Article about my Dad's death in the Orlando Sentinel

Kevin, I would like to pass along my compassion and love to you and your family. I wrote a letter over the weekend and placed it in the mail this morning.

This man has a history of drug arrests and has never been punished, as the judges felt he shouldnt have to admit to being a felon.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, has down feathers like a duck, the justices in the area think its a bunny rabbit? If he didn't want to be labeled a felon, then perhaps he shouldn't be partaking in activities that are illegal.

Wow...just...WOW...I have no words.

Kevin, I wish you and your family the love and strength to get through this. :grouphug:

Outrage isn't the word. There IS no word for this.

I'm am sorry to hear that Kevin. I think it is really awful. You and your family will defintly be in my thoughts and prayers. :grouphug:

This is an outrage. Kevin, I do know how you feel. My grand father was killed by a drunk driver while crossing the street in front of his house. The driver got off with a slap on the hand. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family, as I know this news breaks you heart.

I am so sorry Kevin. I can't not imagine dealing with this miscarriage of justice on top of losing your dad. My prayers are with you and your family as you try to cope.

Kevin,

I'm not a lawyer and I definitely don't know the laws in Florida, but here's just one case where the family filed a civil suit - and prevailed.

No the facts are not the same, but I just wanted to see if a civil suit might give you what you're looking for - justice for your Dad.

Perhaps any of the attorneys onboard here can give their unofficial opinion on pursuing such a suit.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/courts...llion-verdict-for-family-of-dead-teen/1040615

Kevin, I wish I had some magic words to make everything okay with your family and to tell the people in the Florida justice system how terribly wrong they are. It just doesn't make any sense. My prayers are definitely with you and your family.:hug:

I am doing this drug and Acholol awarness class required by the state off florida that guy is getting away with the same thing the class required for a perment is saying not to do.

Thats messed up.

I am so sad for you and your family. May the support of this community bring you and your loved ones some peace.

I am so sorry Kevin! This is disgusting! I don't understand how these people can sleep at night? I left a comment in the Orlando Sentinel too.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kevin, I wish there were some words I could string together to take your sorrow and replace it with peace, but if they exist I sure couldn't think of them.

It's so hard to lose a parent and I can't imagine the anger and frustration when there is someone at whom you can point a finger and say, "You did this." And then to lose the opportunity...

I'm really and truly sorry. I hope you are able to get some peace some day.

:hug:

I don't get a chance to get on the boards too often these days but I saw this post and read though it and the referenced articles. My heart aches for you and your family. Thank you for sharing this. I hope that as a result of the outpouring of sentiments you can help get laws changed so people like this are gotten off the roads.

A number of years ago things like this seemed to happen with alcohol abuse pretty often. At that time I had 2 family members with drinking problem who htought nothing of getting in a car while under the influence. They were each arrested for drunken driving and given back their licensez with a slap on the wrist a number of times. Yes alcoholism and drug addiction are diseases but that does not give them any excuse to be on the roads. I was glad when the laws were changed and one of my family members ended up in jail and the other lost their driving license for a long time. It made the roads safer but it also had the effect of helping them each clean up. Changing the lasws certainly won't force people to clean up but it can get them off the roads

The same thing needs to happen with drugs and in every state. People need to be held accountable for their actions and no family should have to suffer what yous has gone though.

Kevin, I'm VERY sorry for your loss and now your family has to go through this.

This article enraged me. Although I live in NYC I will do or sign whatever is need to get this man prosecuted. Not only for the Close family but for anyone else that happens to cross the street and get hit by someone that IS under the influence.:mad::mad:

Kevin, I'm so sorry your family is being subjected to such an injustice on top of the grief of losing your loved one. It truly is an outrage and I hope our voices are heard!

Kevin, you don't know me but I was aghast when I read the article about your Dad's death. I cannot phathom what you and your mother are going through right now. I feel such outrage and disbelief that our judicial system is that flawed. The day that you can't convict someone for DUI or I think "Vehicular Manslaughter" when he is visibly impaired from the cocaine, marijuana and syringes they found in his car is the day we need to scrap the current system and start over. I would pursue something in Civil Court and run a campaign against the current State Attorney in the upcoming election......Your Dad needs justice!!!!!!!! My deepest Sympathy.

Lisa B.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter