"Are You Ready for Another DXDP Pre-Trippie?"

KONA CAFE

Well, we're DXDPers, so that means we get an appy, entree and dessert.

Kona is one of our favorites and I'm happy to anticipate the dining glory with all of you.

I'm looking at:
Appy: Kona Salad (minus the red onions)
Entree: Miso Glazed Mahi Mahi or Pan Asian Noodles with Shrimp
Dessert: Chocolate Fondue or Kiluea Torte

DH:
Appy: Crab Cakes
Entree: Shrimp and Scallops or Coconut Almond Chicken
Dessert: Coconut Creme Kiki Tart

DS:
Appy: Chicken noodle soup
Entree: Hot Dog
Dessert: Ice Cream

DD:
Appy: Chicken noodle soup
Entree: mac and cheese
Dessert: Ice Cream

Yak n Yeti

Me:
A: Egg Rolls
E: Shaoxing Steak and Shrimp
D: Mango Pie ( I love mango and this sounds really good!)

DH:
A: Pork Pot Stickers
E: Baby Back Ribs
D: Fried Wontons

DS and DD:
A: ?
E: Chicken Bites
D: Ice Cream

Our other meals on these days will be QS locations...I'll be taking pictures and notes along the way for a full-blown report!

If you have any suggestions, please share as we're open to trying new things! Thanks!!!

Oh boy, has a lot changed since I last posted.

First of all, my mom and dad are joining us for 6 days at the end of the trip. :goodvibes

I've rearranged our dining reservations at least a dozen times. I need to re-post our plans.

I've added some new places (like California Grill and Akershus) and taken some away (CRT and Boma).

I'll post our new itinerary tomorrow. I also have a few surprises up my sleeve for my ten year anniversary with my DH and for my kids' birthdays.

More to come.........

OK, so I've been making a ton of changes in the past month. Here is the new line up.

Day 1 in Disney:

Lunch at Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner at 'Ohana - this was pure luck. I checked on line for 'Ohana for this night, totally expecting it to be booked, and there was a 6:25pm for the four of us. PERFECT!

Day 2:
Akershus for breakfast
Yak and Yeti for dinner

Day 3: My parents are joining us on this day.
Lunch at Le Cellier
Dinner either QS in Downtown Disney or room service back at the Polynesian

Day 4:
Lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
Dinner at California Grill (with a special surprise thrown in from Chef Brian!)

Day 5:
Breakfast at Tusker House
Dinner at Tokyo Dining

Day 6:
Breakfast at Crystal Palace
Dinner at Narcoosee's

Day 7:
Lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby
Dinner at the Hoop De Doo Revue

Day 8:
Lunch QS in Epcot (Boulangerie Patisserie)
Dinner at Tony's in the MK

Day 9:
Breakfast at Kona Cafe

There are a handful of QS places for lunch, but we're just going to go with the flow and see where we want to eat and where we are when we're hungry. I'm really looking forward to the signature meals, especially California Grill and Narcoosee's.

I can't believe our trip is so close! I'll be taking TONS of pictures and doing a full blown dining report upon my return.

Thanks for reading! :)

Happy Anniversary! DH and I are celebrating our 20th at the Poly this summer. Looks like we'll just miss you?

I'm working on my dining pre-trip report now, too, and following along with yours. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Happy Anniversary! DH and I are celebrating our 20th at the Poly this summer. Looks like we'll just miss you?

I'm working on my dining pre-trip report now, too, and following along with yours. Thanks for taking the time to do this!

Thanks for the well-wishes! I hope to read your pre-trip plans, too!

But it only affects one meal. I'm sad to have to say goodbye to Yak and Yeti for dinner on the 19th, but I am and in its place we will be heading to BOMA. I really tried to avoid a lot of big buffets (I think the only buffet I have is Crystal Palace), but DH insisted. I'll just do small plates and mainly salad and fresh fruit. I hate the feeling of being stuffed and even DH said that he debated this request for a while due to the "stuffing of our faces that usually occurs." :rotfl: Oh well - one stuffin shouldn't be TOO bad....

Two weeks and 6 days?! Oh my, where has the time gone???

I was able to get Yak and Yeti back, but it will be for lunch on our Tusker House breakfast day. Breakfast is at 8, lunch at 1 then a late dinner that night at Tokyo Dining.

I also bagged Hollywood Brown Derby (because I had used too many credits!) and switched it to Sci-Fi Drive In. Onion Rings and Milkshakes may have to be ordered there......

I also bagged Akershus for breakfast and re-booked Cinderella's Royal Table. I think my DD will like this better for her birthday meal! :love:

I really cannot believe how close my trip is. I have started packing and that is when my excitement really begins to build!

I think I am completely set now with our dining reservations/plans. Who knows if we will make any changes once we're down in Florida, but as of now, I'm very happy with what we've booked.

I've been eating a lot less and working out a lot more prior to the trip in hopes that it counteracts the weight I'll gain while on vacation! LOL!!! :rotfl:

But I really, really cannot wait and I think the next two and a half weeks are going to drag...........

Stay tuned for dining reviews with pictures! And I'll cover Universal restaurants as well. :yay:

OK, this is it! The absolute final plans for our trip which starts in 1 week and 6 days (the Disney part....)

July 18, 2010
Lunch will be at Liberty Tree Tavern
Dinner will be at ‘Ohana at 6:25pm
Also, we're going to stop at Main Street Bakery to get pastries for breakfast tomorrow
July 19, 2010
Breakfast will be our pastries from MS Bakery
Lunch at Tusker Hosue at 1:05pm
Dinner - QS at MK
July 20, 2010
Breakfast at Captain Cook’s
Lunch at Coral Reef ressie
Right now I'm planning on having room service for dinner but that could change....we'll see.
July 21, 2010
Breakfast at Captain Cook’s.
Lunch at Sci-Fi Drive In
Dinner is at Narcoosee’s
July 22, 2010Breakfast at ‘Ohana at 7:45am
Lunch at Yak & Yeti at 1:30 pm
Dinner at Tokyo Dining at 8:10pm
July 23, 2010
Breakfast at Crystal Palace at 8:20am
Lunch is at Cinderella’s Royal Table at 2:20pm
Dinner will be QS in the MK
July 24, 2010
Lunch at 50’s Prime Time Café at 11:45am
Dinner is the 7:15pm show of the Hoop De Doo Revue
July 25, 2010
Lunch will be at a QS location in World Showcase - I like the Boulangerie in France and DH likes Tangierine Cafe in Morocco.
Dinner is at Artist Point at 6:15pm
July 26, 2010
Breakfast at Kona Café at 8:35am

I am sooooooo excited that our trip is SO close!
We will be leaving for Universal a week from Wednesday and we are planning on dining at the following:

Bubba Gump's - dinner our first night
The Three Broomsticks - breakfast our first day (included in package)
The Kitchen (dinner on the 16th)
The Island Dining Room (dinner on the 17th)
The rest we will just play by ear for breakfast and lunch.

Any critiques? Thoughts? Opinions? Well, I hope you're all looking forward to my reviews. I have thought of how to organize my photos and reviews. I'm going to take a picture of the menu before we begin our meal and then photograph the receipt at the end of the meal so I will be able to keep track of each entree from each place.

Hope it works.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter