Are you allowed to bring a thermos into the park?

jo-jo

DIS Veteran
I find by the time I get the coffee/ hot chocolate back to wherever DH is sitting, it's not hot hot. I like to sip, not just gulp. I'm hoping to stake out a spot to watch the fireworks inside the park and at times, it does get chilly in Dec. Last 10 years or so, we watched from BLT.

I also saw on all ears that Christmas processional will be back this year.

Last edited:
I never tried to take in a thermos. Is it glass inside? I think there are rules prohibiting glass.

My concern would be that even if you could get it in, it might be heavy to carry around.

Guests are allowed to bring outside food and nonalcoholic beverage items into the park for self-consumption, provided they are not in glass containers and do not require heating, reheating, processing, refrigeration or temperature control and do not have pungent odors. Inform a Security Cast Member of any food items when you enter the park.
from: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/outside-food-and-drink/

I have a 20 ounce stainless steel thermos that I bring with me into the parks almost every trip. I just hold it out in front of me when I'm walking through the security detector. Never had any problems with it.

I never tried to take in a thermos. Is it glass inside? I think there are rules prohibiting glass.

My concern would be that even if you could get it in, it might be heavy to carry around.

I figure no worst than bringing in several bottles of water. Chances are we would visit a park , back to resort and go into MK during the evening. So not carrying it all day, plus we will have DH's wheelchair, so it's not like having a bag thunk against your back with every step.

Never had an issue, but as others have said, never tried a thermos with glass inside. Have brought in coolers (they will even give you ice for free), and yes those 20/30 ounce stainless steel tumblers...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter