At Poly now---monorail closed from 11-6!

You can take the express monorail to the TTC and walk to the Poly from there.

The point is while someone *can* do that, they paid extra money so they don't *have* to. It would surprise me if Disney didn't compensate the people who voiced a complaint, honestly. I don't expect them to make the compensation easy or well known, but as I stated before, they gave the fridge credit to those that knew to ask, I see this being the same way.

The point is while someone *can* do that, they paid extra money so they don't *have* to. It would surprise me if Disney didn't compensate the people who voiced a complaint, honestly. I don't expect them to make the compensation easy or well known, but as I stated before, they gave the fridge credit to those that knew to ask, I see this being the same way.

Yes, but smallsy said that she'd want to be moved to the CR so that she could walk to the MK if necessary. I was just pointing out that even with the resort monorail down, the express monorail is an option (and I think the walk from the TTC is no worse than the walk between MK and CR). Besides, even with the monorail runnning, you still have to walk to get to the monorail, including up a long ramp.

Everyone always expects compensation for something that doesn't go their way,but then next time might be the ones benefiting from what the construction was for:rolleyes1 Why come on the DIS and post if you already made up your mind about wanting compensation?

Everyone always expects compensation for something that doesn't go their way,but then next time might be the ones benefiting from what the construction was for:rolleyes1 Why come on the DIS and post if you already made up your mind about wanting compensation?

While I am normally on board with the "people have their hands out too often for minor inconveniences" train (such as the fridge escapade), this one is different for me. Mind you, I literally have no dog in the fight as we're staying at Pop, lol. However, if I paid far too much for a hotel room being under the impression that I was staying at a Monorail resort, I'd be pretty frosted that they pulled the plug. Had the change been announced in advance (allowing people the opportunity to adjust expectations/change reservations/etc) or heck, even at check-in, I might feel different. However, slipping a flyer under a door (and hoping no one minds) seems kind of chicken to me.

I don't think it should be a drastic compensation (as the monorail is going to be working during the heavy traffic periods), but I feel that there should be *something* done to soften the blow for people.

But, as I said, I really don't have a dog in the fight, it was just interesting to me.

They didn't "pull the plug". At least it's 11 to 6 for 2 weeks rather than full time for 1 week. Fewer people are affected during the peak times this way. Stuff happens. One time I was at BWV and the pool filter broke, they had to drain the pool and it was closed a couple of weeks. So they were using golf carts to take guests over to YC/BC. Or there's scheduled pool maintenance and they offer another resort. Or a favorite ride is closed. In this case, they are offering alternate transportation for those hours. For as much as it's been breaking down, you might be better off. Wouldn't be happy but wouldn't demand compensation or move to another resort.

You didn;t pay all that money to ride the bus...but you're going to move to POR which ONLY has bus service?

Who is riding the monorail from 11-6? That's when most folks are IN a park. Besides, taking the launch boat from the POly is relaxing, beautiful and pretty fast. As is the FIVE minute walk to the TTC to grab the express monorail (if it's running).

Something ain't quite right about all this...

I agree with this ^^^
Also, Are you only going to go to MK? Wouldn't you have to take a bus to the other parks??

Stop attacking the OP. she should absolutely be miffed that the monorail at her MONORAIL resort is out of service. And I would certainly be expecting compensation.

Now, please tell me the exact dates on the flyer. We have multiple dining reservations at MK resort hotels from 10/13 on and planned to ride bus to MK and then use those resort monorails. Probably mostly after 6pm, but we had planned to go early one evening to do our " drink around MK resorts tour". Please advise exact dates. Thanks!

My mom and I are going next week and this is a big blow. My mom has mobility issues an will use an ECV, so no boats. Getting on and off the bus can be a pain and only so many people with disabilities can go on a single bus. I hope they have enough buses to Epcot (and not just to TTC) and to the other monorail resorts for ADR's. My mom will go back for a mid day rest, so this timing is an issue.

That stinks. That's when they should be giving people discounts off their stay or a gift card or something. Part of the staying at a monorail resort is the monorail.

No they shouldn't. WDW doesn't take a day off. Things need to be maintained. And new construction inevitably will happen.
The safety of the those workers takes precedence over guests enjoyment.

What WDW should have done is NOTIFY everyone prior to their arrival in advance so guests could choose to move to another resort. But then again, they might be at the mercy of the construction crews time line.

Obviously those that think Disney can predict months in advance a construction situation that would affect the monorail have never dealt with large scale construction.

Things change daily, they might have a guess as to when they think it might happen but nothing absolute until closer to time.

Say they notify everyone months in advance and delays push it back, then someone else is upset they cancelled their monorail resort and it did not happen. Or it happens before the notification. Do they stop construction on a million dollar project to wait until the announced time frame. :confused3

There honestly is no way for them to win.

I'm curious as to what people actually want that will compensate for this. I'd be annoyed too but can't really think of anything that would make up for it.

I'm curious as to what people actually want that will compensate for this. I'd be annoyed too but can't really think of anything that would make up for it.

Nothing will really make up for it. However if you throw enough money at some people they will pretend that makes it better.

The one caveat to this specific situation is ttc (with express monos to mk and ep and large ferries to mk) still available - and walk comparable to regular resort mono station, particularly in an ecv. But I get the general notion that a reduced experience can merit some reward.

will be checking in today and honestly, staying at the Polynesian, walking over to TTC is simpler for us than walking to GCH, going up to second level and standing in line to wait to board. I guess if it was my first stay there it might bother me more but right now, I'm okay as long as I can still catch the EPCOT train and boat to MK or express to MK

They have to do maintenance sometimes.... Would you rather one day of inconvenience or problems with the monorail? Who knows, maybe there was a major problem that could have caused an accident.

Maybe I am in the minority, but your at Disney at an awesome resort.:cool1: Why complain?

I think since people pay a lot of money to stay at the Poly FOR the monorail to the MK that they could close it at night when parks are closed. Disney is famous for working at night when guests aren't around so this should be no different. I am staying at the Poly on Sunday and just found out last night on these boards that there will be no monorail during key hours to the MK. Very disappointing.

You didn;t pay all that money to ride the bus...but you're going to move to POR which ONLY has bus service?

Who is riding the monorail from 11-6? That's when most folks are IN a park. Besides, taking the launch boat from the POly is relaxing, beautiful and pretty fast. As is the FIVE minute walk to the TTC to grab the express monorail (if it's running).

Something ain't quite right about all this...

We don't go to the parks in the am. We spend most of our days at the Poly pool before going to the parks in the early evening. We can't take the launch because you cannot take ECVs on them. We will have to walk over to the TTC each time we want to use the monorail to the MK. Not a deal breaker but inconvenient. I think everyone staying that week could have been notified in advance so that there is time for alternative places to stay if they wanted.

1) We stayed at The Grand (as CM's call it) during the Grand Floridian DVC construction.
2) The monorail was shutdown from 11:00am-6:00pm
. . . the notice gave those as "possible" hours
. . . most of the time, the monorail was only shutdown for 2-4 hours
3) There was only a minor inconvenience
. . . we always took the boat during monorail shutdown periods
. . . the put on extra boats on the construction days
. . . there was also a bus if we wished to use it
4) Yes, some people REALLY complained
. . . some were extremely vocal and boisterous
. . . the managers just looked at them and let them spout
. . . then, the manager said there was nothing to be done
. . . no cash compensation or other comp's
. . . however, the guest had the right to move to another resort

5) PERSONALLY SPEAKING
. . . we couldn't see the reason for the loud complaints
. . . things happen
. . . sure, a minor inconvenience, but only during the afternoon
. . . however, the boat was a good alliterative, and they were frequent
. . . people could/should be more flexible
. . . it is just a "speed bump on the road of life"

For the extra boat launches provided, were they ECV friendly? We wouldn't mind as much if the boats used allowed ECVS. So far we have never seen one go to the Poly that an ECV can board.

We are due to arrive 10/15 and stay for 7 nights. We always come back to our room mid-day to rest with our small children. My husband called Poly to ask if discount would be offered for monorail unavailable days, and they said "no." Well, we have a couple days left to cancel this trip. No room at Wilderness Lodge. This is very disappointing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter