Are we crazy to consider Egypt June 24 2021?

SOPHISTICATED PEOPLE???? :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: Not judgemental much about people who choose not to travel internationally at this time, are you?

Sayhello
Sophisticated travelers. Like it’s not our first time to this rodeo. Understand?

it’s being treated like we’re a bunch of rubes who couldn’t possibly understand big bad insurance.

Sophisticated travelers. Like it’s not our first time to this rodeo. Understand?

it’s being treated like we’re a bunch of rubes who couldn’t possibly understand big bad insurance.
Maybe it's because you are talking like you don't.

Sayhello

I can guarantee it is not @sayhello's "first rodeo" either. A fair few of us have traveled extensively on our own as well as in groups and still enjoy ABD. Sometimes I want to be lazy. Seems like during a pandemic when more can go wrong than usual would be a great time to flex that option. :confused3

If ABD/other groups are still pulling trips and travel is being highly discouraged then I don't think people are just showing they're bumpkins by not wanting to travel internationally in the next 7 months. Cancer or other reason to need to travel NOW aside (condolences, @KashasMom, I hope you are cancer free soon!), we have the luxury of time here so no need to rush off to Egypt or somewhere else next month.

I can guarantee it is not @sayhello's "first rodeo" either. A fair few of us have traveled extensively on our own as well as in groups and still enjoy ABD. Sometimes I want to be lazy. Seems like during a pandemic when more can go wrong than usual would be a great time to flex that option. :confused3

If ABD/other groups are still pulling trips and travel is being highly discouraged then I don't think people are just showing they're bumpkins by not wanting to travel internationally in the next 7 months. Cancer or other reason to need to travel NOW aside (condolences, @KashasMom, I hope you are cancer free soon!), we have the luxury of time here so no need to rush off to Egypt or somewhere else next month.
I want to travel ABD - to Egypt specifically, that is why I opened this thread. But there is a tone that every person who wants to travel internationally (in my case half a year from now) is a rube who can’t possibly understand insurance. But I am not unsophisticated re these issues — and given Kashasmom’s experience neither is she. And why can’t I say it’s not my first time to this rodeo. It’s not - how does that impact anyone else’s relative experience.

@Kmk2- It's not about insurance. You and Kasha's mom are acting like anyone who voices any concern or says anything about possible negatives traveling internationally during a pandemic to a level 4 country is some dunce who just doesn't know how to properly travel. You are acting we are the rubes, not the other way around.

I'm all for everyone doing what they are comfortable with. But I'm not here for someone telling me listening to government advisories (which I say again, don't happen lightly- not at level 4) or exercising extreme caution means I'm not "independent" or "sophisticated." And that's my last word on the subject.

And you have been told that the specific insurance you have, which comes automatic with your flight, Emirates Travel Insurance states in its terms and conditions

Exclusions
Page 8, Point Number 13
We will not cover the following:
Any Claim arising in connection with or during Your Trip to a specific country or area for which an official government agency has mandated a border closure or issued a travel prohibition or ban.

Just because you get automatic travel insurance for your flight, does not mean that the travel insurance is valid for the destination you are going to.

Again you are planning travel to a country which has been given the status of do not travel by your Government, yet you seem to think that you can still travel there and that you have valid travel insurance, when thats clearly not the case.

And you’re in such a rush to jump all over me because you don’t agree with me. *I* am not flying Emirates and didn’t post that. Why don’t you scroll back and check before commenting? I referenced a post about Allianz that seems to cover you if you travel to a level 4. Why don’t you just worry about you and your own travels? SMH

I have friends that just got back from Egypt last week. The pyramids were open and they got to see everything they wanted to see without the big crowds. Part of their vacation was a Nile River cruise. They had a great time.

So glad to hear that. We can’t wait! Awesome itinerary planned.

The OP asked for opinion. People are giving it.

And you are not "sophisticated" just because you are traveling internationally during a pandemic. That's insulting as heck.

If people are feeling deeply about international travelers here, it's because these international travelers are being condescending by acting like those chosing to travel domestically or not travel at all are babies and simpletons who just aren't savvy enough to handle international travel. Which is bull.

Please stop.

Interesting because I don’t think I said anything nasty about the people not choosing to travel internationally. I explained why *I* am comfortable doing so and was called stupid, irresponsible, and whatever else. I truly don’t care what people do or don’t do. Travel internationally, domestically, stay home. 🤷‍♀️

I want to travel ABD - to Egypt specifically, that is why I opened this thread. But there is a tone that every person who wants to travel internationally (in my case half a year from now) is a rube who can’t possibly understand insurance. But I am not unsophisticated re these issues — and given Kashasmom’s experience neither is she. And why can’t I say it’s not my first time to this rodeo. It’s not - how does that impact anyone else’s relative experience.

Sorry, this went so off-track! Hope you get to Egypt and that it’s awesome for you!

in fact, everything is fine in Egypt now, hotels are working, the weather is excellent (the main thing is not to go there in August!)
all quarantine measures are observed and the incidence rate is within normal limits

And you’re in such a rush to jump all over me because you don’t agree with me. *I* am not flying Emirates and didn’t post that. Why don’t you scroll back and check before commenting? I referenced a post about Allianz that seems to cover you if you travel to a level 4. Why don’t you just worry about you and your own travels? SMH
So this thread is ongoing, lol.
Anyhow, I came back here b/c I was reminded of this thread as I was browsing info from Allianz and reading about their current coverage for certain COVID-19 situations. It does look like as long as you get the correct coverage, the CDC level isn't an issue. "Please note, until changed in a future version of this Coverage Alert, the above accommodations and other coverage for which you are otherwise eligible under your plan continue to apply regardless of any U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and U.S. Department of State travel alerts regarding COVID-19 that exist on the effective date of this Coverage Alert."
I trust that everyone reading this will make sure whatever policy was bought is good under the current circumstances.
To those who are traveling, best wishes for a great trip!

Lol! I must really be a horrible writer.
I wished you a great trip.
I am reviewing the situation regularly and looking at a lot of possible destinations myself, mainly b/c I had been planning a big (for me) trip that the pandemic turned into airline vouchers. :( There's no telling when our preferred destination (Japan) will re-open to US tourists, so I have been considering a lot of other options. Some are open now, and on my "bucket list", but this is a trip with my daughter, and they are not necessarily places she's interested in going ... but we're going to end up going somewhere, and it's got to be before our vouchers expire. I've even been looking into a lot of places, Egypt, for example, that hadn't been high on my own list, which is the sole reason I started following this thread.
The reason I posted to share that quote was simply b/c when I saw it on Allianz's site, I remembered that there had been a mention on this thread of how the CDC levels might impact the insurance. I thought some others might find it a pleasant surprise (as I did) to know that company was offering some coverage and specifically mentioning that those levels wouldn't void it.
So again, I wish you and everyone traveling to have a great trip! I don't intend any hidden meanings to that. You are ahead of me on restarting travel, and I am happy for you.
ETA: This applies to everyone. I wasn't addressing my response to any particular poster, and if you are one of the ones traveling, I hope you have a great trip.

I’m booked on Egypt June 15th. I really was expecting it to be canceled by now and very surprised it hasn’t. I already booked a deposit on the same trip for next year. Disney was unwilling to extend the date of the refundable deposit for next year until this is figured out for this year. They also would not provide a refund so I could have certainty about next year. We are now 5 weeks away from our Pre-trip to Dubai. Would be very short notice to cancel it now, but they have been canceling Egypt trips one by one. Ours is still hanging on. Was supposed to go to Israel after Egypt and that is very unlikely to happen given Israel’s restrictions.
Hoping this works for you and please keep me posted. I'm looking at June 22

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter