At Least We Are All Tall Enough For Barnstormer! A June 2017 PTR...updated 6/1

@ArielSRL - You have 2 days... Have you finished your plans?!?!
Ok, so don't get all mad at me but I've already booked my fastpasses! I was given a tip by some "in the know" Disers to book a dummy ressie that starts a few days before our real trip so I could book my FPs early and ensure the Pandora ones I wanted. On 4/4, when my actual booking window opens, I'll cancel my dummy ressie and I'll keep my fastpasses. So, yes, my plans are done.

I got all the hard to get ones and almost everything else though for some reason I can't get ToT exactly when I need it. I'll just keep trying.

I need to get on and post a real update. I just haven't had time yet.

I got all the hard to get ones and almost everything else though for some reason I can't get ToT exactly when I need it. I'll just keep trying.
That's good to hear! I will wait for what you got!

I know the Pandora fast passes are going to be hard to get. I wonder if they will still be in that much of a demand when we go!

That's good to hear! I will wait for what you got!

I know the Pandora fast passes are going to be hard to get. I wonder if they will still be in that much of a demand when we go!
Well here's the kicker. I've now heard they aren't nearly as hard to get as people thought they would be.

That's great your fast passes are booked! I wish I had known that tip! I'm going to be flying all night and am supposed to land about 30 mins before I am able to book them tomorrow. I just put in everyone's Magicband color choices and its hard to believe the trip is 2 months away.:yay:

That's great your fast passes are booked! I wish I had known that tip! I'm going to be flying all night and am supposed to land about 30 mins before I am able to book them tomorrow. I just put in everyone's Magicband color choices and its hard to believe the trip is 2 months away.:yay:
Yes, I'm so glad to get them booked! It was sort of anti-climatic though! No build up, bc I was told about the tip and employed it right away. I didn't even have all my plans done, so I had to scramble to figure out what I was booking!

I wish I could've given you the tip! I did pass it along to a few other June travelers, though. I hope you got everything booked like you wanted!

I still need to pick MB colors. I had them picked but then we ordered decals so I need to reassess and see if the colors will look right with the decals.

And yes, we are going to Disney in 2 months! So exciting! I'm gonna try to do an update tonight!

Last edited:
I was able to make them this morning and only had a small hiccup with my FIL's fp's and had to call to get it fixed. I was even able to get FoP for our AK day and I thought that would be tough to snag!

I'm glad you got your FP+ done with minimal stress! It really seems like time is flying.

Disney sent me a pin code today for 30% reservations for this summer. Wah! Hope they send me one next year when I can actually use it!

So a couple of living vicariously through you questions: which new thing and which old favorite are you most excited about seeing in 2 months?

I'm glad you got your FP+ done with minimal stress! It really seems like time is flying.

Disney sent me a pin code today for 30% reservations for this summer. Wah! Hope they send me one next year when I can actually use it!

So a couple of living vicariously through you questions: which new thing and which old favorite are you most excited about seeing in 2 months?
Wow on the pin code! They really want you to come back! Call next year if you don't get one bc apparently they get put on people's accts but no email gets sent? I used to get them all the time but not anymore. I would've called to see about a pin code but with renting, it didn't make sense.

I'm probably most excited about the whole new rope drop procedure! I mean just participating in an MK rope drop would be awesome, but getting onto Main Street early...I think I'll enjoy that. And it will be for our very first park day!

Old favorite is hard! If I can time the People Mover just right and get it during Happily Ever After, that would be it. Otherwise BTMRR at night, ToT again, or just sharing the old faves like CoP and Country Bears with my DH!

Fastpasses Booked!

I'm back! Did you guys miss me? LOL. I guess it hasn't been that long since I updated but OMG at everything that has gone on since I updated. It just seems that the trip got kicked into high gear, plus work was just crazy as we were all dragging to Spring Break. It finally arrived and I have been playing catch up around here the last few days (ours started on Friday).

First off, I finally got to see Beauty and the Beast yesterday! My mom and I went. I wore my LuLaRoe Disney Roses Maxi that I plan to also wear to Disney Springs on our arrival night:
BatB.JPG
It was the perfect outfit for a perfect movie! I loved it! I don't want to say too much in case some of you haven't seen it but its definitely worth a watch...that's for sure!

Okay, on to the report. Pretty much something has changed about all my days. But, I suppose its good because I think most of my plans are now nailed down. The only thing I don't have booked is the Star Wars dessert party and that should open up around the middle of this month. I'm sure Disney will add hours sometime in May and night hours won't throw me too much, as I know for the most part, they are coming.

If they decide to open MK at 8am, I'll have to figure out what to do then. Right now I am planning to get to MK around 7:45-8 anyway to chill on Main Street, so if they open at 8, I'll try to push for a little bit earlier but I am not going to kill all my guys to get them there. The good thing is that getting to MK from the WL won't take very long (bus times are around 5-10 minutes) but it just all depends on if we just missed a bus or not.

Last year they did open at 8 several days of our trip but then I heard they scaled it back the rest of June...so who knows. They did not open early on EMH day and they also had EMM and didn't open early that day...but they don't have that scheduled during our trip this year. Also, I'm thinking because they are opening AK at 8, they may not be throwing the 8am love to MK this year. I know some people like to get up early, but I truly am a night owl so getting up as early as I am already planning for vacation is gonna be rough, so if they keep MK at 9am, I'm totally okay with it...lol.

So, I'll go into my changes later, but let's get to the obvious, shall we? So, tomorrow is my Fastpass booking day...however, as the title of this update suggests, I've already booked my fastpasses. How, you ask? Well, I booked a dummy reservation that starts a few days before my real reservation and that allowed me to book my fastpasses last week. I had no idea to do that until I read about it on the official Pandora thread. So I got some more info about it from a few "in the know" Disers and I decided to go for it. I was really worried about those Pandora FPs - though now that looks like it wasn't necessary because no one seems to be having trouble booking them. In any case, a dummy reservation is along the lines of booking a throwaway room or using same day fast passes. Most people probably wouldn't want to go to the trouble, but it can be advantageous for those that do.

So anyway, here they are:

• Sunday 6/4 MK
    • Peter Pan 11:50-12:50
    • Meet Mickey 12:50-1:50
    • Pooh (for the boys) 4:50 - 5:50 (I'm going to try for a SDFP here so I can ride with them)
    • 7DMT (for me) 5-6
  • Monday 6/5 Epcot/DHS
    • Soarin (for the boys) 9:30-10:30 (we will get a Rider Swap pass for AJ and me to use afterward)
    • Living with the Land 10:45-11:45
    • Test Track (for me) 11:45-12:45 (we will get a Rider Swap pass for Chad and AJ to use afterward)
    • Spaceship Earth 12:45-1:45
  • Tuesday 6/6 MK
    • Space Mtn (for me) 9-10
    • Speedway (for the boys) 9-10 (I'm going to try for a SDFP here so I can ride with them)
    • Pooh 6-7
    • BTMRR 8:30-9
  • Wednesday 6/7 AK
    • Safari 9:05-10:05 (We are doing Character Spot first and AK opens at 8, so the FP may be needed)
    • Flight of Passage (Chad) 10:05-11:05
    • ROL 8:35-9:00
    • EE (me) 9:30-10:30
  • Thursday 6/8 Epcot
    • Meet Disney Pals 9-10 (we probably don't need it but Epcot does have AM EMH, so I figured why not)
    • Turtle Talk 10-11
    • FEA 12:30-1:30
  • Friday 6/9 MK/AK
    • Safari 7:15-8:15
    • Na'vi River Journey 8:15-9:15
    • It's Tough to Be a Bug 9:15-10:15 (we probably don't need it and I thought about EE again for me, but I'll just stick with this)
  • Saturday 6/10 DHS
    • Star Tours (for the boys) 9:30-10:30
    • TSMM 10:30-11:30
    • ToT (me) 12:25-1:25
So I don't have 3 at DHS. I was trying to book Indy, only because I want to get all my FPs done semi early so I can book Fantasmic as our 4th, but, even though Indy is like 11:35-12, it won't let me do it. It says I have a conflict, which I clearly do not. So I tried to move ToT to 12:30. Crazy enough, there is nothing between 12:25 and 12:50. I'm going to keep looking but I may just end up booking all of us for Star Tours and all of us for ToT so we can at least tap the touch point and then I can go ahead and book Fantasmic after we all tap for the last one at ToT.

I'll be honest. I mentioned this in a reply above, but the whole FP scheduling was very anti-climatic. There was no build up because I had no idea I was going to do this until the night before. That's when I learned about it. I actually wasn't even ready to book everything because I had not done my full Epcot or full DHS plan. So it was a lot more of a laid back FP booking. I did stay up late to figure out my Epcot day because that was my FEA day but all I booked at 7am the next day was the Pandora rides, FEA, 7DMT, and ROL. The rest I did later on when my schedule permitted it. So now, tomorrow, I'll just cancel the dummy and because it's my real FP booking day, the system will keep what I booked.

So, there ya have it. I have a lot more stuff to update you guys on, but I think I'll stop here for the night and I'll just do another update tomorrow night. I don't want to overload you all and it is getting late. I'll be back! Good night!

Up next: Trip Items

Last edited:
I had that issue with a show fastpass. Even though the FP was for 10:30-10:45, it wouldn't let me book until 11:30 when the show is over.

I had an issue with a show FP once too, also at DHS - Frozen show. Your FP+ reservations look great! I do have one question, though. I'm confused as to how it will work for you to get SDFP reservations for rides with the family at times when you have not yet used all of your pre-booked FP's. Something I'm missing (probably lol)? Or another loophole?

Wow on the pin code! They really want you to come back! Call next year if you don't get one bc apparently they get put on people's accts but no email gets sent? I used to get them all the time but not anymore. I would've called to see about a pin code but with renting, it didn't make sense.

Yeah, we would have been renting too so it wouldn't really have worked this year anyway, but next year we're planning on booking at least part direct through Disney, so it would be great to get another one!

I'm probably most excited about the whole new rope drop procedure! I mean just participating in an MK rope drop would be awesome, but getting onto Main Street early...I think I'll enjoy that. And it will be for our very first park day!

I'm so conflicted about this. I like the idea of getting onto Main Street early and it also relieves some of the pressure of having to show up so long before RD in order to guarantee being through security and having a good spot before the Welcome Show. However, I really really loved the train station show and I'm worried this one won't give me the same feels.

Old favorite is hard! If I can time the People Mover just right and get it during Happily Ever After, that would be it. Otherwise BTMRR at night, ToT again, or just sharing the old faves like CoP and Country Bears with my DH!

Excellent selections, all! I will be thrilled to read about any and all of these experiences in your upcoming trip report. ;)

EDITED TO ADD: Love the dress and loved the movie! I want to see it again.

I'm confused as to how it will work for you to get SDFP reservations for rides with the family at times when you have not yet used all of your pre-booked FP's. Something I'm missing (probably lol)? Or another loophole?
Yes, it's a loophole I learned about on the Dis. You can use MBs for people not on the trip or buy new ones and link them to phantoms and book FPs same day from the kiosks in the park. There's a huge thread on it. It used to be in the FP sub forum but that got all moved back to the TPAS forum so it's there. It's not for the faint of heart but it can be extremely helpful.

I have ones from my parents so I'm going to try it so I can ride with the boys. I'm afraid to leave my hubby with both of them when he has no idea what he's doing!

ETA: I'd probably feel the same about the Welcome Show if I had seen the train station one. Double edged sword that I never got to see it.

Your FP selections look great! I've been tinkering around with mine. I love your rose dress, I'm finally going to see Beauty and the Beast on Friday.

Sorry I did not come back and add another update last night. It's on my list for tonight! I did get to book the Star Wars dessert party this morning and Disney extended DHS hours. So now I am just waiting on MK to be extended!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter