At Poly now---monorail closed from 11-6!

Disney knew this was coming and did'nt let people know on purpose. They would have probably lost out on some reservations during this time frame. Its all about the bottom dollar. They know that the DVC construction next year will most likely have a negative impact on the poly's numbers but that just isn't something they can keep hush hush there.

We are going to the GF in December and only because of the monorail access. We usually stay at y&B. we are not looking for relaxing slow boat rides. My wife hates using those boats to the GF. The monorail is a selling point and people should be compensated. To those who say "things happen". Wrong. They know the construction schedule. No different than a rehab on a ride. Show it on the web site and let people decide if they want to stay there with limited monorail availability. Like many, no most corporations who have you under their thumb. Profits are taking priority over customer service.

Maybe I missed this somewhere but I'm assuming that this is only the resort monorail, not the Express or the EPCOT one, correct? Our past several stays, CR and Polynesian, the monorail has truly been more aggravation than anything. One stay I recall my husband and younger daughter being delayed about a quarter of the way from EPCOT heading toward the TTC in the evening. The delay was 45 minutes or so too in the evening. We check in on Monday, will have a car so it's not a big problem for us and EPCOT, it really is often quicker to drive anyway. For MK we prefer the resort launches

Arent the monorails bidirectional? Simply run the monorail back and forth from Poly to MK, avoiding the GF construction all together. Doesn't solve the problem for GF but does for Poly and Contemp.

you'd only be able to have 1 monorail at a time on the track. you can't have monorails going in different directions on the same track

Disney knew this was coming and did'nt let people know on purpose. They would have probably lost out on some reservations during this time frame. Its all about the bottom dollar. They know that the DVC construction next year will most likely have a negative impact on the poly's numbers but that just isn't something they can keep hush hush there.

They probably have a general idea of when they have to close down the monorail, but specific days wouldn't be known until close to the date. Construction doesn't run on a perfect schedule.

Yes they can. Every convenience is subject to availability. And it is very rare for Disney to offer monetary compensation for a resort amenity being out of service, let alone offer it for one that is still in partial service. It isn't totally unavailable, only part of the time and only part of the whole beam. I'm not saying I would be happy about it, but it would only be a small hiccup. There are other ways to get to the MK, and quite frankly, more reliable ways.

Honestly, I would take the boat. The monorail has been having more than its fair share of issues.

I disagree.

You can't defend and apologize on Disney's behalf for everything.

OP should have been told ahead of time.

A lot of families with kids pay big bucks to stay at the Poly for convenience of monorail for afternoon naps and breaks.

There are other ways to get to the MK but if OP would have known the monorail was going to be closed every afternoon they would have probably picked somewhere else instead of the Poly.

We are going to the GF in December and only because of the monorail access. We usually stay at y&B. we are not looking for relaxing slow boat rides. My wife hates using those boats to the GF. The monorail is a selling point and people should be compensated. To those who say "things happen". Wrong. They know the construction schedule. No different than a rehab on a ride. Show it on the web site and let people decide if they want to stay there with limited monorail availability. Like many, no most corporations who have you under their thumb. Profits are taking priority over customer service.

Yep!

Very unhappy, just got a flier under the door saying it's bus service (or boat) from 11-6 that the monorail is down for construction. Called front desk and they were unaware of a flier going out. Talked with a manager and may move to POR. I didn't pay big $ to ride the bus.

To each their own, but your really thinking of going though all that bother to change resorts just for 7 hours of construction work??.....what is that 1 trip to the MK?.

Seems extreme to me, but that is only my opinion.

AKK

Afraid not, the maintenance work does not run like a clock. They likely knew the maintenance work was going to be don, but not likely the day and time until the last day.

This could also have been a emergency thing.

AKK

Sorry,,,,,,WRONG.....they often know the days when major work is done over a period of days and even then days change.

AKK

you should get a credit for you days it is closed.....last year the lights went out at animal kindom lodge when we were there and they gave us a credit for 1 day.tell them you want a credit and don't take anything less your staying at that resort for a reason and they cant provide you with that than you ARE OWED SOMETHING....just don't be nasty and DONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER.....

To each their own, but your really thinking of going though all that bother to change resorts just for 7 hours of construction work??.....what is that 1 trip to the MK?. Seems extreme to me, but that is only my opinion. AKK

7 hours a day for approximately 2 weeks....doesn't seem extreme to me to be upset and want to switch if the OP main reason for booking was monorail access. The OP already came back and said they decided to stay at the Poly and make the best of it.

Honestly, I'd be miffed too if I was ever to spend the money on a monorail resort to not have access to the monorail.

Let's be honest, people were getting $15/day credit for a fridge, there's no reason they couldn't be given something for not having a featured major transportation service for a big chunk of the day.

It would bother me, and its absolutely the reason why I haven't been able to book a monorail resort with all of the various construction projects. You are paying extra for that amenity.

I'll stick with the Epcot resorts for now. My feet are pretty reliable. :goodvibes

Add me to the miffed list too. Monorail access is the main reason we're choosing the Poly for our MK days because we're traveling with two babies. And 11am-6pm is exactly when we'd need the monorail for nap time after lunch and a return trip to MK. I agree that you should always be polite when voicing complaints, but I'd expect some kind of concession. Ideally, I'd want to be moved to the CR so we could walk to MK if necessary.

Add me to the miffed list too. Monorail access is the main reason we're choosing the Poly for our MK days because we're traveling with two babies. And 11am-6pm is exactly when we'd need the monorail for nap time after lunch and a return trip to MK. I agree that you should always be polite when voicing complaints, but I'd expect some kind of concession. Ideally, I'd want to be moved to the CR so we could walk to MK if necessary.

You can take the express monorail to the TTC and walk to the Poly from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter