AT&T budget busting

I hate to be a Debbie Downer but the likely hood of AT&T/Verizon ect releasing a contracted Smartphone with NO data requirement is almost none. (However if you have an AT&T Gophone Plan (prepaid) you can operate ANY AT&T smartphone on it without having data).

The reason you see so many unlimited calling/texting plans while data costs are still almost as much if not more is because we are moving to a data centered market. Most people in modern society at least have a basic cell phone for calling. The cellphone companies however still need to find a way to gain new activations and features since they make little to nothing on the actual cellphones. This is in part why we see tablets, wireless homephone, and smartphones being so largely promoted by cellphone companies.

So if your looking to lower your monthly cost, dont need data, 4G speeds, and your out of contract moving to a goPhone plan (on AT&T) paying $25 a month for unlimited text, 250 minutes, and using Data only on wifi may save you some money and you can keep your phone number and existing device.

I hate change, and it scares me.... but:eek: I need to do omething... the gophone works anywhere? We have At & T, and live in a small one horse town, not many companies work up here... And if we do change to the gophone, can we take our number with us? We've had them forever and Id hate to change(about 8 years now),,,

I hate change, and it scares me.... but:eek: I need to do omething... the gophone works anywhere? We have At & T, and live in a small one horse town, not many companies work up here... And if we do change to the gophone, can we take our number with us? We've had them forever and Id hate to change(about 8 years now),,,

The "GoPhone" is an AT&T owned/operated prepaid brand, meaning if your AT&T contract phone works fine where you are, this one will, too...

I have been thinking about switching from US cellular to straight talk but I too hate change. lol We are on a very old plan with easyedge. My DH and DS would love to have a smartphone but not willing to pay the prices for service. With straight talk, it appears you can get the unlimited talk/text/data for $45per month.
Anyone have any negatives about this plan? Service, data services..are they all on par with the cell phone companys service? I thought about getting a phone and plan just to try it out before we ditch our US cellular plan but that is a little bit of $$ for just a trial and error kinda thing.

Note that we just have fairly cheap phones now. I think something like the LG freedom slide phone or something like that. So shouldn't be hard to find something better. :)
Any advice?
Thanks.

Is it really necessary for everyone in your family to text and use the internet that much that you need an expensive contract? We have two flip phones and one smartphone and pay a total $85 a month. If I need to talk with someone I just call them no need to type a text and spend the extra money a month when I can complete the task with a simple phone call. Same with the internet if it can wait till I can get home fine if it is that important we have one smartphone I can use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter