Ariel's Grotto and other questions

TigerLilly's Mom

<font color=FF99FF>Victim of a drive-by tagging!
I just made my PS's for our June trip. We will be eating at Rainforest Cafe, Blue Bayou, Ariel's Grotto, Storyteller's, and have balcony seating for Fantasmic. I am hoping to just grab something quick for breakfast at Whitewater Snacks, and eat the rest of our meals at counter service.

Could anyone tell me what characters they have seen lately at Ariel's and also Storyteller's?

Also, they lady I spoke with at vacation planning was nice, but she really didn't want go out of her way to help me. For instance, the first time I called for Balcony Seating, it was a little early to make the rest of my PS's, but I did ask if I could make my Rainforst PS with them, and the woman I spoke with said "sure we can do that for you when you call again". This time, she said "no, we can't do that, you will have to do it yourself". It wasn't a big deal, I don't mind doing myself, but I think she just didn't want to go through the trouble. Also, she said there was no way she could ever tell me what my seat numbers were for the balcony seating. I don't know if it is true or not, but she just wasn't very pleasant. She was very impatient and "unmagical" throughout the entire phone call. :rolleyes:

We really can't wait for our Califonia vacation!

Sorry to hear about the unmagical CM you spoke with!

We were just at DL for five days (5/18-5/23)and we went to all five character meals and Blue Bayou. Blue Bayou was delicious!!! We also enjoyed all the character meals, though some aspects of some were better than others.

At Ariel's Grotto (dinner), we saw: Captain Mickey, Chip, Dale, Pluto, Max, and Donald. We also got a free picture (before 11:30 a.m.) through our Disney Visa and we got to pose with Goofy and Captain Mickey.

At Storyteller's (breakfast), we saw: Baloo, Kenai, Koda, Meeko, and Dale. Chip was also there, but we somehow missed him in the rotation.

Hope you have a great trip!
Amy :)

Thanks so much for the reply. Could you tell me who Captain Mickey is and how he differs from regular Mickey? LOL By the way, your little girl is precious!

Capt'n Mickey is just that Mickey dressed up like a ships captin. Just another one of mickeys many incarnations.

Thanks! I don't know how to post pictures, so I hope my DH will update our signature soon since Alyssa was 13 months on our trip to DL. :goodvibes

Like DisneyChrista said, Captain Mickey is really Mickey dressed up like a ship's captain. He's wearing a white captain's hat, blue coat, and white pants. Chip and Dale are dressed like sailors, Goofy's in a colorful striped "old style" bathing suit (shirt and pants), Max is wearing a purple beach outfit, and Pluto is wearing a sailor's hat. Donald is in his traditional outfit, because he's already a sailor! :teeth:

There's also a silly CM dancing around...his name is Captain Rustworthy and his job is to gather the kids outside every half hour or so to dance and play. Watching him run around the restaurant was hilarious!

Hope this helps...and hopefully you'll have as fun of an experience as we did!

Amy :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter