As an introduction, MY STORY

Robinrs

DIS Veteran
Hi, everyone.

I remember when WISH first came into effect. At the time I was struggling with a mystery intestinal illness that had made me lose 75 pounds in less than 4 months.

Sounds great doesn't it? Not really. As my doctor said I was LUCKY I was overweight first, so I went from a size 22 to a size 8. Imagine if I started at the 8!!

Well, I LOOKED good, but I felt HORRIBLE. Nothing I ate stayed down, I LIVED in the bathroom and was in and out of doctor's offices and laboratories having every kind of 'oscopy' you could imagine.

They really never knew what I had, so they LABELED it either colitis or Crohn's disease. They weren't sure which one.

My doctor suggested a surgery that would have be on a machine for 3 months. At the time my son was 6 and being a single mother that was out of the question. I asked if I could see a nutritionist. They pooh-poohed that idea.

I thought it just HAD to be my diet, you know "bad in, bad out".

Well, then I found Dr. Marc D'Aundrea. Dr. Marc, as everyone calls him, is a clinical nutritionist and chiropractor. He doesn't advertise, he gets all of his clients by word of mouth. I ran into a friend of mine who had a auto-immune illness that's similar to Lupus. When I saw her she looked like the picture of health. I wanted THAT! I made an appt the next week.

He immediately took me off milk and refined sugar. He gave me alternatives so I would not miss them (gotta have my chocolate!). In three weeks the symptoms subsided. In a month, they were gone.

After 3 and a half years of pain, anxiety and illness, I had a brand new look on life.

I have gained back half of the weight I lost, which, IMO, is GOOD, because it reminds me that I am healthy again. I would like to lose some of it again, but the right way this time!

For almost 4 years I was unable to walk more than a block, made all my appts near a bathroom, could not stay awake for more than 2 hours, suffered cramps so bad I could hardly drive and depended on my small child to assist me in the smallest chores. For years he was MY parent. I think this was harder for me than the illness itself. Thank you, Michael, you are my hero...

But now, I am well, UNTIL I eat something I shouldn't and BOOM, I'm reminded that it was NOT worth it! This past January I went to Orlando for the first time without pain. It was like being there for the first time. :D

WOW Robin...and I can't believe I missed meeting you. But 75 pounds in 4 months :eek: Well here's to good luck on getting some of the weight off in a more healthy way!!!!

What a story... You seem to have (from what I've read here) a very interesting life IMHO!

Thanks for the story! Hopefully we can all help each other out over here!!!
:D

Sad story......neat 'ending' (or should I say 'beginning' ;) ). Thanks for sharing that Robin. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter