Art the Greeter at the Beach Club

JudithM

DIS Veteran
As many of you already know Art the Greeter at the Beach Club is retiring very soon. CMs are having a retirement party for Art and are gathering photos and memories of Art from Cast Members and Guests/DVC Members. This will be compiled into a memory book for Art. If anyone would like to contribute, they should post their information in this thread before October 14, and CMs will access your info from here. CMs are looking for photos, comments, etc. Thank you!

We are very sorry we will not be able to tell Art in person, PLEASE give Art our best wishes. He actually might remember us - if you tell him we're the couple who gave him a South African pin and a photograph of us with his compatriot greeter at the Cullinan in Cape Town South Africa. We thought it was terrific that the guy in South Africa (Mr. Liambi) wore formal attire with pins given to him by hotel guests all over his suit coat.

Lois and Greg Syrek

and I so wish we had a picture of Art with us - I love all the pictures!

Art -
Thanks for being a Cast Member over the years and sharing the Disney Magic with our family each and everytime we visited you. You put the "Welcome" in Welcome Home!

Picture017-2-1-1.jpg

Art,
Thank you for all the smiles, you will be missed!!!! Enjoy your retirement!!!
814616511307_0_BG-1.jpg

Thank you, Art, for making the Beach Club a "must visit" any time we were at WDW. Your smile lights up a room, and the lobby is not going to be the same without you! Enjoy your retirement, and we hope to see you around the parks one day!

The Ryan Family

Dear Art,
When you begin going to WDW more than a few times, you begin to appreciate the hidden magic that make your trip memorable. You were one of those special "people" who always made our trips special.

DSCF0662.jpg

Dear Art,
When you begin going to WDW more than a few times, you begin to appreciate the hidden magic that make your trip memorable. You were one of those special "people" who always made our trips special.

DSCF0662.jpg

now how did that happen??

Oh I had no idea he is retiring! Do you know when?

Oh I had no idea he is retiring! Do you know when?

I think this Sunday or next Sunday is his last day. We will miss him too!

I posted my photo in the Resort board thread of the same name - I'm glad this one's getting a little more traffic, the other thread is not.

Art...here's a salute back at you for your wonderful years of sharing your own type of magic with so many visitors to Walt Disney World.

HPIM1809.jpg

May you have a long, healthy and happy retirement!! :thumbsup2

Oh Mr Art, when I met you last September I already knew of your famous reputation. You are so well loved and a very important part of the Beach Club experience. I think you're swell and will miss your smiling face. All the best to you in your much deserved retirement!

Judy Pavarini :goodvibes

On our last trip to Beach Club in June we had to get a picture with Art. Art deserves a happy retirement but if I was Disney, I would implore him, at least part time, to do a session with all new cast members on how to make guests' experiences special. You will be missed.

CJ, Andriana and Gia

Art.jpg

Just saw this thread---we enjoyed Art everytime we visited WDW, dating back to around 15 or so years ago. My son Robert, now 20, met Art when he was 5 or so. Robert will be doing his college Internship at Disney this fall, and still speaks of Art!

we were lucky to catch the legend last sept at our stay. good luck art, you will be missed. not that he would remember, but when we were there, a little kid lost their balloon in the lobby... all the way up to the ceiling... art came out with another balloon with a really long string... stuck a piece of tape on it and floated it up and attached it to the lost balloon... brought both down and handed both to kiddo. everyone applauded. one of those itty bitty magic times. cheers art!

4443802198_7ab2b3d89e_b.jpg

Have a very long and very happy retirement Art. You will be missed very much by my husband and I. Always looked forward to your wonderful greeting and happy face every time we were at the Beach Club.

This is from March of 2009. When we went in 2010 it just felt like something was missing without Art. I did ask how he is doing and they said he still stops by often. Our family wishes him all the best, this is my wife and 3 kids.

37604_1380694722097_1373816797_31000121_565733_n.jpg

35378_1380697162158_1373816797_31000129_4674677_n.jpg

Some CMs can never be replaced. They can leave a lasting impression on your life. Art is one of those CMs.:)

Farewell to Art and hello to Mike.

We met Mike last week - very friendly guy,very interested in our stay. He told me that Art is enjoying retirement and occasionally stops by to ensure Mike is wearing the uniform correctly:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!