asmo or pop PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by zobow02, Sep 12, 2018.

?

Which resort is more invested with cheerleaders during Princess Half-Marathon Weekend?

1. Pop Century

28.6%
  2. All-Star Movies

71.4%
  1. zobow02

zobow02 Mouseketeer

So we're going to Disney in Feb for 8 days during Princess Marathon weekend and I have had a countdown ticker all set up for the past month, I planned our discounts on our room out (we will get the Visa Cardholder when it comes out), and I just keep adding more days to our reservation:) :scared:

We have POP booked however I am second guessing my decision...
    You see, I booked POP solely because my family and I want to be as far away from the cheerleaders as possible and I know all stars are packed with cheer groups this time of year, however I do know there will be Cheerleaders at POP too. But what made me reconsider is since ASMo is under construction, there might not be as many cheer groups. I am very torn at the moment. Can somebody answer if they been at either of these resorts this time of year, and which is a better option to stay at?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I would wait until the discounts actually come out and see which resort/rooms are included. You may have everything planned out and then have to change resorts to get the discount.

HopperFan likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. HopperFan

HopperFan "It's a bug-eat-bug world out there, princess."

It may also indicate which hotels have the most rooms aka are not being held by cheer groups, therefore discounted room MIGHT be the safest bet.

Those groups hold blocks of rooms way in advance, you can also look at the Cheer Organizations travel packages to see which hotels are being offered.

Shanti and dansdad like this.
  5. pat fan

pat fan Sad my tag won't fit :(

I'd stay at Movies. Anywhere but POP.

JacknSally likes this.
  6. toonaspie

toonaspie Just a poser

The Cheerleaders are mostly housed in Music and Sports, aren't they? I don't think you'll see as many of them in Movies or Pop unless the rooms are lacking in the other two.

JacknSally and zobow02 like this.
  7. Lesley Wake

Lesley Wake May the force be with you!

I would agree that they are more likely gathered at Music or Sports. With Movies you may have to share buses together and also have some of them exploring more over at Movies even if they don’t stay there. I would stick with Pop or even consider switching to a Moderate if you are that concerned!

Shanti and zobow02 like this.
  8. zobow02

zobow02 Mouseketeer

I hoping I made the right decision. I looked at the events coming winter/spring in 2019 and I'm not seeing any sporting events during Princess Marathon Weekend. So I decided to switch to ASMo. It was much cheaper. Who knows though the decision could change again. All I know though is I'm going to Disney in February:cool1:

[​IMG]

9. Shanti

Shanti Momketeer

We stayed at Pop in early February 2014, and saw lots of cheerleaders at the resort. They were never a problem, though.