Asking for a Room Upgrade @ Check-IN?????

LMO429

DIS Veteran
I currently have a standard view room reservation at the Beach Club? I was wondering when I check in can I ask the person at the front desk for a water view room? Or do they get annoyed when you ask that sort of thing????? just curious what your experience may of been like if you have asked the same question upon arrival. Thanks

28 days left till Disney Trip 07 :banana: :banana: :banana:
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

It never hurts to ask, the worse they can say is that they don't have anything available.

It never hurts to ask, they may have something or they may not. They may ask you to pay for it, not a free upgrade also.

I am sure that they are asked quite regularly. The worst is they say nothing is available.

Just my opinion, but if you're asking for the trip shown in your calendar on your post (28 days left), you probably won't be able to upgrade at the desk when checking in - remember it's Flower & Garden Show time, and the BC is a very popular resort for visitors to that because of it's location. If you really want water view, you should probably go ahead now and pay the extra $91+ per night to be sure to get it....

But of course who knows? ;) Here's hoping some magic happens for you and you'll get sprinkled with pixie dust! pixiedust:

:goodvibes

I often ask at Disney and other hotels how much it would cost to pay for an upgrade when I check-in. It's one thing to ask for a free upgrade, but the check-in person seems to respond better when you ask about paying for the upgrade. Half the time they just say the difference between my rate and the rate for the upgraded room (and that is the worst that can happen), but the other half they usually offer me the chance to get the upgraded room for a smaller rate increase than the listed one and a few times (more times than you would think) they have given me the upgrade for free. It doesn't hurt to ask and its not as though they are going to give you a bad room or something just to spite you (in fact, usually if I don't pay the difference for the upgrade, they seem to try a little bit to get me a nice room) they might just roll their eyes a little.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter