ATM FEES?

I think the ATM at Aulani is owned by Chase, so if you are a Chase customer it is free. If not a customer, the fee is probably $3-$5 from Chase plus whatever (if anything) your bank charges for using a different bank's ATM. Check your account terms though - some waive all or a portion of ATM fees.

LOL... The ABC stores is the acronym for "Always Bring Cash".
Just make sure the person at the register knows how to make change!!!

Relatedly, also keep in mind that none of the big banks (e.g., Bank of America, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo) have locations or ATMs in Hawaii, with the exception of the Chase ATMs at Aulani. If you plan to use cash, and aren't a Chase customer, bring enough from home or you'll likely find yourself paying fees to Chase or one of the many local banks (Bank of Hawaii, First Hawaiian Bank, American Savings, Territorial Savings, etc.) to use their ATMs.

Our bank refunds up to 8 foreign ATM machine withdrawal fees a month. I would check to make sure your bank refunds some portions of the fees. We hardly ever utilize an ATM given credit cards.

Relatedly, also keep in mind that none of the big banks (e.g., Bank of America, Chase, Citi, Wells Fargo) have locations or ATMs in Hawaii, with the exception of the Chase ATMs at Aulani. If you plan to use cash, and aren't a Chase customer, bring enough from home or you'll likely find yourself paying fees to Chase or one of the many local banks (Bank of Hawaii, First Hawaiian Bank, American Savings, Territorial Savings, etc.) to use their ATMs.

Those fees are pretty high (ouch!) We are there for 10 days and I was trying to bring a limited amount of cash with me, with plans to just pull it out as we go. Might just need to bring larger bills and have the front desk break them as plan B.

When we ran low on cash I just started using my debit card to get cash back with purchase where ever I could. Buying a package of goldfish at the grocery store cost less than the foreign atm fees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!