Arrival Breakfast

Paul Rodgers

Mouseketeer
We changed our ADR's so we have an extra set of 4 credits (4 people), and we've decided that rather than stopping to get breakfast on our way in (we're driving), we're going to go straight to Disney, and get in around 9:30-10:30 in the morning. What would be a good place to get breakfast/brunch? We're not doing the parks this day.

Lots of resort breakfasts available on property. What resort or resort area are you staying at?

When, what day, if Sunday consider any number of available brunches, what area? BLT/Contemporary- I recommend the Wave, or a super one 2TS at California Grill. Cape May at the Boardwalk, Boma at Jambo House. AK.

Lots of resort breakfasts available on property. What resort or resort area are you staying at?

We are at POFQ but I think I'm ideally looking for someone table-service wise but I'm going back and forth on doing table service or wanting something quick.

When, what day, if Sunday consider any number of available brunches, what area? BLT/Contemporary- I recommend the Wave, or a super one 2TS at California Grill. Cape May at the Boardwalk, Boma at Jambo House. AK.

We are arriving on Saturday

It would be fun to start the trip with a character meal. IMO nothing is more "Disney" than Chef Mickeys.

POFQ has an excellent menu for quick service breakfast. The french toast is excellent.

1900 Park Fare breakfast at the Grand Floridian was a fun character meal (Alice, Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins, Pooh & Tigger) and the food was really good, with a lot of variety, and a relatively relaxed atmosphere for a buffet.

we've decided that rather than stopping to get breakfast on our way in (we're driving), we're going to go straight to Disney, and get in around 9:30-10:30 in the morning.

You know your family best, but really think about what they are like without food. And while looking for food. While hungry. And maybe tired, depending on how long your drive way.

I would recommend having some snacks so people aren't sniping at each other if you dont arrive until 10:30, need to find where you're going, need to park, to walk, to check in, to wait to be seated, etc. By that time it's actually possible it won't be breakfast anymore at all.

I think this is a terrific idea BUT you do need to be sure that you reverse engineer the timing of it all, and make sure you can actually get to your meal when it's the mealtime you want, and that no one is going all The Hulk while getting there.

CM would be nowhere on my list

Same.

The Wave, yes.

Breakfast at Wolfgang Puck Express in Disney Springs is fantastic!

Boma's is good and if you want to hang around after breakfast there are observation area to give you a taste of AK. Park Faire has a wonderful character buffet then you could ride the monorail and resort hop if you like. If you want to explore the Boardwalk, there is a Tangled Breakfast at Trattoria Al Forno. Disney Springs has changed some much but I am sure they have some sort of breakfast or you could just get Sprinkles cupcake to tide you over until lunch.

You know your family best, but really think about what they are like without food. And while looking for food. While hungry. And maybe tired, depending on how long your drive way.

I would recommend having some snacks so people aren't sniping at each other if you dont arrive until 10:30, need to find where you're going, need to park, to walk, to check in, to wait to be seated, etc. By that time it's actually possible it won't be breakfast anymore at all.

I think this is a terrific idea BUT you do need to be sure that you reverse engineer the timing of it all, and make sure you can actually get to your meal when it's the mealtime you want, and that no one is going all The Hulk while getting there.

Same.

The Wave, yes.

Yeah, I'm thinking really hard about this one, because when we arrive, it's going to be after being in a car for essentially 18 hours (we're stopping every four), and not had an actual meal since the day prior (besides the probably snacks and fast food). We're not really the 'hulk' type, but at least two of the four of us will probably be pretty tired. I'm trying to think of someplace somewhat quick, like maybe a buffet, but takes longer than quick service. Not that I want to stretch it out, but I'm just trying to kill some time before our room is ready. I was able to book a ADR for Whispering Canyon Cafe at like 10:00, and then we'll drive over to our hotel, but I think I might change it if I hear a better suggestion.

I love the idea of a character breakfast.

When are you going to be there? If during Christmas time, you could do breakfast at a MK resort and then resort hop to see some decorations. Then head back to your resort and hopefully room is ready.

I'm not sure the time allowed for parking at the resort if you have an ADR.

One other thought, with making an ADR, are you willing to pay the fee if you miss it to heavier than expected traffic?

I love the idea of a character breakfast.

When are you going to be there? If during Christmas time, you could do breakfast at a MK resort and then resort hop to see some decorations. Then head back to your resort and hopefully room is ready.

I'm not sure the time allowed for parking at the resort if you have an ADR.

One other thought, with making an ADR, are you willing to pay the fee if you miss it to heavier than expected traffic?

We are going during the last half of August.

We're not really anticipating too much traffic due to the time of day we are driving. It's also why I'm hesitant about an ADR and not a walk-up.

We are going during the last half of August.

We're not really anticipating too much traffic due to the time of day we are driving. It's also why I'm hesitant about an ADR and not a walk-up.

I think Raglan Rd does a brunch on weekends...and they're on open table so no cancellation fee

I think Raglan Rd does a brunch on weekends...and they're on open table so no cancellation fee

I think I just booked brunch for Ragland Road, but if anyone else has any other suggestions, let me know! This works out quite well because I have to upgrade my park hopper to an AP at Disney Springs anyway.

I think I just booked brunch for Ragland Road, but if anyone else has any other suggestions, let me know! This works out quite well because I have to upgrade my park hopper to an AP at Disney Springs anyway.

Just thinking out loud here.... Perhaps having to wait to be called for an ADR first thing is not such a great idea. But have you thought of doing a CS breakfast but plan for a Character meal for a late lunch/early dinner?

With characters, I'd go for Cape May.
Without characters, definitely The Wave. By far my fave restaurant for both breakfast and dinner! :cloud9:

Cape May or 1900 Park Fare are great character meals.
Otherwise, consider Boma, really nice buffet for breakfast with regular and adventurous options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter