• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Athlete New Shoes - Blisters

belle22

Mouseketeer
DD has new vball shoes. She usually gets blisters on new HS Sport shoes. But this time they are worse. What do you use on blisters?

I am not an athlete. But at Disney I use moleskin (which comes in 2 different thicknesses) on areas where I am prone to getting blisters.

I've always used moleskin. I buy it in rolled up sheets instead of the smaller rectangles...I'd rather cut my own size. I also cut the piece a lot bigger than the size of the blister for better coverage. Son is a runner (6th grade through senior in college), and he has a roll in his backpack. I've found the roll in Target, but Amazon carries a variety.

I've always used moleskin. I buy it in rolled up sheets instead of the smaller rectangles...I'd rather cut my own size. I also cut the piece a lot bigger than the size of the blister for better coverage. Son is a runner (6th grade through senior in college), and he has a roll in his backpack. I've found the roll in Target, but Amazon carries a variety.
I've never seen rolls! I buy it in packs and cut it myself.

Feetures socks. I am blister prone on my feet and they work great. Even with new shoes.
100% agree. I love these socks! They solved my blister problem at Disney when nothing else worked. They are expensive, but worth it to solve the blister issue.

For future reference- -- get her Body Glide and have her use it all over her feet every time she gets a new pair of shoes. I am very blister prone and used to get blisters every time I got a new pair of any kind of shoes-- I haven't had even one little blister since I started using it. I use it the first few times I wear a new pair of shoes until they are broken in. We've been using it for probably 10 years at WDW and DLR and none of my family has gotten a blister at the parks since we started using it either.

For blisters she already has--- those blister aid band-aids that are padded or have gel in them.

Believe it or not...Desitin(or another type of zinc oxide based diaper rash cream). I play soccer and it helps tremendously.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter