at a port takes lots of negotiating and planning between the cruise lines and the ports. It's not all that easy just to say "we'll be stopping by on such and such a date".

I honestly believe DCL will do all in their power to make our cruise the best they can.

I guess I don't understand the problem! When we signed up for the 14 day cruise, we knew there were going to be a lot of sea days, but I think most of us considered the travel through the canal the highlight of the trip. Suddenly, we are calling it "another sea day". And then we add them up and now have 5 miserable sea days in a row! I plan on enjoying them!

If you look at the info on our old stop- Puerto Whatever its name was- we were only there about 5 hours in a port with nothing to see and any good excursions too far away to do while we sat there. So really, it was a sea day without moving. Which made it 5 1/2 miserable days at sea - even worse than the new itinerary.

The one blessing out of all this was Twhipple's revelation that our cruise is 6 hours shorter than the other guys - at least I know I will have six less miseable sea hours than them!

I think we need to lighten up! We got a great deal on a once ( well, maybe twice) in a lifetime experience. I find experiences like this are a whole lot more fun when I'm not all peed off at someone/something.

Besides, while we are suffering thru all those sea days at least we know that Castaway Cay is still ahead. Those poor wesbound sailors will be finished with CC before they have to face their misery-at-sea!! They got nothing to look forward too!!!

Happy Sailing!!!

Hey izzinmac, you don't mind if I hijack this thread do ya? I haven't been here lately but a "miserable day at sea" on DCL sure beats a "a good day at work" anyday!!!!

Frankly, I don't care where, when or if we stop. I'm on board to enjoy the Panama Canal passage and the Disney Magic for 14 days!

Paul

Originally posted by izzinmac
I guess I don't understand the problem! When we signed up for the 14 day cruise, we knew there were going to be a lot of sea days, but I think most of us considered the travel through the canal the highlight of the trip. Suddenly, we are calling it "another sea day". And then we add them up and now have 5 miserable sea days in a row! I plan on enjoying them!

Happy Sailing!!!

There is a difference when you have sea day every other port days than to have 5 Sea days in a row...Will i be miserable?? NO, i will have fun and plan to have fun on those Sea Days...
I just feel that DCL can come up with a better idea with regarding dropping a port and come up with a reasonable accomodation...Plus part of the fare we are paying is based on Port fees....

I just think that it is a waste to be docked overnight while everyone is sleeping. I'd rather be at a port-- any port.

Hey Ron - thought you were gonna be on one of these 14 dayers. Not sure this is the group for you though - they are a bunch of Zinfandel drinkers- not as classy as you!!!
Bob

Actually I tried to sighn up but you know they ran out of "my flavor" on OUR sailing by Wednesday....do you really think they would have enough f 14 days??? LOL

Jazzman, is JGE offering any hair removal procedures in your spa services? My wife keeps complaining that she hates cleaning up after me in the shower. Here's a before shot...Mark

Harry.jpg

Originally posted by Bmwdsny
There is a difference when you have sea day every other port days than to have 5 Sea days in a row...Will i be miserable?? NO, i will have fun and plan to have fun on those Sea Days...
I just feel that DCL can come up with a better idea with regarding dropping a port and come up with a reasonable accomodation...Plus part of the fare we are paying is based on Port fees....

Go for it, Melinda!! In the meantime I'll just keep talkin to my old buddy, Lampskies from my last cruise!! Keep up the good work and maybe save us all a few bucks!!

Happy Sailing,

Hey Ron, we tried to tell you to pace yourself last time. But I agree 14 days of pacing would drive you to drink!!

Originally posted by LAMPSKIES
Hey izzinmac, you don't mind if I hijack this thread do ya? I haven't been here lately but a "miserable day at sea" on DCL sure beats a "a good day at work" anyday!!!!

HERE HERE!

I'll :drinking1 to that!

Scratch
pirate:

Originally posted by izzinmac
Go for it, Melinda!! In the meantime I'll just keep talkin to my old buddy, Lampskies from my last cruise!! Keep up the good work and maybe save us all a few bucks!!

Do i sense sarcasm??;)

I still haven't given up on one of these sailings......as you see izzinmac we did switch to the 11/20/04 Western. We just baught another house and had to make a noncontingent offer........so now i have 2! So hopefully we will sell the old one and use that equity for the repositioning cruise. DCL told me they expect cancellations at the 60 day mark when balances are due. 5 days at sea???????? Isn't that what our one days felt like with 26 foot waves?? 5 days worth!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter