At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

I'm seriously considering this option.....

Which side is being worked on? We came in on the DTD/Epcot side on our first trip, but both times since have come in on Western Way. We always plan to do Western Way from now on regardless of where we are staying because the traffic is so much better on that side! However, I could probably be persuaded to go back to the trafficky side if going my favorite way meant missing driving under the arch.

Which side is being worked on? We came in on the DTD/Epcot side on our first trip, but both times since have come in on Western Way. We always plan to do Western Way from now on regardless of where we are staying because the traffic is so much better on that side! However, I could probably be persuaded to go back to the trafficky side if going my favorite way meant missing driving under the arch.
I'm going to have to do more research to find out!

No, no free Pre-K here (except for in Title 1 areas). The state only pays for half day kinder as well, but most districts cover the difference for full day. I am going to be rich with hardly any childcare costs next year- haha! The kids will go to early care at their school and then they will ride the bus "home." I say that because in reality, they ride the bus to the stop that is just across the main road from my school and I pick them up there. It is one of the later stops so I am able to make it in time. Basically... the bus is my aftercare! There was a time where they were going to have to add a second bus, which would have made their ride much shorter, making it impossible for me to get there in time. We let out at the same time. But, luckily, they never did. I am worried it might for next year, so they are signed up for aftercare because it fills up, but hopefully I can drop it and still use the bus.

So I found out that was a fake or old photo. Thank goodness!

No, no free Pre-K here (except for in Title 1 areas). The state only pays for half day kinder as well, but most districts cover the difference for full day. I am going to be rich with hardly any childcare costs next year- haha! The kids will go to early care at their school and then they will ride the bus "home." I say that because in reality, they ride the bus to the stop that is just across the main road from my school and I pick them up there. It is one of the later stops so I am able to make it in time. Basically... the bus is my aftercare! There was a time where they were going to have to add a second bus, which would have made their ride much shorter, making it impossible for me to get there in time. We let out at the same time. But, luckily, they never did. I am worried it might for next year, so they are signed up for aftercare because it fills up, but hopefully I can drop it and still use the bus.
We get pre-k free bc of the lottery here. And we've had full day Kinder since my 40 year old brother went (I'm 43 and I had half day so I just missed it). We barely pay anything bc my parents keep my boys (which is a lifesaver). We do pay $185 a month for Will's church preschool (3 days a week, 4 hours a day) and $30 a week for AJ's food cost at pre-k....which is fairly ridiculous as it's cheaper to eat at public school. I'm also (semi) fortunate that my DH doesn't have to be at work til 11am so he has the boys in the AM and takes them to school. But that means he works til 7pm and has an hour commute so I do the evenings by myself.

I'm glad the bus situation works out for you and I hope it continues to do so!

That's amazing! I was paying $342 a week for years! After daycare... I brought home about $400/ month. Basically I taught for my insurance. Not the kids... just mine. And my mom even took one kid twice a week. Now I pay $190 a week for one, $80 a month for early care for the other. So I'll be rich in just six more months- haha!

That's amazing! I was paying $342 a week for years! After daycare... I brought home about $400/ month. Basically I taught for my insurance. Not the kids... just mine. And my mom even took one kid twice a week. Now I pay $190 a week for one, $80 a month for early care for the other. So I'll be rich in just six more months- haha!
That would be rough! I'm glad you are "getting a raise" next year...lol. I won't have to pay the $30 a week for AJ to eat but I'll have to pay for his lunch at school or he'll bring lunch (which he says he wants to do). Even if I pay, I think lunch is like 2.25 a day, which is WAY less than $30 a week. So I get a mini raise...haha.

Hopefully I will remember all the changes I have made but, most likely, I won't...lol. Like after I posted my update last night about stuff I had bought, I remembered something else I bought and said to myself that I would just put it in the update for tonight, but of course, I forgot what it was already! HA!
This is seriously the story of my life!

Google maps says 6 hrs 45 minutes, so with stops 7-9.
Man, to be 7 hours from Disney... My DH would kill me, I would want to go all the time!

Anyway, I love how he chimes in about plans now...after they are all done and stuff.
Ugh. Boys! it's because they can't wrap there heads around it so far out. >:(

I'll probably be ready for a beverage at this point! Who am I kidding...not probably...definitely. Anyway, I love how he chimes in about plans now...after they are all done and stuff.
Most DEF!!!! :drinking::drinking1Depending on how hot it is, we usually just watch the girls swim while the adults enjoy a beverage. Which is great with the splash area! Your boys are still little enough to go in, too.

Not an official update or anything, but guys, I just did online registration for AJ for Kindergarten!!! I'm sort of freaking out over here. He can't be old enough for K can he???
So Exciting and scary all at the same time! There is a bit of the "free" education / not paying so much for daycare dance that needs to be done. But then you realize that means your little baby is getting too big!!!

This is seriously the story of my life!
Yep! LOL

Man, to be 7 hours from Disney... My DH would kill me, I would want to go all the time!
I seriously need a Disney fund so I can! Truthfully, once I have those APs for 2019/2020, it is on! LOL

Ugh. Boys! it's because they can't wrap there heads around it so far out. :(
Truth!

Most DEF!!!! :drinking::drinking1Depending on how hot it is, we usually just watch the girls swim while the adults enjoy a beverage. Which is great with the splash area! Your boys are still little enough to go in, too.
Yeh, this is my plan. My only issue is I don't think there are any tables with umbrellas in the Splash area at WL. It's just chairs or lounges and it will be so hot AND I'm a fair-skinned redhead. Here's hoping the beverages keep me cool! LOL. Last year, at SSR, they had tables with umbrellas and I still had to go sit in the splash pad water a few times.

So Exciting and scary all at the same time! There is a bit of the "free" education / not paying so much for daycare dance that needs to be done. But then you realize that means your little baby is getting too big!!!
Exactly!

Food Budget Done...

...among other things! But first things first. Friday, I finally buckled down and got my food budget done. Some of you may remember that I had printed out menus and had my DH look at them and pick what he will most likely order. Then I looked at them and picked what I will most likely order for myself and the boys. Then I went through the menus on Disney and wrote down the costs. I added up each meals costs, added in tax and then tips where necessary (TS). So then I added all that up (I didn't do alcoholic beverages or snacks because those are harder to predict). Anyway, after all that, I added up the total including two refillable mugs and boy, was I happy! It was not nearly as much as I thought it would be. Yay! More money for alcohol, snacks, and souvenirs - and I may have pre-bought one of those today....but I'm getting ahead of myself!

So after I did all that and was in a good mood, I decided to see if the dining plan would be cheaper. To do the comparison, I had to take one QS off my OOP total because I had one too many for the DDP (and yes, I took off the cheapest one). Then I had to add more mugs to the OOP amount since we would get one per person on the DDP (though I wouldn't get one per person without the DDP because we don't need that many), and I added in $10 a day per person for snacks (average $5 per snack x 2). It's not completely comparing apples to apples because OOP, we wouldn't buy exactly the same items as on the DDP, however, that is kind of the point! OOP I might just get a app or two, or an app and a dessert as opposed to an entree. The boys will share QS meals because they don't need one each. In the end, I determined the dining plan would be a little cheaper (but that includes extra mugs we wouldn't need) so I figured it would be close to breaking even and we could eat exactly as we want to. Comparison done!

But then, this morning, I realized I had already added in tip to the OOP amount! I didn't go back through and take that out and re-compare but with 8 TS meals, it's obvious that paying OOP is actually going to end up being cheaper for us, and, as I said above, we will get to eat as we want to! More yay!!

Moving on, I started looking at Accuweather for our trip. Fairly typical temps in the 90's. Not much else to report there.

I'm thinking of buying the Heads Up App for my phone for something to keep us occupied in lines and waiting for stuff. Apparently you can pay extra to make your own things to guess and I saw Joe of See Ya Reel Soon (Disney vloggers) made one with Disney characters...so I might try to do that. Though I don't know what all is involved in that...so who knows if I'll get to that or not. LOL.

I ended up finally going through all the WS menus to decide on WS drinks and snacks I would like to try. Definitely going to plan on a slushie from France, but I would really like to try both - Grey Goose and Grand Marnier - to do a comparison! I've had one before and I think it was the Grey Goose but that was 2012 so I'll just need to try them both to get a fair comparison done. It's a hard job, I know...but someone has to do it right?? HAHA. Another must try is, at least, one margarita from La Cava. There are several on the list I would like to try, so one is definitely the minimum! The other three drinks I wrote down from WS are the Peach Schnapps from Joy of Tea, the Sake Mist from Kabuki Cafe, and the Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen from Sommerfest. I did also write down an adult slushie from Test Track Cool Wash. There are several flavors from there that sound good, albeit basic. But that would be for our Monday (FW) half day and not our Thursday (mostly WS) full day.

Like AK, the list is long, so I doubt I will get to have all those, but it's good to have goals right??? HAHA

As far as snacks, the Cronut from the Refreshment Port (even though I am not a fan of cinnamon, I still think I have to try this), the Berry Cream Puff or the Troll Horn from Kringla Bakeri, Crepes from France, a funnel cake and The American Dream from The American Pavilion, and some flavored popcorn from the cart between The Land and the Imagination pavilion (yes, we are getting the refillable popcorn bucket).

The ears I ordered came in the mail today!
ears.JPG
I tried to get some universal type ones that would go with all my outfits because I didn't know if I would be buying anymore...and I'm still not sure if I will or not. Those are fairly tight on my head...so I am thinking maybe I would wear those for photos and wear my regular ouchless headbands the rest of the time? If only I was talented enough to make my own, I would do it with the ouchless kind so I could wear them all the time. I still may try another company, just to see if they will be as tight, but I'm not certain and I am running out of time.

Now, onto my pre-bought souvenir (or whatever I am telling myself to justify the purchase...lol):
BATB_medSLtote_front.jpg
Isn't she a beauty (no pun intended)?? It is a Beauty and the Beast Harvey! I joined a FB group awhile back when I was searching for my first Disney Dooney and it is actually a Disney Dooney/Harvey/Vera Bradley group. As some of you may know, I bought my first Disney Dooney for my birthday in October. I pretty much stick to one purse and have been carrying it every day, but by being in the group, I can't help but notice the other purses in there and several people tend to love the Harveys! If you haven't heard of them, they are the "original seatbelt bag". Apparently they are very durable, washable, made in the USA by a family, and more economical than the Dooneys. So I pretty much decided I wanted one as my next purse. I figured for my next birthday...or at least AFTER our Disney trip. But then, I heard about this BatB release they were doing. I went back and forth about buying a purse from the release and had kind of decided not to.

Well....they went on sale at 11am est today and I got back to my classroom from "brunch" - we eat lunch at 10:30am! - and was putting my lunch stuff away and remembered the launch. At this point it was 11:18 and sometimes the bags sell out really fast, so I decided to go on the site and look. Well, what do you know, only one bag had sold out and the one I wanted was not that one. So, I did what any Disney purse loving gal would do, and took it as a sign to purchase! And because I probably should've saved that money for our trip, we'll just call it a pre-bought souvenir! Here's a couple more photos of the purse:
BATB_medSLtote_liner__.jpg
BatB tote.jpg
It's a little smaller than my Dooney...but my Dooney is a little on the big side. So I am hoping this works out for me as I'm like a boy scout and carry everything but the kitchen sink in my purse. Just ask @chunkymonkey as I tell her this about myself quite often...lol.

So, I think that is all the new current trip stuff that I wanted to write about. But before I end this update, I did want to share some way, way, way too early plans for our next two trips.

You may recall that the (sad) plan is to take 2018 off from Disney, and go back in 2019 and 2020. Well after prices went up in February, I started looking at ticket costs. And I determined that one set of APs that can be used for those two trips would be cheaper than two sets of 7 day park hoppers, and we would get all the discounts associated with them. So we can just go one week later in 2019 (2nd full week of June) and then back to our usual first week in 2020.

Obviously though, the biggest problem is the upfront costs of APs. But I think I have a solution. We usually use our tax return as our big vacation (Disney or wherever) money. Going to Disney last year, I used most of it but not all because I split costs with my parents. This trip though, it is all us and it is going to use pretty much all of our return (this includes all of the stuff we are buying beforehand for the trip as well). I was able to get a brand new to me W/D set, pay the registration fee for Will's preschool next year, and a few other non-trip related things, but most of it is Disney trip related. Next year, we plan to go to the beach instead of Disney and it is a far cry cheaper. We know someone with a condo so we get a really good deal, and other than that it's just pretty much food costs. So since the beach trip shouldn't use all our tax return, the plan is to also use some for home repairs. But, I think I still could manage to use some of it to buy some discounted 7 day hopper tickets that I can sock away until 2019, where I would then upgrade them to APs. This way, I basically split the cost between two years. The only snag is, now Disney has expiration dates on the tickets. They should still give me credit for the tickets in 2019, and most are assuming it would be the 2017/2018 gate price for the 7 day PH tickets. If that's the case, I would still retain my discount from getting them at a discount broker. But, obviously, I'm going to have to pay very close attention to the procedures to see what Disney really does, but as long as I get credit for what I paid, I'm okay with it because it is sort of a pseudo-Disney savings account and ensures we get to go back!

Also, with APs, we can organize the infamous girls' trip and even if we are too early for the Star Wars Land opening during our big 2019 trip, we could always go back for a quick weekend trip to catch it....especially if they do AP previews like they are doing for Pandora! I can also get the Tables in Wonderland card, and we would be eligible for room discounts! I might still rent points or look for an agency-exclusive deal...but this just gives us more options.

Which brings me to the planning portion of our next trip. Yes, I already have some plans sketched out, and yes, I am a crazy Disney obsessed fan. I would like to stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk with easy access to DHS (because of the aforementioned SW Land and also Toy Story Land). And if that pans out, I would like to plan meals at Cape May (breakfast and/or dinner), Beaches & Cream, Shulas, and the Bon Voyage character breakfast (if it is still going on). I also would like to do Hoop de Doo, which I realize would be better this trip with us staying at WL, but it just doesn't fit this trip...so it will have to wait.

So now that you all have realized just how obsessed I am - I mean, planning for our 2019 trip already??? - I feel I can leave you! HAHA.

Thanks for reading!

Up next: The Day I Almost Lost My Mind

Last edited:
Love love love the purse! Last year my class got me a nice Disney gift card. I try to have a rule to use my teacher gifts on myself.... but this just went into the general trip fund. If that happens again this year.... I think I'm getting a purse!

Love the advance planning. Our next trip will be 2021/2022 for the 50th. I'm predicting it celebrates from May 2021-Holidays 2022- so 1.5 years. That's sorta what they do in DL. We are using air miles for this trip.... but we will be fully depleted. Our general plan is alternate WDW and Aulani every other year... so we get to each every 4 years. Flight costs are the same to each. Aulani is actually a cheaper vacation with no park tickets and we cooked about half the time! Mine were 3 and 4 though. My 4 year old took surf lessons, but we didn't do any real excursions. Next time at 7 and 8.... I imagine this cost will go up.

Oh yeah! I like to enter sweepstakes. I was dreaming if I won this WDW one... we'd eat at Hoop Dee Doo since I didn't fit it in!

Food Budget Done...

...among other things! But first things first. Friday, I finally buckled down and got my food budget done. Some of you may remember that I had printed out menus and had my DH look at them and pick what he will most likely order. Then I looked at them and picked what I will most likely order for myself and the boys. Then I went through the menus on Disney and wrote down the costs. I added up each meals costs, added in tax and then tips where necessary (TS). So then I added all that up (I didn't do alcoholic beverages or snacks because those are harder to predict). Anyway, after all that, I added up the total including two refillable mugs and boy, was I happy! It was not nearly as much as I thought it would be. Yay! More money for alcohol, snacks, and souvenirs - and I may have pre-bought one of those today....but I'm getting ahead of myself!

So after I did all that and was in a good mood, I decided to see if the dining plan would be cheaper. To do the comparison, I had to take one QS off my OOP total because I had one too many for the DDP (and yes, I took off the cheapest one). Then I had to add more mugs to the OOP amount since we would get one per person on the DDP (though I wouldn't get one per person without the DDP because we don't need that many), and I added in $10 a day per person for snacks (average $5 per snack x 2). It's not completely comparing apples to apples because OOP, we wouldn't buy exactly the same items as on the DDP, however, that is kind of the point! OOP I might just get a app or two, or an app and a dessert as opposed to an entree. The boys will share QS meals because they don't need one each. In the end, I determined the dining plan would be a little cheaper (but that includes extra mugs we wouldn't need) so I figured it would be close to breaking even and we could eat exactly as we want to. Comparison done!

But then, this morning, I realized I had already added in tip to the OOP amount! I didn't go back through and take that out and re-compare but with 8 TS meals, it's obvious that paying OOP is actually going to end up being cheaper for us, and, as I said above, we will get to eat as we want to! More yay!!

I'm so glad you did the math for me, but I have always had the feeling paying OOP was better for us just because we get to eat what we want and it's more flexible. Not that the dining plan is bad, it has some very big advantages, especially the fact that you know all your meals are pre-paid which is nice and you always feel like you have to be eating to stay on top of it, LOL. No complaints there :)

Moving on, I started looking at Accuweather for our trip. Fairly typical temps in the 90's. Not much else to report there.

Same here...let the summer of the sauna begin! :cutie: :crazy2:

I'm thinking of buying the Heads Up App for my phone for something to keep us occupied in lines and waiting for stuff. Apparently you can pay extra to make your own things to guess and I saw Joe of See Ya Reel Soon (Disney vloggers) made one with Disney characters...so I might try to do that. Though I don't know what all is involved in that...so who knows if I'll get to that or not. LOL.

I've always wondered about that game, but I wasn't sure if I would be good enough at it, and DH barely remembers anything he sees in movies so I'm skeptical but we might get a good laugh out of it as we try to occupy ourselves in line.

I ended up finally going through all the WS menus to decide on WS drinks and snacks I would like to try. Definitely going to plan on a slushie from France, but I would really like to try both - Grey Goose and Grand Marnier - to do a comparison! I've had one before and I think it was the Grey Goose but that was 2012 so I'll just need to try them both to get a fair comparison done. It's a hard job, I know...but someone has to do it right?? HAHA. Another must try is, at least, one margarita from La Cava. There are several on the list I would like to try, so one is definitely the minimum! The other three drinks I wrote down from WS are the Peach Schnapps from Joy of Tea, the Sake Mist from Kabuki Cafe, and the Pink Grapefruit Hefeweizen from Sommerfest. I did also write down an adult slushie from Test Track Cool Wash. There are several flavors from there that sound good, albeit basic. But that would be for our Monday (FW) half day and not our Thursday (mostly WS) full day.

I am not a huge drinker but I am definitely going to get one or a couple grey goose slushies. I dont' know if I'm a fan of gran marnier enough to try that one because I like the grey good one so much. Most definitely going to get an avocado margarita though! And the Sake Mist sounds good. I did not know there were adult slushies from Test Track Cool Wash so that's something to keep in mind. :)

As far as snacks, the Cronut from the Refreshment Port (even though I am not a fan of cinnamon, I still think I have to try this), the Berry Cream Puff or the Troll Horn from Kringla Bakeri, Crepes from France, a funnel cake and The American Dream from The American Pavilion, and some flavored popcorn from the cart between The Land and the Imagination pavilion (yes, we are getting the refillable popcorn bucket).

Everything sound so yummy, but I am a sucker for Disney popcorn...popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::

The ears I ordered came in the mail today!
View attachment 232006
I tried to get some universal type ones that would go with all my outfits because I didn't know if I would be buying anymore...and I'm still not sure if I will or not. Those are fairly tight on my head...so I am thinking maybe I would wear those for photos and wear my regular ouchless headbands the rest of the time? If only I was talented enough to make my own, I would do it with the ouchless kind so I could wear them all the time. I still may try another company, just to see if they will be as tight, but I'm not certain and I am running out of time.

So cute! I love ears but I get so annoyed wearing them that I usually have to take them off. I can definitely not eat in them. Haha I remember having this conversation with @cinderkelly in December as we were trying to eat our Casey's corn nuggets with our eats. Hahaha. Oh and I did lose a pair (they were chunky sis's) at BoG and they never found it, so not sure I'm going to get myself any ears anytime soon, but I love them so much, they look so cute! I may have to look into those ouchless ones. Do you know anyone who makes a nice pair?

Now, onto my pre-bought souvenir (or whatever I am telling myself to justify the purchase...lol):
View attachment 232007
Isn't she a beauty (no pun intended)?? It is a Beauty and the Beast Harvey! I joined a FB group awhile back when I was searching for my first Disney Dooney and it is actually a Disney Dooney/Harvey/Vera Bradley group. As some of you may know, I bought my first Disney Dooney for my birthday in October. I pretty much stick to one purse and have been carrying it every day, but by being in the group, I can't help but notice the other purses in there and several people tend to love the Harveys! If you haven't heard of them, they are the "original seatbelt bag". Apparently they are very durable, washable, made in the USA by a family, and more economical than the Dooneys. So I pretty much decided I wanted one as my next purse. I figured for my next birthday...or at least AFTER our Disney trip. But then, I heard about this BatB release they were doing. I went back and forth about buying a purse from the release and had kind of decided not to.

Well....they went on sale at 11am est today and I got back to my classroom from "brunch" - we eat lunch at 10:30am! - and was putting my lunch stuff away and remembered the launch. At this point it was 11:18 and sometimes the bags sell out really fast, so I decided to go on the site and look. Well, what do you know, only one bag had sold out and the one I wanted was not that one. So, I did what any Disney purse loving gal would do, and took it as a sign to purchase! And because I probably should've saved that money for our trip, we'll just call it a pre-bought souvenir! Here's a couple more photos of the purse:
View attachment 232017
View attachment 232016
It's a little smaller than my Dooney...but my Dooney is a little on the big side. So I am hoping this works out for me as I'm like a boy scout and carry everything but the kitchen sink in my purse. Just ask @chunkymonkey as I tell her this about myself quite often...lol.

The bag is beauuuuuutiful! I love it! Of course it is not the kitchen sink kinda tote but once in a while we'll have to downsize right? (and I still freak out when I carry a small bag and don't have every thing on me...)

So, I think that is all the new current trip stuff that I wanted to write about. But before I end this update, I did want to share some way, way, way too early plans for our next two trips.

You may recall that the (sad) plan is to take 2018 off from Disney, and go back in 2019 and 2020. Well after prices went up in February, I started looking at ticket costs. And I determined that one set of APs that can be used for those two trips would be cheaper than two sets of 7 day park hoppers, and we would get all the discounts associated with them. So we can just go one week later in 2019 (2nd full week of June) and then back to our usual first week in 2020.

Obviously though, the biggest problem is the upfront costs of APs. But I think I have a solution. We usually use our tax return as our big vacation (Disney or wherever) money. Going to Disney last year, I used most of it but not all because I split costs with my parents. This trip though, it is all us and it is going to use pretty much all of our return (this includes all of the stuff we are buying beforehand for the trip as well). I was able to get a brand new to me W/D set, pay the registration fee for Will's preschool next year, and a few other non-trip related things, but most of it is Disney trip related. Next year, we plan to go to the beach instead of Disney and it is a far cry cheaper. We know someone with a condo so we get a really good deal, and other than that it's just pretty much food costs. So since the beach trip shouldn't use all our tax return, the plan is to also use some for home repairs. But, I think I still could manage to use some of it to buy some discounted 7 day hopper tickets that I can sock away until 2019, where I would then upgrade them to APs. This way, I basically split the cost between two years. The only snag is, now Disney has expiration dates on the tickets. They should still give me credit for the tickets in 2019, and most are assuming it would be the 2017/2018 gate price for the 7 day PH tickets. If that's the case, I would still retain my discount from getting them at a discount broker. But, obviously, I'm going to have to pay very close attention to the procedures to see what Disney really does, but as long as I get credit for what I paid, I'm okay with it because it is sort of a pseudo-Disney savings account and ensures we get to go back!

Nice Disney math! But really, it's just so you know you're gonna have to go back right? LOL. We're taking 2018 off from Disney too. I want to go to Hawaii and Asia and that's going to use up most of my time and money. But it's sooooo hard to not think there's no trip in 2018 for me. It's like quitting cold turkey...until Star Wars land opens! Then all bets are off. 2019 will be like 2017 all over again, buahaha :laughing:
I hope they do what they are doing this year with pandora, that all AP holders will get to preview it. That said, I'm going to buy my AP as soon as it hits 2019 so I will be prepared!

Also, with APs, we can organize the infamous girls' trip and even if we are too early for the Star Wars Land opening during our big 2019 trip, we could always go back for a quick weekend trip to catch it....especially if they do AP previews like they are doing for Pandora! I can also get the Tables in Wonderland card, and we would be eligible for room discounts! I might still rent points or look for an agency-exclusive deal...but this just gives us more options.

Yup, what I said :)

Which brings me to the planning portion of our next trip. Yes, I already have some plans sketched out, and yes, I am a crazy Disney obsessed fan. I would like to stay at Beach Club or Boardwalk with easy access to DHS (because of the aforementioned SW Land and also Toy Story Land). And if that pans out, I would like to plan meals at Cape May (breakfast and/or dinner), Beaches & Cream, Shulas, and the Bon Voyage character breakfast (if it is still going on). I also would like to do Hoop de Doo, which I realize would be better this trip with us staying at WL, but it just doesn't fit this trip...so it will have to wait.

So now that you all have realized just how obsessed I am - I mean, planning for our 2019 trip already??? - I feel I can leave you! HAHA.

Thanks for reading!

Yay! Those sound like great plans, and I too try to think ahead. I know 2019 will be insane with the Star Wars Land opening but it's also so exciting. 2019 better come real soon!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I ended up finally going through all the WS menus to decide on WS drinks and snacks I would like to try. Definitely going to plan on a slushie from France, but I would really like to try both - Grey Goose and Grand Marnier - to do a comparison!
I may have to do the same! You know all for science, right? Can't wait to hear which you like better!

Crepes from France, a funnel cake and The American Dream from The American Pavilion, and some flavored popcorn from the cart between The Land and the Imagination pavilion (yes, we are getting the refillable popcorn bucket).
So, def try them for yourselves but the Crepes are just ok. My DD's LOVE them, but I find them to just be ok. They aren't terrible but there are so many yummy things in WS and France that I would rather get. But my girls insist on getting them each trip AND I think it is one of the big factors when they chose EPCOT as the second park for our past trip!

I am interested to hear how the refillable popcorn bucket goes. I was thinking of doing it but not sure we will use it enough. I am not sure if the flavored popcorn will apply to be in those buckets. We got the flavored popcorn two trips ago and I personally was disappointed. It is coated with an almost thick coating. I don't know how to explain it. I love all things Buffalo and I wasn't a fan of the Buffalo popcorn.:( it was sad. But I know some folks LOVE it. So, to each there own. Just my two cents!

Which brings me to the planning portion of our next trip. Yes, I already have some plans sketched out, and yes, I am a crazy Disney obsessed fan.
I have been thinking about our February 2018 trip already. I want to stay at Beach Club or Animal Kingdom Lodge. And I have been thinking about how to convince DH to go again in December of 2018. I want to see all the Christmas stuff!

Love the ears! Where did you get them from? I have been saving a bunch on Etsy for our trip. It would be good to know which fit better!.

So close to your trip. I am kind of sadly excited for you.

Love love love the purse!
Thank you!

Last year my class got me a nice Disney gift card. I try to have a rule to use my teacher gifts on myself.... but this just went into the general trip fund. If that happens again this year.... I think I'm getting a purse!
You definitely should! :)

Love the advance planning.
It is the only way to not be too sad once this trip is over! :) Gotta always be planning the next trip.

Our next trip will be 2021/2022 for the 50th. I'm predicting it celebrates from May 2021-Holidays 2022- so 1.5 years.
I didn't really think about that. I guess we will miss some of that because the plan would be to skip 2021 and be back for 2022/2023. But that's so far away, who knows what could happen by then (DVC anyone??? LOL. My fingers are crossed for that).

Our general plan is alternate WDW and Aulani every other year
Oh, that would be nice. I would love to go there. The funny thing is my SIL and her family lived in Hawaii twice while I have been with DH (her husband was active military) and we flirted with going but we never actually made it. Unless something major happens, I just don't see us ever making it there. I do,nhowever, want to work in a trip to DLR. I've been twice but it was in 1981 and 2002. I know my boys would love Carsland and it would be so fun to see DLR again!

Oh yeah! I like to enter sweepstakes. I was dreaming if I won this WDW one... we'd eat at Hoop Dee Doo since I didn't fit it in!
I'm a sweepstakes entering fool...lol. Sadly, I've never won anything from Disney.

I'm so glad you did the math for me, but I have always had the feeling paying OOP was better for us just because we get to eat what we want and it's more flexible.
Yeh, I think it really depends on the family dynamic. A lot of times, if you have kids, it works out because there DDP costs so little...but because my kids eat practically nothing, it really doesn't work out for us. Next trip, if they are eating more, and let's face it, eventually they will as growing boys, I might do it. But if we have the AP and the TIW, it still may not work out to do the DDP.

Same here...let the summer of the sauna begin! :cutie: :crazy2:
This for sure. Here in Georgia we get it too, but honestly, I just don't go outside that much! At Disney, that isn't really an option...lol.

we might get a good laugh out of it as we try to occupy ourselves in line.
Yeh, it will probably be more for laughs, right?

I am not a huge drinker but I am definitely going to get one or a couple grey goose slushies. I dont' know if I'm a fan of gran marnier enough to try that one because I like the grey good one so much. Most definitely going to get an avocado margarita though! And the Sake Mist sounds good. I did not know there were adult slushies from Test Track Cool Wash so that's something to keep in mind. :)
It all sounds so good, right?? We don't go out too much and even then, we don't drink a lot when out because we obviously have to drive home. And at home, its just so much easier to pop open a bottle of wine than make a fancy drink, so it's a splurge to enjoy while at Disney, right?

Everything sound so yummy, but I am a sucker for Disney popcorn...popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::
My boys LOVE it!! And they like it at home, but not LOVE like at Disney. There is just something about that popcorn!

So cute! I love ears but I get so annoyed wearing them that I usually have to take them off.
Yeh, that is probably why I don't own many pairs. I think maybe I have a big head, too...lol.

I may have to look into those ouchless ones. Do you know anyone who makes a nice pair?
I looked on etsy to try and find ouchless ones and the one shop that I found, I contacted before my trip last year and i have YET to hear back...haha. But I have a pair of Christmas ones at home that my mom got for me somewhere and they are great! They don't bother me at all. I need to ask her if she remembers where she got them. In any case, they aren't overly Christmasy, so I may just bring those, too.

The bag is beauuuuuutiful! I love it!
Thank you!!

Nice Disney math! But really, it's just so you know you're gonna have to go back right? LOL.
This, exactly!

I hope they do what they are doing this year with pandora, that all AP holders will get to preview it. That said, I'm going to buy my AP as soon as it hits 2019 so I will be prepared!
Yep, fingers crossed!!

2019 better come real soon!!! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
After June 11 of this year is over, then 2019 can just come on! HAHA.

I may have to do the same! You know all for science, right?
Exactly!

So, def try them for yourselves but the Crepes are just ok. My DD's LOVE them, but I find them to just be ok.
Good to know! We may not get them because we will be over there for brunch at Les Halles, so we might be full afterward. Though we will probably have to go back by later so I can try the slushie comparison!

They aren't terrible but there are so many yummy things in WS and France that I would rather get.
I agree that there are some really great snack options! I made that list knowing we probably won't get to everything, but at least we will have options, right?

I am interested to hear how the refillable popcorn bucket goes. I was thinking of doing it but not sure we will use it enough. I am not sure if the flavored popcorn will apply to be in those buckets.
On the threads about the refillable popcorn, the flavored is included! So there's the ones at Epcot and then Maple at MK.

We got the flavored popcorn two trips ago and I personally was disappointed. It is coated with an almost thick coating. I don't know how to explain it. I love all things Buffalo and I wasn't a fan of the Buffalo popcorn.:( it was sad. But I know some folks LOVE it. So, to each there own. Just my two cents!
You are the first I have heard that doesn't like it. A lot of people say they like to mix the buffalo and the ranch. I think I would prefer the ranch, but we shall see.

I have been thinking about our February 2018 trip already. I want to stay at Beach Club or Animal Kingdom Lodge.
Good choices! And so maybe I am not as crazy as I think I am...lol.

And I have been thinking about how to convince DH to go again in December of 2018. I want to see all the Christmas stuff!
Good luck! We used to go the first week of December all the time. But it is just too hard now with teaching. We did it a lot when I was in college and I have done it a couple of times since starting teaching but it's not very easy to do as I only get 3 personal days. These days I always have to use them for something at the boys' schools.

Love the ears! Where did you get them from? I have been saving a bunch on Etsy for our trip. It would be good to know which fit better!.
Those particular ones are from EnchantedDust. There's a few others I am looking at, but if I do order another pair, it will probably be from PlayItByEars. They have a fireworks one that I really like. They also have a BB-8 one that I wouldn't mind but because I don't plan on getting very many, I want the ones I get to be less specific for now.

So close to your trip. I am kind of sadly excited for you.
It is close...but then I feel like it is still far away! If that makes sense...lol.

Last summer I was entering the facebook BFG contest daily. The grand prize was an Adventures By Disney trip to England and France. One day I woke up and my facebook was blowing up. I had a million notifications and DH was calling me. I won!!!! I was shaking and freaking out as I emailed the coordinator. Well... there were 5 runner ups who won a $50 Fandango gift card. I was one of them. For about ten minutes.... I thought I was going to Europe! And then.... months later when I went to use the gift card... it didn't work! I also won a stuffed dalmatian from Disney Movie Rewards 5 years ago or so- again a runner up for a London trip!

But.... I really can't complain.... I won the Jump with Thomas sweepstakes this past fall. We won a trip to NYC over Thanksgiving with tickets for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. It was an amazing trip. So... my sweeps karma may be up- but I keep trying!

Last summer I was entering the facebook BFG contest daily. The grand prize was an Adventures By Disney trip to England and France. One day I woke up and my facebook was blowing up. I had a million notifications and DH was calling me. I won!!!! I was shaking and freaking out as I emailed the coordinator. Well... there were 5 runner ups who won a $50 Fandango gift card. I was one of them. For about ten minutes.... I thought I was going to Europe! And then.... months later when I went to use the gift card... it didn't work! I also won a stuffed dalmatian from Disney Movie Rewards 5 years ago or so- again a runner up for a London trip!

But.... I really can't complain.... I won the Jump with Thomas sweepstakes this past fall. We won a trip to NYC over Thanksgiving with tickets for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. It was an amazing trip. So... my sweeps karma may be up- but I keep trying!
I went through a spell a few years ago where I won a ton of stuff - $1000, a diamond wedding band, $100 worth of Bare Escentuals make-up, lots of movie tickets...but never anything from Disney...boo hoo!

The weather ...ugh, I'm so not looking forward to it!

Those ears are too cute! I was looking for some cute ears on Etsy a while back, I can't find ones that I really like though. I'll have to check out where you got yours.

We are definitely getting the refillable popcorn bucket, between the 7 of us, we will get our money's worth.

I love that purse, it's so cute! I may or may not splurge on a Dooney on the trip. We shall see!

Yay for early planning! I'd like to go back in 2018 then 2020. Hopefully.

The weather ...ugh, I'm so not looking forward to it!
IMO it is the worst part of a June trip!

Those ears are too cute! I was looking for some cute ears on Etsy a while back, I can't find ones that I really like though. I'll have to check out where you got yours.
EnchantedDust on etsy. I hope you find some you like!

We are definitely getting the refillable popcorn bucket, between the 7 of us, we will get our money's worth.
Oh, I bet. Take some gallon ziplocks and buy a couple refills, putting them in the bags!

I love that purse, it's so cute! I may or may not splurge on a Dooney on the trip. We shall see!
Thank you! Yay! I hope you get one!

Yay for early planning! I'd like to go back in 2018 then 2020. Hopefully.
Fun!!

There's a free Disney Parks version, as long as you're in one of the parks. DS is obsessed with this game while we're in line. He wants to play all the time. LOL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter