Article about "declared deaths" on Disney properties

Crazy4mandms

Addicted to WDW and proud of it!
Just thought some might be interested in the Urban Legends webpage article about Disney not allowing deaths to be declared on Disney property. Urban Legends is a website that investigates rumors that float around the web (ending up in our emails!!) and either prove or disprove their validity.

http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/declare.htm

This is interesting, but the website leaves out one very important detail - no one dies anywhere until they are pronounced. They can be dead as a doornail and until an MD signs off on it (remember, paramedics are not MDs) it's not a done deal. I don't buy the "they do this because they are image concious" line. Every state has different laws regarding birth and death certificates, and Disney has no control over that.

Erin :D

I would think that Disney would go to extreme lengths to do anything possible for a patron in an accident. I am sure that they have deaths on property all of the time; so many people go there, statistics would show that there would be some. I can sympathise with the idea of them not wanting any death pronouncements on property, but I don't think that they can stop them. I think that it is a cross between getting medical care quickly, and quick transport to a medical facility. More to the point, I don't think that they want someone dying on the sidewalk upsetting other guests.

:bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter