Attractions thyat are different day/night

nurseberta

DIS Veteran
Trying to come up with a list of attractions that are worth it to ride once in daylight and another in the evening.

So far I have
Astro orbiter
7DMT
BTMR

SDD
ToT

EE
Kali river
Safari

any that I forgot? or other experiences that are different depending on time of day?

TIA

MK:
Jungle Cruise
Peoplemover
Dumbo
Aladdin’s flying carpets

EPCOT:
Test Track (at sunset it’s so cool)
I would assume Living with the land with the glass roofs

DHS:
I’m pretty sure you got all of them but I will agree riding ToT at night is EPIC

AK:
Rafikis planet watch train (tho that might not count depending on the the time of day it closes)

One of these days I want to attend an after party at TL those look like fun

MK:
Jungle Cruise
Peoplemover
Dumbo
Aladdin’s flying carpets

EPCOT:
Test Track (at sunset it’s so cool)
I would assume Living with the land with the glass roofs

DHS:
I’m pretty sure you got all of them but I will agree riding ToT at night is EPIC

AK:
Rafikis planet watch train (tho that might not count depending on the the time of day it closes)

One of these days I want to attend an after party at TL those look like fun
Thanks, good ones! Forgot one of my Fav's, peoplemover!! Can you see anything on the jungle cruise?
and what is TL?

It's great to do the Pandora rides at night not because of the rides themselves but because it's wonderful to walk out of either ride into the darkness. Pandora is quite beautiful then.
Oh yes, I have never been in the evening, so I have an evening planned just to spend in Pandora!! I am so excited

This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I like the Haunted Mansion at night as my eyes are better adjusted to the dark and I can see much more. During the day, I wear my sunglasses, close my eyes in the stretching room and also close my eyes when the picture is taken in the first hallway because of the flash.

Thanks, good ones! Forgot one of my Fav's, peoplemover!! Can you see anything on the jungle cruise?
and what is TL?
Jungle cruise you really can’t see certain things but depending on your skipper it can be very fun. And People mover at sunset is awesome too for pictures of the castle!

TL is Typhoon Lagoon :)

This might not be exactly what you are looking for, but I like the Haunted Mansion at night as my eyes are better adjusted to the dark and I can see much more. During the day, I wear my sunglasses, close my eyes in the stretching room and also close my eyes when the picture is taken in the first hallway because of the flash.
I second this, and all other dark rides especially people mover going through Space Mountain.

Some of the rides mentioned might not be open at night, depending on the time of year you go.

Safari closes before the park does and so does the train to Rafiki's
LWTL is great at night but for some reason, it's not always open.

My favs have already been mentioned - BTMRR, especially if you can catch it at FWs time. SDD HS is beautiful all lit up. Love, love, love ToT at night when that window opens up its beautiful, bonus the gardens are kind of spooky as you walk through.

Some of the rides mentioned might not be open at night, depending on the time of year you go.

Safari closes before the park does and so does the train to Rafiki's
LWTL is great at night but for some reason, it's not always open.

My favs have already been mentioned - BTMRR, especially if you can catch it at FWs time. SDD HS is beautiful all lit up. Love, love, love ToT at night when that window opens up its beautiful, bonus the gardens are kind of spooky as you walk through.
I'm going next month but your post makes me want to go NOW!

In all my years of going, I have never actually ridden Astro Orbiter, day or night. I would assume it would only be worth it at night. Maybe I finally need to ride it. 😂

Well - the obvious and simple answer is any ride that is outdoors . . .

But one lesser known one is Smuggler's Run. Despite it being indoors on video - it takes place during daytime during the day and then nighttime at night . . . most people don't even notice it . . .

In all my years of going, I have never actually ridden Astro Orbiter, day or night. I would assume it would only be worth it at night. Maybe I finally need to ride it. 😂
It is pretty cool. I think the elevator and no g+ make it one that people breeze by

But one lesser known one is Smuggler's Run. Despite it being indoors on video - it takes place during daytime during the day and then nighttime at night . . . most people don't even notice it . . .
this is very cool!

Rise of the Resistance is the same way during the take off and landing scenes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter