Are values under-rated?

I agree. I would always go value of I were not a dvcer. Great price. Good product.

Lots of love for the values here! I talked to my my wife about the idea but she simply sees the values as being overrun with rug rats and being stuck in a tiny room. She is used to 850 square feet, a California king bed, a jacuzzi, a high rise view, and access to a full kitchen and washer and dryer. All for less than the price of the values and in just as good of a location (bonnet creek). So yeah, pop century is a tough sell!

I do prefer the deluxes and having only stayed at one budget- the POP. Which I think is great. It has great bus trans, good food court and the atmosphere is alot of fun! Definetly underrated!

Totally underrated! We are also extremely fortunate enough have the option of staying where ever. We are also a young couple without children and we love going 2-3 times/year. We made the decision: special occasions we stay deluxe; all other trips we stay value. It makes sense for us. We stayed at GF for our honeymoon and it was perfect, but why drop $5000 dollars on a random vacation when we could use that money towards ANOTHER trip in the year? We will be taking 3 trips in 2013. Two of which will be values and one deluxe for our anniversary. Doing this allows us to be able to take 3 trips. And I would rather go more :)

It's personal preference, but based on your thought process, sounds like you're really leaning to value. Good luck in your decision :)

We have stayed at most of the Values, but went of off-site for a number of years because:

- Value rooms tiny, while off-site is a large condo for same price
- Value room loud - paper thin walls, can't sleep!
- Values have no hot tub, no slide for kids, garish decorations, and remind me of a Howard Johnson's Motel

We might never go to a Value again.

This time we are staying in a moderate (POR). The visual difference between POR and a Value is significant. The cost difference with an off-season S/P/D discount is pocket change.

While I have never stayed at a Mod/Deluxe, I think that the values are ok. After this upcoming visit, we will have stayed at all 3 (ok not the AOA). I really liked POP and thought it was more updated.
I would LOOOOVVVE to stay at the Poly. My DH has stayed at all Deluxe multiple times and said they are great. I would imagine so! I will say that our past vacations at Disney haven't been more than 6 days stretches. If they were, we would spend more time at the resort thereby possibly changing opinions. I will say that w/young kids, the Values are great because of the very kid friendly pools! :thumbsup2

It really comes down to how you like your vacation. If you like all the hustle/bustle, then you'd probably like a value. If you want a little more quiet resort, the deluxe is the way to go.

We are in the minority in this thread and do not like the values and will not stay at them as they don't fit our vacation style. That is not in any way saying there is anything wrong with them, they just aren't for us.

when dh and i were younger and childless, values were great. after going in 2011 and seeing the very long lines for buses leaving the parks and getting on the ME honestly had me very happy we stayed at a moderate.

when dh and i were younger and childless, values were great. after going in 2011 and seeing the very long lines for buses leaving the parks and getting on the ME honestly had me very happy we stayed at a moderate.

THis is a very good point I hadn't considered. Still not a huge fan of the mods, but this got me thinking.

I have stayed at POP and OKW, and I have to say that I really preferred POP! We like having the food court with so many easy & quick options, one central bus stop seemed easier than going around the entire circuit to wait for a stop close enough to walk, and I like the more in-your-face theming of the value resorts over resorts with subtle (albeit very pretty!) theming.

So for me and my money, I would choose Value.

All that being said, I haven't stayed at a monorail resort, and that could be a game changer, because that is a really nice perk!

The swan/dolphin is outrageously priced. Even the AAA rate at the cheapest room in the swan comes to $229 per night when you include tax and the resort fee. Add another $15 a night to park, plus needing to pay to park at the parks $14, it comes to $258 with their very best discount. We are staying at the swan our first night because it's free with a credit card promotion. Otherwise, it's just too close in price to staying at the boardwalk with our travel agent discount.

oops sorry, I have friends that go every April and they get rates of $129 a night with a small group. I figured it would not have been that far off that rate. :)

With young children, we find it much more convenient to splurge for deluxe. Less packing up strollers to get on busses, more convenient to character dining locations, and better pools.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter