Assigning different CCs to different MBs w/ Split Stay

HeyIt'sMe

Nothin' to see here folks
My adult DD & I are heading down to Disney next month (yay!). We are staying 1 night at WL and then transferring over to Pop for 4 nights. We'd like to have our own CCs linked to our own MBs and I understand the way to do this is to go to the Front Desk at WL when we get there and they can assign my DD's CC to her MB. My question - does doing this CC link at WL cover her MB for the entire trip? Or do we need to do the CC assignment again at Pop when we check-in there? We won't be going straight from WL to Pop - we are having Disney transfer our bags and we will be heading to Epcot for the day. TIA!

You will have to do it both places. It has to do with the resort folio, not your account in MDE. So it would not carryover from resort to resort.

You will have to do it both places. It has to do with the resort folio, not your account in MDE. So it would not carryover from resort to resort.

Thanks!

OK, now another question --- I'm always the trip planner so I have several people listed under Friends & Family. The MBs for these people are listed. However, my DD is not showing up under the MBs for Friends & Family. None of the other people have their own MDE accounts but my DD set pne up a few months ago. When she goes on the MDE app she said there is no section to see MBs. Any guidance? TIA again!

Thanks!

OK, now another question --- I'm always the trip planner so I have several people listed under Friends & Family. The MBs for these people are listed. However, my DD is not showing up under the MBs for Friends & Family. None of the other people have their own MDE accounts but my DD set pne up a few months ago. When she goes on the MDE app she said there is no section to see MBs. Any guidance? TIA again!
The MB section in the MDE app is pretty well buried, so she needs to be sure she digs down far enough. In the app, tap the 3 lines in the lower right (the "hamburger lines"). Then on the new page, scroll down and tap My Profile. Look a bit down on that page for the MagicBands & Cards heading and tap that. Finally, she should see a heading for Your MagicBands & Cards, and if she taps that then she should open up the list of MBs and ticket numbers assigned to her. I have 41 (!) although most are old and Inactive.

ETA - I just now took this opportunity to compare my listed MBs on the phone app and on the desktop computer MDE website. They are not exactly the same! The one on the website is up to date, the one on my phone app is not. So if she can't find her current MB listed on the app, log into the website and look there. If they aren't listed in either place, then (gulp!) she might need to call Disney IT.

You do need to establish the charging privileges at each hotel. I will tell you to check to make sure it is set up properly before you check out. I was assured that the credit cards were set up to the proper magic bands, and at the end of the trip discovered that all charges went to my credit card. It's much easier to correct during your stay than after you return home. It took a while to correct, but they were nice enough to pay for a cab to get us to the airport since we had missed the Magical Express Bus.

It's probably less work to just charge to one card and settle up after the trip. The list of charges will tell you who charged what. Multiple trips to the front desk can eat up quite a bit of time.

You (and/or your daughter) could also just use a credit card to make purchases at Epcot for things like food/souvenirs. You don't have to use your MB when making various purchases. I have seen other threads where people staying in the same room have all sorts of issues getting MB charges directed correctly.

Thanks for the replies everyone. As far as my DD not being able to see her MB on MDE --- she had to upgrade the App. Once she did that she could see her MB.

We have done it quite a few times as my sister often travels with us and it is hit or miss, seems like setting this up isn't always easy for the front desk CM. In your situation I would just use one account for charging at the first resort and not bother - use the folio at check-out to square up as the charges are listed by person.

Then give it a try at the 2nd resort, we generally ask for a copy of our folio on the 2nd morning to make sure the charges are posting properly.

You (and/or your daughter) could also just use a credit card to make purchases at Epcot for things like food/souvenirs. You don't have to use your MB when making various purchases. I have seen other threads where people staying in the same room have all sorts of issues getting MB charges directed correctly.
Just happened to us at GF. Daughter made the reservation and did online check in using her cc. Upon arrival I went to front desk to get my cc on my magic band. After putting my card through the machine and again asking for verbal confirmation that my card was only on my magic band cm assured me it was. Low and behold it wasn’t because when my daughter used her magic band to charge it went on my card. not sure too many Disney employees know what they’re doing any more, or maybe it’s their whole tech system. I would say definitely use the physical card or check and recheck the magic bands. Maybe try with small purchases and stop at front desk to check and see where the charge went. Another waste of precious vacation time.

Just happened to us at GF. Daughter made the reservation and did online check in using her cc. Upon arrival I went to front desk to get my cc on my magic band. After putting my card through the machine and again asking for verbal confirmation that my card was only on my magic band cm assured me it was.
Yes that happens often. All the Front desk CM did was reset your Credit card for the room folio. All guests would charge to the room.

You are asking for a more specialized service for what may be a College Program CM's skill set. It takes extra steps to assign MB to individual cards and they will need to process both credit cards. That's what sounds like the CM missed.

Dave

We’ve given up on this and just settle up afterwards. When it has worked, it was nice! But after wasting a lot of vacation time trying to get this right, we don’t try anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter