Assistance might be needed

tinkerbell198530

Mouseketeer
I am getting nervace about the drill. I am not a typical crusiser by that I mean by that I can't do stairs very well is there some one to help me up and down the staris so as you can tell I use a elevater when ever possibal

I am getting nervous about the drill. I am not a typical cruiser by that I mean by that I can't do stairs very well is there some one to help me up and down the stairs so as you can tell I use a elevator when ever possible

Contact DCL, submit a medical form if required and they will make arrangements for you, it isn't something to worry about.

Muster stations are on deck 4, so to minimize, any stairs you can book on a deck like 5/6 which isn't that far an just down a bit.

My first cruise was with my cousin, who is in a wheelchair. We just made sure we left our room about 15 mins before the drill was to start and used the elevators (we were on 7, the drill is on deck 4). It wasn't a big deal and the crew members are amazing at getting you where you need to be! Don't stress it! It'll be fine! ;)

My first cruise was with my cousin, who is in a wheelchair. We just made sure we left our room about 15 mins before the drill was to start and used the elevators (we were on 7, the drill is on deck 4). It wasn't a big deal and the crew members are amazing at getting you where you need to be! Don't stress it! It'll be fine! ;)

I love that idea txs

I also suggest you don't rush back after the drill. If the crew members know you have a mobility issue, they may tell you that you can leave a couple minutes before everyone else. Don't do that because it isn't very much head start. I suggest you wait 5-10 minutes after everyone leaves (there will be a couple of places you can sit and wait). Then you can get the elevator and go back to your room to return your life vest.

I also suggest you don't rush back after the drill. If the crew members know you have a mobility issue, they may tell you that you can leave a couple minutes before everyone else. Don't do that because it isn't very much head start. I suggest you wait 5-10 minutes after everyone leaves (there will be a couple of places you can sit and wait). Then you can get the elevator and go back to your room to return your life vest.

I am geting there 15 mintuts prior 2 the drill and not leaving untill after the elevaters are operating again

There's no need to submit a medical form just to use the elevator for the muster drill. Just talk to the crew members stationed by them and they will let you use the elevators. My parents had mobility issues on stairs and never had a problems using the elevator before/after the drill just be talking to the crew members.

I am geting there 15 mintuts prior 2 the drill and not leaving untill after the elevaters are operating again

The elevators remain in operation. You don't need to get there that early, 5 minutes is plenty of time to allow. You can also leave when everyone else does and just use the elevator once you let the crew member know your situation.

The elevators remain in operation. You don't need to get there that early, 5 minutes is plenty of time to allow. You can also leave when everyone else does and just use the elevator once you let the crew member know your situation.

Thank you so much

Just got back from Magic w/handicapped child. Elevators ARE working and usable during drill, and surprisingly uncrowded both before and after the drill.

If you notify your muster section leader of your mobility problem you will be released from the drill about 5 minutes early and allowed to use the elevators. There are CMs there with elevator keys--only those who need them can get on at that time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!