At Home COVID testing

oufpat

Mouseketeer
We're booked on a RC cruise in early February, we'll be in Disney World for 9 nights prior. We'll try to schedule a COVID test at CVS, but I'd like to order the in-home-test just in case we can't get an appointment and do it at the resort. When do you suggest I order the kit? I understand they have expiration dates.

We're booked on a RC cruise in early February, we'll be in Disney World for 9 nights prior. We'll try to schedule a COVID test at CVS, but I'd like to order the in-home-test just in case we can't get an appointment and do it at the resort. When do you suggest I order the kit? I understand they have expiration dates.

RCL requirements on these.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/...rt-pcr-test-before-i-cruise-where-should-i-go

https://store.optum.com/royal-caribbean/

I just ordered our tests for our November 11 cruise. I will let you know about expiration when I get them. Supposedly the tests will be here by Thursday.

I just ordered for our 11/21 cruise, and the website told me the tests may have expiration dates as early as December 12, 2021, so it seems it is better to wait until a month or so before your cruise.

Still undecided about doing the in-home test or just booking the cruise through RC and doing it at the port.

You need a laptop to do the test. Will not work on your phone. Also would be helpful if you could print up your results.

The message about the expiration date is a link that takes you to an explanation that the actual expiration has been extended by the FDA from what was printed on the box.

Taking the test at the port should be your choice of last resort. If you get a false positive, you miss your cruise. That is one of the reasons RC gives for selling home tests in packs of 2.

You need a laptop to do the test. Will not work on your phone. Also would be helpful if you could print up your results.
We were able to do the proctored Abbott BinaxNow COVID-19 Ag Card Test at home with our smart phones. I have our network set up so we can print from our phones, tablets, pc's. The test wasn't required for our DCL trip, but we thought it best to test at home the day before we were scheduled to leave for the Auto Train. Our thought was it would be easier to cancel everything from home rather than at the port had we tested positive.

We used our lap tops 'cause we're not that proficient with the phone. JUST received verification that the remaining 4 of 6 test kits we got in before our Oct. 10th cruise will still be good for our January 2nd. cruise. Now if we can find a deal on a cruise BEFORE the last 2 kits expire -- :banana::banana: -- along with the time + $$$$$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter