Art of Animation or Caribbean Beach in April of 2021

GabetrixDisney

Mouseketeer
Hello all!

The time has come. Me and my fiancé are planning our next trip to WDW in April of 2021 and are bouncing ideas around of where to stay.

We have gravitated toward Art of Animation and Caribbean beach due to the price. Never stayed at either. I am wondering what everyone’s pros and cons are and what would you choose if you were in my position?

Some factors:
  • We are out and about most of the days but it’s always nice to relax at a comfortable resort with a clean and functional room.
  • Transportation always plays an important role, I know both have skylines access but I have discovered that there are different routes and connections. Is it easy to navigate or a nightmare?
  • Any hidden amenities that you folks take advantage of?
  • Good food and drink options or easy to get to good food and drink options.
Any advice is always greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I just changed my Feb stay to CBR (was going to be CSR - but I'll be there a month before, so change it up a bit).

Pros I see for CBR (I've stayed at AoA as well):
* More adult theme.
* Unless you book Pirate Rooms, you know you're getting queens or a king bed. I have not found confirmation that AoA has finished all the LM renovations, so you could get stuck with doubles.
* I find the vibe at CBR more relaxed - yes, AoA is Disney to the MAX, but it's nice to have a comfy chill vibe.
* CBR is the hub for the Skyliner so you can get go directly to and from Studios or Epcot. From AoA you'd have to change at CBR.
* With CBR you can walk (or Skyliner if you're not feeling walking) over to Riviera for more food options. Yes, theoretically you could Skyliner over from AoA, but you'd have to change at CBR to head towards Epcot and get off at the Riviera or walk from the Skyliner station.

AoA Pros:
* It is Disney to the MAX

It really depends on if you want a relaxed atmosphere or an over the top Disney atmosphere. We stayed mods once and will never do it again. It just wasn't Disney to us. We love AoA and POP.

I just changed my Feb stay to CBR (was going to be CSR - but I'll be there a month before, so change it up a bit).

Pros I see for CBR (I've stayed at AoA as well):
* More adult theme.
* Unless you book Pirate Rooms, you know you're getting queens or a king bed. I have not found confirmation that AoA has finished all the LM renovations, so you could get stuck with doubles.
* I find the vibe at CBR more relaxed - yes, AoA is Disney to the MAX, but it's nice to have a comfy chill vibe.
* CBR is the hub for the Skyliner so you can get go directly to and from Studios or Epcot. From AoA you'd have to change at CBR.
* With CBR you can walk (or Skyliner if you're not feeling walking) over to Riviera for more food options. Yes, theoretically you could Skyliner over from AoA, but you'd have to change at CBR to head towards Epcot and get off at the Riviera or walk from the Skyliner station.

AoA Pros:
* It is Disney to the MAX

Thank you for the advice!
The sky liner is a big advantage in getting to HS and Epcot.
Have fun on your trip in Feb:-)

It really depends on if you want a relaxed atmosphere or an over the top Disney atmosphere. We stayed mods once and will never do it again. It just wasn't Disney to us. We love AoA and POP.

The icons and Disney landscape of AoA looks amazing. We would stay in the little mermaid rooms and they look nice. Definitely a lot to offer.

I like the resort/different country feel of the Carribean. And the Skyway makes it a no brainer as the bus taking forever to make all the stops was a major impediment.

We had a great stay at AOA in October 2019, and we had a great stay at CBR in October 2020. You can't go wrong with either resort, but given that April 2021 will likely still have some of the current Covid policies and changes in place, there's different things to consider.

We are out and about most of the days but it’s always nice to relax at a comfortable resort with a clean and functional room.
You'll get that at both resorts, so its a draw for me. CBR feels more relaxing to me with the Caribbean theme. Every resort will have families of course, but we found it a bit more prevalent at AOA where the majority of rooms are family suites. Its also worth noting that if you book a standard room at AOA (rather than a family suite), you will be in the Little Mermaid section. Some consider it a bit of a walk from Animation Hall to the LM section. We didn't think the walk was bad at all.

Transportation always plays an important role, I know both have skylines access but I have discovered that there are different routes and connections. Is it easy to navigate or a nightmare?
MO, I think CBR is the better choice based on location. Its the hub for the Skyliner, so you avoid the "double wait" coming from AOA - meaning, trying to get to DHS at park opening, there is usually a long line to board the Skyliner coming from Pop/AOA. You have to transfer to the DHS line at CBR, so you then have to exit and get in the line at CBR for DHS, resulting in another wait. If you're staying at CBR, you can walk up and just get right in the DHS line. Its easy to navigate no matter where you stay, but coming from AOA, you have that additional time you'd have to build in for getting to DHS at park opening.

All of that said, if getting to DHS at opening is not important to you, then its not a big deal at all. The Skyliner wait is minimal, if anything, any other time.

Any hidden amenities that you folks take advantage of?
Good food and drink options or easy to get to good food and drink options.
No hidden amenities per se, but something to consider is that AOA is an easy walk to Pop and CBR is an easy walk to Riviera. That opens up additional dining options. CBR/Riviera will have a better selection between the TS at Riviera, the QS options, and each resort also has a bar if you want to stop for a drink. At AOA, there is a pool bar that I assume is operational now, but no other place to really hang out. In the current environment (at all resorts), you have to have a mobile order that's ready for pick up before you can enter the food court area. So sitting for a drink at Banana Cabana was the only place we could sit and enjoy the atmosphere of the resort for a while. There's nothing comparable at AOA.

I would opt for AOA over CB. AOA has a great food court and so does Pop (which is an easy walk over). Also if you are taking a bus, AOA only has the one pickup versus CB (which has many).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter